The Deal-Making G15 Feature...

Started Sep 17, 2012 | Discussions
MMACory Senior Member • Posts: 1,776
The Deal-Making G15 Feature...

...is no swivel screen. I'm anti-swivel screen and have the G15 on my "to buy" list.

MMACory's gear list:MMACory's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM Canon EF 135mm F2L USM Canon EF 16-35mm F4L IS USM +3 more
Canon PowerShot G15
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
jonrobertp Forum Pro • Posts: 12,875
Re: The Deal-Making G15 Feature...

good for u. Like I said, sounds nice. (but I already have a good lil cam.)

jonrobertp's gear list:jonrobertp's gear list
Canon PowerShot G7 X Canon G3 X Panasonic ZS100
YiannisPP Senior Member • Posts: 1,621

That bright lens will probably be another deal-making feature (Canon usually does G-series lenses well enough).
As is the significantly improved focusing and shutter lag.

jonrobertp Forum Pro • Posts: 12,875

true and true.

jonrobertp's gear list:jonrobertp's gear list
Canon PowerShot G7 X Canon G3 X Panasonic ZS100
NewHaarlem New Member • Posts: 4

I'll take the G15's significantly faster lens and smaller and lighter body over the G12.

Now, if only the G1X had the same fast F1.8-2.8 lens... Wait for G2X?

John McCormack Veteran Member • Posts: 5,827
Re: The Deal-Making G15 Feature...Dual Axis Level

The Canon USA site shows a new addition. It says level also shows in the OVF. Hmmm? I wonder.

http://consumer.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/cameras/digital_cameras/powershot_g15#Features
Dual Axis Electronic Level

The PowerShot G15 has a Dual Axis Electronic Level, featuring an artificial horizon over the image on the rear LCD screen or in the viewfinder for easy leveling while shooting. The dual axis electronic level shows both horizontal roll and vertical pitch, making it easy to identify when the camera is in a fixed level shooting position and ready to take the shot.

paulj623 Regular Member • Posts: 311
Re: The Deal-Making G15 Feature...Dual Axis Level

I am getting one and just called canon. The guy couldn't say for sure but said he thinks the g15 has auto iso in M mode. If this is the case I think that is a great feature I use on my 7d and would love on the g15

paulj623's gear list:paulj623's gear list
Sony RX100 II Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Tamron AF 28-300mm F/3.5-6.3 XR Di VC LD Aspherical (IF) Macro +4 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads