Weekend Pix for the week ending Sept 7th to 9th, 2012

Started Sep 7, 2012 | Discussions
larryj Veteran Member • Posts: 9,780
Weekend Pix for the week ending Sept 7th to 9th, 2012

Well here we are again, yes another week and come and gone and it is time to post our weekly shots for everyone to see. Remember all Sigma cameras and lenses (or not) are welcome, and please give your post a name (or title) so the comments can be properly directed. Try to limit your post to 3 images (I know it is hard at times) and by all means go out and shoot some photos this weekend and have fun!
--
Cheers,
larryj

If you can see the light, you can photograph it
Quote from Myron Woods

larryj's gear list:larryj's gear list
Sigma SD1 Merrill Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 EX DG HSM Sigma 150-500mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Sigma 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM Art +1 more
OP larryj Veteran Member • Posts: 9,780
Nothing stays the same

I have driven past this corner for 35 years and admired this unusual building. It was one I had planned to photograph 'someday', well it is too late. It was the only building that was not a rectangular box on this side of town! You can imagine my chagrin when I was driving by this week and noticed that the building was being demolished. Procrastination got me again :O(. Shots done with the SD1M and the 24-70 mm lens.

-- hide signature --

Cheers,
larryj

If you can see the light, you can photograph it
Quote from Myron Woods

larryj's gear list:larryj's gear list
Sigma SD1 Merrill Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 EX DG HSM Sigma 150-500mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Sigma 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM Art +1 more
tarmov Forum Member • Posts: 55
hemiboreal bog on a late sunny day in Tallinn, Estonia

Harku bog is quite an extensive bog (2x2 km) within the city limits. Lots of cyclists, joggers, so-called nordic walkers (with walk poles) and wanderers enjoy its services.

I usually just take a bicycle and a smallish camera and take a tour of 15km or so. There are some spots where city noise is blocked out. Lots of blueberries and mushrooms. It is quite relaxing.

I just love the small details on this pic.

The original resolution jpg is here:
http://picasaweb.google.com/tarmove/HarkuRaba#

tarmov's gear list:tarmov's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Sony RX100
ricky jung Regular Member • Posts: 360
Re: Weekend Pix Stuck in Traffic Sept 7th to 9th, 2012

SandyF Forum Pro • Posts: 14,941
Re: more DP2Merrill processing

I won't 'let' myself take more DP2Merrill photos until I get the CA sets fully processed LOL... especially since husband and I are heading off on another long-planned trip to Nashville Tennessee on 9/17! Must free up laptop's hard drive by processing all RAWs and getting those large RAWs off the laptop, just keeping the JPEGs on the computer. I double back up to external hard drives all the photo work, so if I need the RAWs in the future, say to reprocess as TIFFs for large prints, I can easily access the RAW again.

So another Big Sur CA shot, just uploaded to flickr link below; lots more there

Best regards, Sandy
http://www.pbase.com/sandyfleischman (archival)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sandyfleischmann (current, new DP2Merrill photos)

SandyF's gear list:SandyF's gear list
Sigma DP2 Sigma DP1 Sigma DP1 Merrill Sigma DP2 Merrill Sigma DP3 Merrill +7 more
Nancy and Pete Spader Senior Member • Posts: 2,050
SD14 w 17-70mm lens (Unidentified Flower)

Nancy got a late blooming flower today. We are almost to the end of the flowers this year. Hope you enjoy it, and we wonder if anyone knows what it is.

Information and other sizes (including the original size) is at:
http://www.pbase.com/pspader/image/145922980/large

Pete and Nancy

MOD Kendall Helmstetter Gelner Forum Pro • Posts: 19,900
Re: Nothing stays the same
 Kendall Helmstetter Gelner's gear list:Kendall Helmstetter Gelner's gear list
Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Sigma 8-16mm F4.5-5.6 DC HSM Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 EX DG HSM Sigma 50-500mm F4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM Sigma 85mm F1.4 EX DG HSM +4 more
skipwaw Contributing Member • Posts: 921
Re: SD14 w 17-70mm lens (Unidentified Flower)

Very nice; lovely background.

skipwaw's gear list:skipwaw's gear list
Sigma SD14 Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM Sigma 70-300mm F4-5.6 APO DG Macro Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM +1 more
skipwaw Contributing Member • Posts: 921
Weekend Pix: New Haven Bridge and Stream

From last weekend, but processed today.....

Missing a nice Bass in the pool of light in the left foreground. (Fish just are not as patient as a photographer's dog.)

skipwaw's gear list:skipwaw's gear list
Sigma SD14 Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM Sigma 70-300mm F4-5.6 APO DG Macro Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM +1 more
Tom Schum
Tom Schum Veteran Member • Posts: 6,521
Grasshopper and thistle

Actually taken a couple weeks ago, and just processed tonight. About 1/3 of the total image, downsized. I didn't know the grasshopper was there until just a few minutes ago when I zoomed in.
SD1 and 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC Macro OS HSM:

-- hide signature --

Tom Schum

Tom Schum's gear list:Tom Schum's gear list
Sigma DP2 Sigma DP3 Merrill Ricoh WG-4 GPS Fujifilm X30 Sigma dp0 Quattro +9 more
Tom Schum
Re: Nothing stays the same

larryj wrote:

I have driven past this corner for 35 years and admired this unusual building. It was one I had planned to photograph 'someday', well it is too late. It was the only building that was not a rectangular box on this side of town! You can imagine my chagrin when I was driving by this week and noticed that the building was being demolished. Procrastination got me again :O(. Shots done with the SD1M and the 24-70 mm lens.

I really like the second one: It's a beautiful day to demolish a building!

-- hide signature --

Tom Schum

Sigma DP2 Sigma DP3 Merrill Ricoh WG-4 GPS Fujifilm X30 Sigma dp0 Quattro +9 more
Tom Schum

ricky jung wrote:

It must have been a very clear haze free day! Great idea to frame the bridge in the tunnel exit.
--
Tom Schum

Tom Schum
Re: Weekend Pix: New Haven Bridge and Stream

skipwaw wrote:

From last weekend, but processed today.....

Missing a nice Bass in the pool of light in the left foreground. (Fish just are not as patient as a photographer's dog.)

I really like the dramatic framing, the oasis of wilderness in the bowels of the concrete.
--
Tom Schum

ricky jung Regular Member • Posts: 360

thanks...when you're stuck in traffic...you're stuck...so what else to do...take pictures of course!

Davethepom
Davethepom Regular Member • Posts: 381
Spooky - Ghost Gum

Hi all,

Beautiful Sunday here in Melbourne. My favorite Ghost Gum at the end of the street.

Roland D Regular Member • Posts: 189
Close to home and...

the first from Pointe-Claire village
the second, at Herb's truck stop, half way between Montreal and Ottawa

rd

TClair
TClair Veteran Member • Posts: 4,331
Garden Flower

cas3 Contributing Member • Posts: 573
Re: Weekend Pix - a couple from today

Took some flower shots with DP2M today. Supposed to have first freeze tonight.

Sunset view across inlet with Alaska range in background.

cas3's gear list:cas3's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Pentax K-5 IIs Olympus E-M5 II
Joerg V Contributing Member • Posts: 632
Re: Spooky - Ghost Gum

Wow! Sometimes it is the "simple" topic that generates a stunning picture. I am mesmerized by the sun spots on the tree - they are at the edge of clipping but somehow that makes them cool. I wasn't expecting much from a gum tree but never judge a book by its cover (or a posting by its name)...

Joerg V's gear list:Joerg V's gear list
Sigma DP1 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM Art +3 more
Nancy and Pete Spader Senior Member • Posts: 2,050
Re: Weekend Pix: New Haven Bridge and Stream

Great use of the curves in this composition, and a nice feel to it.

Pete

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads