Your website is broken - Can't upload images

Started Oct 25, 2012 | Discussions
bondiblue Contributing Member • Posts: 831
Your website is broken - Can't upload images

Have been trying top upload an image to my gallery to enter to a challenge,

... but I am unable to upload.

After trying to start the upload half a dozen times, most times nothing happens. Occasionally I can get it to show "Preparing to upload" with the spinning clock thingie, but no upload takes place.

bondiblue's gear list:bondiblue's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 +3 more
Joshua123
Joshua123 Regular Member • Posts: 335
Re: Your website is broken - Can't upload images

Just wait a while and try again.  This has happened to me.  Why???? ...who knows.

<<<``>>>
      Josh

Joshua123's gear list:Joshua123's gear list
Nikon D50 Nikon D300 Nikon D7200 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G +7 more
RaptorUK Veteran Member • Posts: 3,266

bondiblue wrote:

Have been trying top upload an image to my gallery to enter to a challenge,

... but I am unable to upload.

After trying to start the upload half a dozen times, most times nothing happens. Occasionally I can get it to show "Preparing to upload" with the spinning clock thingie, but no upload takes place.

This happens because you do not vote frequently enough . . .

-- hide signature --

Take a look at my album . . . www.F1Album.com

RaptorUK's gear list:RaptorUK's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S2 Pro Nikon D1X Nikon D2X Nikon D3 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR +7 more
chrisby
chrisby Regular Member • Posts: 251

LOL!

chrisby's gear list:chrisby's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS3 Canon PowerShot G1 X Canon G3 X Canon G9 X II +6 more
Scott Everett
Scott Everett dpreview Admin • Posts: 1,047

Let us know if you are still having issues.

Scott Everett's gear list:Scott Everett's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Olympus E-1 Canon EF 16-35mm F2.8L II USM +2 more
stevelilly
stevelilly Regular Member • Posts: 488

Scott Everett wrote:

Let us know if you are still having issues.

I have been having this issue for a couple of days now??

-- hide signature --

If you want a prettier picture, bring me a prettier face!
http://digitalman.smugmug.com/

stevelilly's gear list:stevelilly's gear list
Panasonic FZ1000 Sony a6000 Sony Alpha a7S Nikon D750
Scott Everett
Scott Everett dpreview Admin • Posts: 1,047

What browser and browser version are you using? Thanks~

Scott Everett's gear list:Scott Everett's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Olympus E-1 Canon EF 16-35mm F2.8L II USM +2 more
dartymix1 Regular Member • Posts: 105
Re: Your website is broken - Can't upload images - also question on Px rule limitation

I am having the same problem.  Also, the rule for watches says that the picture can't be over 1,600 px on the longest side.  How do I make the picture to fit this?

Deleted pending purge Senior Member • Posts: 1,197
Re: Your website is broken - Can't upload images - also question on Px rule limitation

dartymix1 wrote:

I am having the same problem. Also, the rule for watches says that the picture can't be over 1,600 px on the longest side. How do I make the picture to fit this?

Hi, there are basically two ways, depending how you took your photo. Every photo editing program has two common tools: "crop" and "resize".

If there is much more in the image than the watch face, crop the image to show what's required, and save the outcome under different name (to keep the original). Then use "resize" tool to it, and set the longer size to 1600px or smaller. The shorter side will follow the original aspect.

If you took a macro photo of just the watch face and you're satisfied with your image content, just resize the image to 1600px or less (and save under different name to keep the original).

Process your image additionally (maybe contrast and color balance, don't forget to check the sharpness after each resizing), give it a proper title and enter the Challenge. Should be easy. Good Luck!

-- hide signature --

Fil

Re: Your website is broken - Can't upload images -

I keep truing to load photos.  I get a pop up saying that I need the updated version of Adobe.  I try to load it, and it loads, but never installs.

Deleted pending purge Senior Member • Posts: 1,197

dartymix1 wrote:

I keep truing to load photos. I get a pop up saying that I need the updated version of Adobe. I try to load it, and it loads, but never installs.

I can't imagine what would Adobe have to do with entering the images to either your gallery or the Challenges. Are you trying to upload from some photo-editing program? Is your browser somehow dependent on Adobe?

Without exact data on how you do your processing and upload, it's hard to offer any solution, but in all cases your photo-editor should only be used to produce some .JPEGs. The upload to the site, that's another thing entirely.

Maybe someone else could guess what's wrong.

I use one or several standalone programs to edit my images (none of those Adobe-produced), and save them to "DPR Upload" folder on HDD. Then I access this site via Firefox, log-in, enter the Challenge, and browse to that folder to pick the right entry (imagename.jpg). Nothing to do with anything made by Adobe in all that.

-- hide signature --

Fil

No, I am uploading from my pictures the way I always do.  The "add photo" button on the screen does not look right (it looks like it has writing through it).  When I try to add photos a pop up appears that says I have to update my adobe.  I go to adobe and update it, but it never takes.  Not sure what the problem is.

I tried my lap top and got the same thing.  Both are Apples, not sure if that matters.  I tried my PC from work and it seemed to work OK.

This is the message that I get.

The version of “Adobe Flash Player” on your system does not include the latest security updates and has been blocked. To continue using “Adobe Flash Player”, download an updated version from Adobe’s website.

Bernard909
Bernard909 Regular Member • Posts: 247

OldArrow wrote:

I can't imagine what would Adobe have to do with entering the images to either your gallery or the Challenges.

A Flash player (Adobe made) plugin is needed to upload otherwise it won't work.

For Chrome check one is activated (actually 3 are available) or none (about:plugins)

PanAAA Regular Member • Posts: 118

Unable to upload photos to my gallery more than one week ago.

Still trying now without success. Alrdy feedback to DPReview but no reply.

Updated to Firefox ver 17, still no success in photo upload.

Is it true must let the upload progress clock spin more than half hour?

PanAAA Regular Member • Posts: 118

PanAAA wrote:

Unable to upload photos to my gallery more than one week ago.

Still trying now without success. Alrdy feedback to DPReview but no reply.

Updated to Firefox ver 17, still no success in photo upload.

I have let the upload spinning wheel turn for 40minutes; with no success in photo upload.

Then I logged-out.

barb_s
barb_s Contributing Member • Posts: 762

PanAAA wrote:

I have never found that to work. I have only found that waiting and trying the next day, and sometimes resize-ing the photo get's it to upload. This past week I had the same issue for 2 or 3  days and then it started working. I have no idea why this happens so often but I never change browsers, and it just seems to break and then fix itself on a whim.

-- hide signature --

Barb

barb_s's gear list:barb_s's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS3 Sony RX100 III Leica Q Canon EOS 70D
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads