Fuji X10 filter

Started Sep 28, 2012 | Discussions
widick Forum Member • Posts: 80
Fuji X10 filter

Just received my Marumi 40mm lens protector filter and it fits on my X10 like it was made for it. The lens cap fits over the filter and the Fuji X10 leather case holds the camera with filter and lens cap installed. Marumi makes a 40mm CPL filter as well.

Fujifilm X10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Mark H
Mark H Veteran Member • Posts: 3,594
Special request...

widick wrote:

Just received my Marumi 40mm lens protector filter and it fits on my X10 like it was made for it. The lens cap fits over the filter and the Fuji X10 leather case holds the camera with filter and lens cap installed. Marumi makes a 40mm CPL filter as well.

You may be able to contribute something useful to this thread here...

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1012&message=42618317

Is there any chance you could try the following...

Set the camera to its widest angle focal length, and a wide aperture - then shoot a relatively plain/evenly lit surface (it doesn't need to be perfectly so - but don't use flash), shoot one sample with the filter attached, and one sample without the filter.

Do you get any vignetting in the corners with/without the 40mm filter attached?

If you can, upload the images to DPR and show us.

Of course, anyone else with an X10 and a 40mm filter might like to do the same thing, and let us know the result too.

OP widick Forum Member • Posts: 80
Reply to X10 filter request

I don't have time at present to perform a test of the nature you described. I can tell you that at 28mm at f2.0 I can detect no vignetting. But, for that matter, I could detect no vignetting in the photo in the thread you referred to and it's author was also somewhat ambivalent on that point. In any event, if vignetting is a problem when using 40mm filters, it will certainly be more obvious with the CPL filter which I assume will be thicker. When the CPL I have ordered arrives, I will try to test both filters in the manner you suggrested and post the results. Based on my experience, however, the protection afforded by the 40mm lens protector would outweigh any vignetting which such test might reveal at the "pixel peeping" level. All to often in these forums I feel that we end up in debates about differences which don't make any difference to me.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads