NX Pancake pouch

Started Nov 5, 2012 | Questions
seph Regular Member • Posts: 182
NX Pancake pouch

Hi,

I'm looking for small pouches like the one I got with the 20-50mm but I can't find what I need : even the smallest are too big for these little gems !

Any idea ?

Regards

seph's gear list:seph's gear list
Panasonic FZ1000 Olympus E-M1 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Olympus Zuiko Digital 14-54mm 1:2.8-3.5 II +7 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Geoff-san Regular Member • Posts: 106
Re: NX Pancake pouch - good question

I'm looking for small pouches like the one I got with the 20-50mm but I can't find what I need : even the smallest are too big for these little gems !

Any idea ?

Hi,

I was hoping that someone would offer an idea or two.

I am guessing that there are many owners of pancake lenses of various brands & mounts who would like some good options. I am interested in padded cases. A couple of years ago I remarked to a salesperson in a camera store that Lowepro should have an option or two in their lens case range for pancakes. I am surprised that they still do not have any (although the Compact Courier bags with included pancake case hanging off the shoulder strap comes close).

I would like to see a lens case small enough for a single pancake lens added to the Lowepro range. There may also be a smaller market for a case which holds two pancake lenses of similar diameters, with a different coloured opening (or facility for a label) at each end to indicate which lens lies at each end.

Perhaps a post in the Open Talk forum would field more ideas.

Geoff.

Geoff-san's gear list:Geoff-san's gear list
Pentax Optio W20 Samsung NX10 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OIS +2 more
nx200USER1 Senior Member • Posts: 1,097
Re: NX Pancake pouch

since noone has suggested anything just yet, I would like to throw you an extreme example of what your time and patience can achieve if they are available. You may consider making your own using leather I was certainly surprised with the results of several months of labour, but I had spent an equal amount of time trying to find something appropriate on the web no avail.

leather case for 30mm pancake.

the lip on the lid keeps the lens snug.

I went berserk and made one for the 18-55mm, 18-200mm and the camera.

material and tools used for the project.

WMT Junior Member • Posts: 40

Hi, last year I bought two of these:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Coin-Purse-Zipper-Pouch-Neoprene-Pochette-Porte-Monnaie-/290606993902

(same seller)

He`s not selling any at the moment, but I guess you could try contacting him.
These are neoprene pouches, the 30 mm fits perfectly. 16 mm was a bit tight at the begining (it`s a bit longer), but it`s fine now. Pouches take up less space than Samsung originals, but I think they protect my lenses better.
Hop that helps...

OP seph Regular Member • Posts: 182

WMT wrote:

Hi, last year I bought two of these:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Coin-Purse-Zipper-Pouch-Neoprene-Pochette-Porte-Monnaie-/290606993902

(same seller)

He`s not selling any at the moment, but I guess you could try contacting him.
These are neoprene pouches, the 30 mm fits perfectly. 16 mm was a bit tight at the begining (it`s a bit longer), but it`s fine now. Pouches take up less space than Samsung originals, but I think they protect my lenses better.
Hop that helps...

Wonderful ! I was looking for other kind of pouches, but I've only found funny purses for kids or strange things. Of course, sellers couldn't really tell me if a Samsung NX pancake lens could be used with their products

These one look wonderful !

Panasonic FZ1000 Olympus E-M1 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Olympus Zuiko Digital 14-54mm 1:2.8-3.5 II +7 more
OP seph Regular Member • Posts: 182

I also found this : http://www.microlenspouch.com/

But I don't want to spend that much money, when I have neoprene MATIN (smallest is at least four  times too big)  pouches for one or two dollars !

aidan obsidian Regular Member • Posts: 252
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads