New Fuji X-E1 Pics

Started Aug 24, 2012 | Discussions
eliehbk Senior Member • Posts: 1,007
Re: New Fuji X-E1 Pics

How much do you think it's going to be priced at?

eliehbk's gear list:eliehbk's gear list
Fujifilm X-M1 Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R
Clint Dunn Senior Member • Posts: 1,414
Re: I'd love to see the size comparison

ohmydentist wrote:

X-E1 looks somewhat shorter than X-pro, and I hope it's narrower and thinner too. I wished X-pro was little smaller.

-- hide signature --

^ ^

Just Shoot !

That's what she said!!

Clint Dunn's gear list:Clint Dunn's gear list
Sony RX100 III Leica M Typ 240 Leica SL (Typ 601) Carl Zeiss C Sonnar T* 1,5/50 ZM Voigtlander 15mm F4.5 Super Wide Heliar +3 more
Weistling Regular Member • Posts: 165
Re: Don't expect an X-Pro2 anytime soon

I agree. The OVF is the reason I bought the XP1. Take that away and you just might as well look elsewhere. If you are not a fan of the OVF your style of shooting just is different. But unlike a EVF, an OVF gives you a completely different perspective on composing multilayered stories going on in the foreground and background in street photography. I find it heightens my awareness considerably to see what's going on the the whole shot. Is that necessary? Not for most but it is one of the true benefits of shooting a rangefinder style camera. If you doubt me, take it on the streets with it in manual focus mode, set it at f16, and focus from 3 ft. to infinity and just compose and shoot. The experience is far less satisfying with a EVF with this technique. I am really hoping Fuji doesn't pull a Sony on us and take away OVF's completely.
--
http://mweistling.aminus3.com/

miniTO Regular Member • Posts: 239

This is probably going to be an X-Pro 1 without the OVF just don't expect it to be free (sub $1000) and I wouldn't hold my breath for the X-Pro 2 anytime soon... The rumor sites have obviously gotten that one completely wrong.

The OVF is a huge deal for a lot of people if it wasn't for the OVF I would still be shooting my 5D only...

nawknai Senior Member • Posts: 1,043
Re: Don't expect an X-Pro2 anytime soon

Weistling wrote:

.....unlike a EVF, an OVF gives you a completely different perspective on composing multilayered stories going on in the foreground and background in street photography. I find it heightens my awareness considerably to see what's going on the the whole shot. Is that necessary? Not for most but it is one of the true benefits of shooting a rangefinder style camera.

Yep, me too.

The ability to see objects outside the framelines is fantastic, and I feel like the WYSIWYG approach, or TTL approach used in DSLRs is a bit like having tunnel vision.

nawknai's gear list:nawknai's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X-Pro1 +1 more
Phil Levy Contributing Member • Posts: 634
Optical viewfinder

I don't know how others feel, but even though the optical viewfinder is arguably no longer needed, the lack of window spoils the retro aesthetics for me. Maybe it will look better in the flesh.
--
http://www.phillevy.co.uk

Phil Levy's gear list:Phil Levy's gear list
Fujifilm X100T Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-Pro2 Samyang 8mm F2.8 UMC Fisheye Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR +12 more
dellaaa
dellaaa Contributing Member • Posts: 812
Re: Optical viewfinder, agreed

Agreed, although they still have dials and leather, without the viewfinder window it is just a black square box.

At least you have dials and leather, my NEX7 looks like an engineering prototype.

dellaaa's gear list:dellaaa's gear list
Canon PowerShot G10 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Nikon D800 Sony Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS +1 more
Rehabdoc Contributing Member • Posts: 919

Per photorumors, it's going to be sub $1000 AND have faster AF performance than Xpro 1. Very nice competition with the NEX 7, esp with the superior Fuji prime lens lineup.

http://photorumors.com/2012/08/27/fujifilm-x-e1-specifications/

Sub $1000 sounds sketchy to me. It should be priced closer to NEX 7 like $1300-ish if it has significantly Better AF than the XPro-1 if they wish to avoid suicidal price war and leave money on the table by charging way under what the market will support.

miniTO wrote:

This is probably going to be an X-Pro 1 without the OVF just don't expect it to be free (sub $1000) and I wouldn't hold my breath for the X-Pro 2 anytime soon... The rumor sites have obviously gotten that one completely wrong.

The OVF is a huge deal for a lot of people if it wasn't for the OVF I would still be shooting my 5D only...

hellocrowley Senior Member • Posts: 1,282

I prefer the looks of the X cameras, but the Nex7 is much better ergonomically. I can shoot it 1 handed comfortably.

dellaaa wrote:

Agreed, although they still have dials and leather, without the viewfinder window it is just a black square box.

At least you have dials and leather, my NEX7 looks like an engineering prototype.

naturalefineartcom Forum Member • Posts: 66

eliehbk wrote:

How much do you think it's going to be priced at?

I bet it will be priced @ $999 just to compete with the Oly E-M5

and for sure is going to have the same or better technology than the X-Pro 1, except for the EVF.

Stephenbw
Stephenbw Senior Member • Posts: 2,515
 Stephenbw's gear list:Stephenbw's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Ricoh GR Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Samyang 8mm F2.8 UMC Fisheye +5 more
Hjiang196 New Member • Posts: 4

Compared with X-Pro1

Rehabdoc Contributing Member • Posts: 919

Looks kind of like if a NEX 7 mommy and an X Pro 1 daddy had a baby...

... And it took more after daddy.

They're the only 3 serious ILC cameras with an upper left hand corner VF, and the popup flash looks very much like the Sony's. The control layout is still pretty much the XPro-1. Tthe two-piece horizontal breakup of the body and the brick shape (as opposed to NEX 7 "sucking in its stomach" to produce a thinner point at the mount and creating a grip without adding depth to the camera) is more X-pro1. . The "hatless" form factor due to the Left corner EVF is just like the Sony.

I actually far prefer the new form factor compared to the x-pro1 and love the flash. I this had significantly improved AF and $1300 or cheaper price, And was available at the time, I might have chosen it over the NEX, because of the very hot prime lenses, and some of the other nice features of the Fuji.

danstern
danstern Regular Member • Posts: 249

OK NOW i am confused(which happens easy if you are me)- based on all the complaining- i thought there was no optical view finder and just an EVF. If thats the case whats this????? Isnt this OVF with the rubber eye piece an OVF???? Huh?

borgein Contributing Member • Posts: 604

LOL, sorry... That is just a glass window for the television (also called an EVF) inside the camera.

So that you can watch the TV through the glass window.

Neat huh?

danstern wrote:

OK NOW i am confused(which happens easy if you are me)- based on all the complaining- i thought there was no optical view finder and just an EVF. If thats the case whats this????? Isnt this OVF with the rubber eye piece an OVF???? Huh?

John Bean (UK) Forum Pro • Posts: 18,035

hellocrowley wrote:

I prefer the looks of the X cameras, but the Nex7 is much better ergonomically. I can shoot it 1 handed comfortably.

But why do you want to?

-- hide signature --

John Bean [BST (GMT+1)]

John Bean (UK)'s gear list:John Bean (UK)'s gear list
Sony FE 28-70mm F3.5-5.6 OSS
andyjayscott Regular Member • Posts: 132

danstern wrote:

Optical viewfinder needs a lens on the front too.

EVF takes its reading from the sensor so no window on the front needed.

Just drill a hole straight through the body - instant OVF.

NJHr Regular Member • Posts: 167

Has to be said that EVF bit physically looks just like the viewfinder on my X100. The rear controls are very Xpro like and therefore much nicer IMHO than those on the X100.

NJHr Regular Member • Posts: 167

What on earth is that bit just to the north west of the macro button?

danstern
danstern Regular Member • Posts: 249

NJHr wrote:

What on earth is that bit just to the north west of the macro button?

The optical view finder!! (::-----> ))

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads