RX1 is timy!

Started Sep 10, 2012 | Discussions
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
GoSUV Junior Member • Posts: 31
Re: RX1 is timy!

Skarstrom wrote:

It's a Somy. That's why it is timy.

Seriously, if this is real, I think I have finally found a digital replacement for my CONTAX T3.

3dreal Senior Member • Posts: 2,271
Archiver Veteran Member • Posts: 3,494

3dreal wrote:

i dont see a manual-focussing-ring. Absolute no-go.

I'm guessing that the grooved front ring is a manual focus ring. And if this camera is real, it's about the same size as the Oly OM-D with the Sigma 30mm lens on it, and perhaps smaller than with the Sigma 19mm. Things could get very interesting in the next few years if this raises the bar.

-- hide signature --

Archiver - Loving Every Image Captured Always

George Paulides Senior Member • Posts: 1,032
Re: ...I.... just.... I mean...

Ben O Connor wrote:

I just cant answer these questions.

• Why should i worry about the "size - pocketability " If i enjoy using my full frame (its anyway small but not light !)

Why can not we have both pocketability and full frame. Remember film when every 35mm camera was "FF" Cameras like Contax T2 can be considered as the "film inequivalent" of the RX1 and it was small.

Ben O Connor
Ben O Connor Contributing Member • Posts: 957
Re: ...I.... just.... I mean... (it´s a brave step ..)

... not just about this particular modal, but the all new coming models, Sony changed its hot shue type.

Now its something, a very brave step forward. Untill now, they were using the benefical points of Minolta background. But since they have introdueced the A..7 products (A77, A65, A57....) and the NEX-7 they started to trusted more by consumers. It make them to make bigger braver steps to forward. Hot shue is a big sign on my defination.

And about size of FF cam. maybe you guys right, "why not smaller.." i just would not be worry about the size so much, for paying this much and having some Nikon D 800´ly images

Ben O Connor's gear list:Ben O Connor's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 12-32mm F3.5-5.6 Mega OIS +4 more
RX100 Junior Member • Posts: 43
Re: ...I.... just.... I mean... (it´s a brave step ..)

RX100 vs RX1 Size Comparison:

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads