New Scheme here on the forum..

Started Oct 4, 2012 | Discussions
Redcrown Senior Member • Posts: 1,535
Re: New Scheme here on the forum..

Another no vote.

Curious, over the years I've seen numerous requests for changes. Add a feature, add a new forum, etc., but I don't recall ever seeing users request a change in the overall UI layout like this one. So you have to ask, "Where did it come from?

I probably agree with Peano, it came from designers who just need to design. Gives new menaing to the old saying, "Why does a dog lick his...."

mikes
OP mikes Veteran Member • Posts: 3,395
And Now......

And now the big question.... How do we get the Staffers at DPReview to see this thread?

-- hide signature --

Only when you can criticize yourself, should you criticize others. Mikes.

filipkrolupper Regular Member • Posts: 322
Re: And Now......

Well, the very successful scheme is "to complain" or "report spam" During last three days dissapeared about 5 threads You can just hope that they will read before deleting thread.

F>

tony brown Veteran Member • Posts: 4,110

The 'collapsed' format leaves out the author's name while the 'expanded' format wastes every other line so there are only half the messages per page.

Eleven years of the previous arrangement was fine. I think there were small changes but no gross waste of space. The 'expanded scheme needs compacting but then, what's the point of the change ?

Cheers, Tony.

RayGuselli
RayGuselli Forum Pro • Posts: 15,053
If it aint broke....don't fix it................

Sorry moderators, programmers etc....but I have to agree with people such as Allen and Peano.....(to name but two)

The previous format was understood and easy; this seems to be an upgrade without reference to what users want, whether the existing/previous format is failing, what was wrong with the previous format....and what, of significance and benefit do we have now that was not previously available.

If anyone does bother to read this post, please hit the button and return to normality.......

I have no problem with change...have managed change all my life....however, it should be for the better.

Thanks

Ray

-- hide signature --

VISIT MY WEBSITE HERE...HOPE YOU LIKE
http://www.flickr.com/photos/77568703@N03/

RayGuselli's gear list:RayGuselli's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon D300 Nikon D750 Nikon AF Nikkor 18-35mm f/3.5-4.5D IF ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G
RayGuselli
RayGuselli Forum Pro • Posts: 15,053
A feature I like.......

One feature I DO like...insert image from computer...saves a lot of messing around...May be some good after all??

Ray

-- hide signature --

VISIT MY WEBSITE HERE...HOPE YOU LIKE
http://www.flickr.com/photos/77568703@N03/

RayGuselli's gear list:RayGuselli's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon D300 Nikon D750 Nikon AF Nikkor 18-35mm f/3.5-4.5D IF ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G
kormendi_adam
kormendi_adam Contributing Member • Posts: 889
Nonsense

Some people always feel the urging need to do anything, I mean anything, regardless of whether it is needed or not, to justify their existence.

Why do you people have to complicate the life of the rest of us with your stupid 'innovative' games, especially, when it is completely unwanted?

kormendi_adam's gear list:kormendi_adam's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm F4G ED VR Nikon AF Nikkor 35mm f/2D +1 more
corporallouis New Member • Posts: 11
Re: Nonsense

kormendi_adam wrote:

Some people always feel the urging need to do anything, I mean anything, regardless of whether it is needed or not, to justify their existence.

Why do you people have to complicate the life of the rest of us with your stupid 'innovative' games, especially, when it is completely unwanted?

I agree 110%. Must be a bunch of ex Facebook employees who designed this change for the sake of change and certainly not user friendliness. This format SUCKS . . !

asoftwind
asoftwind Veteran Member • Posts: 5,441

All in all I like it much better.

-- hide signature --

Claude

DianeR Veteran Member • Posts: 5,318

TERRIBLE!! Opened this morning and immediately looked for a way to change it back to the way it was.

-- hide signature --

DianeR www.pbase.com/ramseyd

joey_B
joey_B Veteran Member • Posts: 3,080

If you want people to listen, stop whining and victimizing yourselves and actually say something usefull...

lylejk
lylejk Forum Pro • Posts: 32,241

The insert link option don't work, when you place an image from an external host, the image get's placed above your text so you have to drag it back into place, and a few more things such as mess up my sig.   Very frustrating to me Claude.    Not sure if you tried to post with an image yet; you won't like it for long (unless you are a masochist; lol).   

lylejk's gear list:lylejk's gear list
Leica V-LUX 1 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W7
asoftwind
asoftwind Veteran Member • Posts: 5,441

lylejk wrote:

The insert link option don't work, when you place an image from an external host, the image get's placed above your text so you have to drag it back into place, and a few more things such as mess up my sig.   Very frustrating to me Claude.    Not sure if you tried to post with an image yet; you won't like it for long (unless you are a masochist; lol).   

I didn't try to post an image in the new scheme yet. But the problem with the picture getting placed above the text existed for several months before the introduction of the new format. It would have been nice to fix the problem though... 

(unknown member) Veteran Member • Posts: 3,073

I agree, this new format really is a step backwards!  The old format was very easy to follow and see all the comments in a thread.  At least give us the choice to use the new or old version.

Murry

fuego6
fuego6 Senior Member • Posts: 2,222

Agree. bleh!!  Why do sites always feel the need to change things so dramatically when they weren't that bad to begin with... sure - all we asked for was the ability to easily edits are posts.. more than once - with a history option to ensure there is an audit trial.

Instead... we get... THIS....

Simon Garrett Veteran Member • Posts: 5,593

fuego6 wrote:

Agree. bleh!!  Why do sites always feel the need to change things so dramatically when they weren't that bad to begin with... sure - all we asked for was the ability to easily edits are posts.. more than once - with a history option to ensure there is an audit trial.

Instead... we get... THIS....

The wysiwyg message editor is fine, but the lists of posts and threads are now

very

very

spacious

and waste so much screen space.

Simon Garrett's gear list:Simon Garrett's gear list
Nikon D800
joey_B
joey_B Veteran Member • Posts: 3,080

Just click on the 'collapse' button in the forum overview, and if you want to you can change the color of the text to yellow at the bottom of the screen. Then it takes up about as much space as the former layout.

Redcrown Senior Member • Posts: 1,535

The "collapsed" view in yellow is tolerable, but then does not show OP name.

And all views are ignoring my ignore list. Being forced to look at some really ugly stuff from one of the most prolific posters again.

Stakeouttoo
Stakeouttoo Contributing Member • Posts: 963

let me say again... horrendous blue lettering/font on main page of each forum.. what were they thinking.. not good... what a shame 

-- hide signature --

Ray
my Canon 60d sure beats using that ol' Petri 7s

Stakeouttoo's gear list:Stakeouttoo's gear list
Canon EOS 80D Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM +6 more
Loren Charif Veteran Member • Posts: 3,712
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads