Cannot Upload - What is Error 2038

Started Sep 19, 2012 | Discussions
sonicboom1 Junior Member • Posts: 28
Cannot Upload - What is Error 2038

Hi there

I have been entering challenges for awhile now with no problems. Recently I have had trouble uploading images and not sure why. I have cropped the image at 6 x 4. 1800 x 1349 and 889.9 kb. It uploads to about 60 - 80% then fails. I can upload other images though but not sure what the issue is. Is it a size issue or a dimension problem?

I get the thumbnail to appear on screen but thats as far as I get..

Ther error message is IO error 2038

Please help!

Thanks

Steve Throndson Senior Member • Posts: 2,702
Re: Cannot Upload - What is Error 2038

Your dimensions and file size are fine. I think the problem is that the site is often overloaded. You might have to use some of your patience and try again later - or try a different browser. I've had fewer delays when using Mozilla Firefox than with Internet Explorer.

OP sonicboom1 Junior Member • Posts: 28

Thanks Steve..

I tried explorer and the upload worked. I think I have tried 20 times now using different browsers.. The ironic thing is I had a great photo of a lizard for the reptile challenge but it is now full!

Cheers

Steve Throndson Senior Member • Posts: 2,702

Sonicboom1,

Too bad you missed the challenge. There will be another chance, I'm sure. Maybe in one of the 'best photo this week' challenges.

mr dubya
mr dubya Forum Member • Posts: 55
Re: Still can't upload, same error constantly

Been having the same problem for 4 days now, pictures queue ok but after clicking the 'start upload' button every image has the I/O Error 2038. Ive tried different image sizes and browsers and still no luck :/

mr dubya's gear list:mr dubya's gear list
Nikon D3100 Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5G ED-IF +3 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads