So who else is waiting for $2750 on the 5D3?

Started Sep 28, 2012 | Discussions
Qwntm Veteran Member • Posts: 6,161
So who else is waiting for $2750 on the 5D3?

I have a 5DII, 7D and T3i. So no need to rush into anything!

BUT, if the 5D3 was $2750 or even $2995 at B&H, Adorama or Amazon, I'd place the order tonight.

Who else wants one, and would order it right now if it was

Just Curious.

Qwntm's gear list:Qwntm's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Pentax K-5 IIs Olympus E-M5 II Sigma 10mm F2.8 EX DC HSM Diagonal Fisheye Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) +8 more
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 600D (EOS Rebel T3i / EOS Kiss X5) Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Blue Breeze Senior Member • Posts: 1,664
Re: So who else is waiting for $2750 on the 5D3?

I'm a classic 5D owner and it would be so hard to give up my camera. But for that price, the 5D Mark III would be a nice early Christmas present for myself.
--
Former Kodak 280 user.
Current Olympus d-40 owner
Former Panasonic FZ10 user
Former Canon Rebel XT user.
Canon Digital Rebel owner.
Current Canon 5D owner.

Charles Edgeworth2 Forum Member • Posts: 69

I shoot Nikon now, but am considering the 5d3. Crutchfield has a "Scratch & Dent: $2,974.99". Was going to get a 50 1/4 as well. They are offering twice their normal points so you will end up with $300 worth of gift cards. Would use that to get the 70-200 2.8 II and wait for the 24-70 2.8 II.

I shot with a guy that has the 1DX and a 1DM4. Love the images he gets.

jcochran Senior Member • Posts: 1,173

$2750 and I'm all in!

-- hide signature --
 jcochran's gear list:jcochran's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS M Canon EOS M3 Canon EOS M5 Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM +17 more
Stone13 Regular Member • Posts: 204

My 7D is doing just fine so I'm in no rush. $2750 would be very nice and I think we'll see prices in that range as the holidays get closer. I'm waiting until the Oct/Nov timeframe before I buy unless beach camera has another blowout.
--

7D gripped | Sigma 30 1.4 | 50 1.8 | 85 1.8 | 15-85 IS USM | 70-200 2.8L IS II | 430 EX II | Billingham 445

MWC Junior Member • Posts: 46

I am ready to do it ASAP!!

olynik969 Senior Member • Posts: 1,615
Probably
-- hide signature --

Bob (formerly bobmax)

olynik969's gear list:olynik969's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR Fujifilm 50-230mm II
Press Correspondent
Press Correspondent Veteran Member • Posts: 3,345
It already was $2750

Adorama already sold more than 800 units of 5D3 for this price in just one sale not too long ago. With the initial demand already satisfied and the remaining demand further depleated by D800 and D600, the expectations of 6D and waiting for a high-resolution Canon, I hope to see some 5D3 deals for $2,500 during this holiday shopping season.

Qwntm wrote:

BUT, if the 5D3 was $2750 or even $2995 at B&H, Adorama or Amazon, I'd place the order tonight.

Press Correspondent's gear list:Press Correspondent's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/4.0L USM +11 more
ossme Contributing Member • Posts: 828
Re: It already was $2750

I believe the higher initial price was to cover the development cost. Once this is covered, canon can reduce the price to pretty much anything they want.

ossme's gear list:ossme's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS-1D Mark II Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM +8 more
Dennis Galletta Forum Member • Posts: 79

I was disappointed to miss that $2,750 price. So now I've learned my lesson and will check this forum every couple of days.
--
DG

OP Qwntm Veteran Member • Posts: 6,161

Press Correspondent wrote:

Adorama already sold more than 800 units of 5D3 for this price in just one sale not too long ago. With the initial demand already satisfied and the remaining demand further depleated by D800 and D600, the expectations of 6D and waiting for a high-resolution Canon, I hope to see some 5D3 deals for $2,500 during this holiday shopping season.

Qwntm wrote:

WOW! I like the way your thinking there!

But I would take $2750 no problem!

Fujifilm X100S Pentax K-5 IIs Olympus E-M5 II Sigma 10mm F2.8 EX DC HSM Diagonal Fisheye Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) +8 more

Dennis Galletta wrote:

I was disappointed to miss that $2,750 price. So now I've learned my lesson and will check this forum every couple of days.
--
DG

Me too... But at least now we know what we are aiming for!

ugotvijay New Member • Posts: 17

You can sign up for slickdeals.net and save a search for 5D Mk III. Everytime there is a post with 5D III you will get an email notification.

Dennis Galletta wrote:

--
DG

Ross Murphy Senior Member • Posts: 1,968
 Ross Murphy's gear list:Ross Murphy's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Nikon D810
Richard Veteran Member • Posts: 4,858
Yep, would buy it tonight

I have been waiting for years, since the original 5d came out to upgrade to full frame, a few weeks or years won't make much difference.

Qwntm wrote:

Just Curious.

Canadianguy Senior Member • Posts: 1,490
It's already happened twice this year...

Ross Murphy wrote:

not going to happen this year, dream on

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=847545&Q=&is=REG&A=details

It's already happened twice this year and xmas aint even here yet.

trale Senior Member • Posts: 1,113
Re: It's already happened twice this year...

There will be a discount for sure around X-mas time, but I doubt it will as low as the $2750 it went for recently, and will probably be a bit more. The adorama ebay discount was just crazy.

I see the $2750 as the the "bottoming" out price for the 5DIII in the long term, and was not expecting it to reach that for at least 1 more year - judging by Canon's price history with their other high end DSLRs. I still think these recent steep ebay promotions are a freak event that won't be replicated soon by other retailers. We have no information on cause behind these discounts (ebay subsidy, Canon subsidy, etc).

And if anything, I suspect the 6D's release will actually push the 5DIII's price from being that low in the next couple months. Think about it - if the 5DIII can be bought for around $2750 at Xmas, not many would settle for a 6D for $2100. Most ppl would pay the relatively small difference to obtain a vastly superior camera.

Qwntm wrote:

Ross Murphy wrote:

not going to happen this year, dream on

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=847545&Q=&is=REG&A=details

It's already happened twice this year and xmas aint even here yet.

Re: It's already happened twice this year...

trale wrote:

There will be a discount for sure around X-mas time, but I doubt it will as low as the $2750 it went for recently, and will probably be a bit more. The adorama ebay discount was just crazy.

I see the $2750 as the the "bottoming" out price for the 5DIII in the long term, and was not expecting it to reach that for at least 1 more year - judging by Canon's price history with their other high end DSLRs. I still think these recent steep ebay promotions are a freak event that won't be replicated soon by other retailers. We have no information on cause behind these discounts (ebay subsidy, Canon subsidy, etc).

And if anything, I suspect the 6D's release will actually push the 5DIII's price from being that low in the next couple months. Think about it - if the 5DIII can be bought for around $2750 at Xmas, not many would settle for a 6D for $2100. Most ppl would pay the relatively small difference to obtain a vastly superior camera.

Yes, but it's not really a choice between the 6D and 5D3 is it? It's also a choice between the 5D3 and D800 for $2995. That's where the "pressure" is coming from.

Don't get me wrong, I just bought back into the Canon system and could have easily bought a D800 instead. But I'm thinking I'm not the typical person making the choice as I actually understand what a 22ish MP camera is capable of and know I have no use for a 36MP camera.

David Hull
David Hull Veteran Member • Posts: 6,021
Be sure to post here when you see it...

Right after you place your order, of course

Yes I would buy at that price, but I would also buy at the current price which seems to be $3200 when I am ready. I am hoping to see some rebates coming up soon.
--
Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/26158506@N07/

David Hull's gear list:David Hull's gear list
Canon EOS 50D Canon EOS 5D Mark III
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads