Elinchrom to speedlite bracket

Started Aug 29, 2012 | Discussions
narddogg81 Senior Member • Posts: 1,029
Elinchrom to speedlite bracket

I dont know if anyone else is interested, but Ive been looking far and wide for a way to securely mount flash accessories (softboxes, reflectors, beuty dishes, etc..) to a speedlite without having to modify anything myself. I found the following elinchrom speedring to speedlite bracket this evening, took a chance and ordered it. It says its made of all aluminum, but I will find out. looks like it should let me mount just about anything to it, so i was pretty excited to find what I was looking for

http://www.prophotographygear.com/nikon-canon-flash-speedlight-bracket-adapter-to-elinchrom-p-488.html

not too sure about the seller, so if turns out i was scammed i will let you know. ppayed with paypal, so i should be able to recover money from fraudulent sellers. The price is $38 canadian, ended up being $56 US with shipping. they list having 1 more in stock at the moment.

I cant believe there are not lots of manufacturers making such products. the source seems to be chinese, nicefoto.cn

Nikonparrothead Veteran Member • Posts: 5,116
Re: Elinchrom to speedlite bracket

I've seen that before. There are lots of Bowens mount options or dedicated options (ie the Lastolite speedlite bracket) and dedicated mounts as well (Photoflex has one for its modifiers, Chimera has one for its gear, Kacey has one for its dishes, Mola has one for its dishes) of course they all cost more than that.

What Elinchrom modifier were you planning on using with a speedlite?
--
'Nice pen, bet you write good stories with it.'

Nikonparrothead's gear list:Nikonparrothead's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ1 Canon PowerShot S95 Fujifilm FinePix X100 Nikon Coolpix A Panasonic LX100 +13 more
OP narddogg81 Senior Member • Posts: 1,029

Nikonparrothead wrote:

I've seen that before. There are lots of Bowens mount options or dedicated options (ie the Lastolite speedlite bracket) and dedicated mounts as well (Photoflex has one for its modifiers, Chimera has one for its gear, Kacey has one for its dishes, Mola has one for its dishes) of course they all cost more than that.

What Elinchrom modifier were you planning on using with a speedlite?

yeah, ive seen the lastolite and the others. I was looking for elinchrom specifically because i got some modifiers off of a friend recently who updgraded some of his gear, so i already have a 17' beauty dish and a 24 x 36 softbox that have elinchrom speedrings. I also like the looks of the paul buff P.L.M, and if it want to mount that on axis with a speedring the only option is elinchrom because you can get that with a elinchrom speedring option and there are no brackets that will take a paul c buff speedring

Ah I see. Though you won't get that full beauty dish effect with the Elinchrom Dish unlless you figure out a way to mount the deflector (my first light was a Calumet Genesis 300B, I bought a Elinchrom 17-inch dish and was hearbroken when I learned that I couldn't use the deflector it fits into the Elinchrom umbrella mount).

I think you'll be fine with that unit from eBay though.
--

Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ1 Canon PowerShot S95 Fujifilm FinePix X100 Nikon Coolpix A Panasonic LX100 +13 more
OP narddogg81 Senior Member • Posts: 1,029

Nikonparrothead wrote:

Ah I see. Though you won't get that full beauty dish effect with the Elinchrom Dish unlless you figure out a way to mount the deflector (my first light was a Calumet Genesis 300B, I bought a Elinchrom 17-inch dish and was hearbroken when I learned that I couldn't use the deflector it fits into the Elinchrom umbrella mount).

yeah, im gonna have to do some kind of permanent mod to it. its not in the best shape anyway, so if i mess it up its not the end of the world.

For its soft beauty dish the OctaPlus2, Chimera has a bounce back disc (fabric) attached to four elastic strings/bands that are attached to velcro. They just velcro to fixed points in the dish and that's how its deflector goes in.

The inexpensive 12-inch beauty dishes do the same thing with springs.

The Chimera option may be the best way to go (also reversable if you ever sell the dish or buy an Elinchrom head.
--

lilmain98 New Member • Posts: 1

Did you receive this bracket?  If yes, how is it working out for you?  I am thinking about ordering from this company and but then I seen your post so I thought I would ask.

lilmain98's gear list:lilmain98's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III
mattpeyton Regular Member • Posts: 491

I have also ordered this... please let us know if it worked out?

-- hide signature --

Matthew Peyton Photography
http://www.peyton.com
Phone (212) 452-3267
Fax (212) 452-3268
Cel (917) 693-6998
Emergency Email: matt@peyton.com
IM: mattpeyton

Matthew, I never got around to ordering one of those (always was a low priority). I did buy one of these off of eBay (from China).

http://flashhavoc.com/godox-s-ec-speedlite-bracket-for-elinchrom/

I wouldn't hang a deep octa off of either of them but for most modifiers either should be fine.

-- hide signature --

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads