What should be done with cheats ? part 3

Started Aug 22, 2012 | Discussions
RaptorUK Veteran Member • Posts: 3,266
What should be done with cheats ? part 3

I wasn't going to carry on with this thread . . . but sometimes events force ones hand . . .

Previous parts:
Part 1:
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1044&message=39872781

Part2:
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1044&message=40283528

-- hide signature --

Take a look at my album . . . http://www.F1Album.com

RaptorUK's gear list:RaptorUK's gear list
Nikon D3 Nikon D2X Nikon D1X Fujifilm FinePix S2 Pro Nikon AF-S Nikkor 200-400mm f/4G ED-IF VR +7 more
OP RaptorUK Veteran Member • Posts: 3,266
Rekha & Rekha Singh are CHEATs

Maybe I should say . . . Rekha & Rekha Singh is a CHEAT as it's pretty obvious it's one person.

So what has this person done wrong ? well entering 3 entries in a Challenge when only two are allowed is clearly against the rules . . . you can make your own mind up on the rest, check the voting on some of the entries too.

http://www.dpreview.com/challenges/Challenge.aspx?ID=7178

http://www.dpreview.com/members/9264480888/challenges

http://www.dpreview.com/members/9320845738/challenges

and also a Capture Date CHEAT . . .

http://www.dpreview.com/challenges/Entry.aspx?ID=651385

Captured: Jun 16, 2012 not 6th August, 2012

-- hide signature --

Nikon D3 Nikon D2X Nikon D1X Fujifilm FinePix S2 Pro Nikon AF-S Nikkor 200-400mm f/4G ED-IF VR +7 more
tarakanchik Senior Member • Posts: 1,060
Re: Rekha & Rekha Singh are CHEATs

Damn, you must work for Scottland Yard...

barb_s
barb_s Contributing Member • Posts: 920

I'm pretty sure it's also the reason for 5 star voting from one ID for photo's submitted by the other ID. I've got that right now for this person's entry in a a challenge I am hosting. Another useful way to use multiple id's when you only have one photo entered.

-- hide signature --

Barb

barb_s's gear list:barb_s's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS3 Sony RX100 III Leica Q Canon EOS 70D

tarakanchik wrote:

Damn, you must work for Scottland Yard...

I had a tip off

-- hide signature --

Rekha Singh New Member • Posts: 2

hi, good work i must say.. well there is a reason why i have 2 accounts. couples of days back the primary account showed me an error saying the limit has exceeded as i could not enter more entries . u can have log check if the admin of dpreview for the same.. then i created anothr account and from then i use both my accounts for enteritis the challenges .. is that cheating for entering from 2 accounts for different challenges ????

Rekha Singh New Member • Posts: 2

hi, good work i must say.. well there is a reason why i have 2 accounts. couples of days back the primary account showed me an error saying the limit has exceeded as i could not enter more entries . u can have log check if the admin of dpreview for the same.. then i created anothr account and from then i use both my accounts for enteritis the challenges .. is that cheating for entering from 2 accounts for different challenges ????

Rekha New Member • Posts: 5
Re: What should be done with cheats ? part 3

if i had the intention to cheat i would have the account wit diffent names why would i keep my correct name ?? do thnk bout it n i give my watermark in my pics i would have not done it if i had a wrong intention
--
Rekha

dpas11 Forum Member • Posts: 73

It is a shame that cheating is going on and may be becoming rampant. People have no conscience and pride in themselves anymore, is this what we have finally come to, for just getting a winning place. Shame to those who are cheating, have some self-respect and honor.

Surprised that this thread about cheats has been going on for more than two years and DPR has not been able to come up with any solutions. People have dual or may be multiple accounts to enter and circumvent the rules. In other words it is too easy for one to open accounts and enter as many times they want.

I personally think there should be an entrance fee or membership fee for entering the challenges so that one would think before entering any challenge and may also improve the quality of entries as it has been already mentioned the quality of entries have deteriorated. This will also discourage having multiple accounts as one will have to pay for the entries.

I belong to a local camera club which has a yearly membership and with that one is privileged to enter and participate in the competitions. Similarly I think being a member of the DPR community it should be a privilege and not a right to enter the challenges as too many are abusing the membership privileges. Also I think only the paid membership should be allowed to vote. This may eliminate lot of sandbagging also.
For RaptorUK kudos to you for being persistent in following the cheats.

Is that the best you could come up with ?

Just be adult about it, admit your CHEATing and go away.

Perhaps you can explain why you entered 3 entries to a Challenge that only allows 2 per member ? perhaps you can explain why one of your IDs voted 5 stars for one of your other IDs Entries ?

Rekha Singh wrote:

-- hide signature --

RuthC
RuthC Contributing Member • Posts: 614

No, Rekha/Rekha Singh, you created one account on Sep. 28, 2011, and the second one on June 21, 2012. Not just a couple of days ago.

The reason why DPR allows us to have just one account is to give more folks the opportunity to participate in the challenges, NOT to give YOU the chance of entering extra shots, nor to manipulate the votes in your favour.

Scott Everett
Scott Everett dpreview Admin • Posts: 1,165

Hi Rekha,

We've removed the extra account, you can use this one only moving forward.

-Scott

Scott Everett's gear list:Scott Everett's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Olympus E-1 +2 more

Thanks
--
Rekha

Why ?

Cheats should be Banned not let off the hook.

Scott Everett wrote:

Hi Rekha,

-Scott

-- hide signature --

Fine .. hang me for entering 3 entries for the challenge ..Dude stop being jobless n get back to ur work if u have any

Why ?
Scott Everett wrote:
Hi Rekha,
-Scott

(unknown member) Veteran Member • Posts: 3,214

LOL

Rekha wrote:

Fine .. hang me for entering 3 entries for the challenge ..Dude stop being jobless n get back to ur work if u have any

Why ?
Scott Everett wrote:
Hi Rekha,
-Scott

Slynky Senior Member • Posts: 2,434
Re: Cheating is OK...

It's part of the prevailing thought, it seems, in this present day. Cheating has become acceptable (and even expected). Of course, along with the decay in the morals of today, people even feel they have a right to be incensed when caught cheating. They protest--like the speeder on the highway who was pulled over from a crowd of speeding cars--when they have been singled out for punishment proudly relying on the defense of "everyone else is doing it, why are you picking on me?"

I might generalize and say this thought of, "mine, if I can acquire it in any way", seems to coincide directly with a person's age--the younger they are the more likely they are to be devoid of what I would expect for a set of morals. Hence the term that's been tossed around these days, "freenager"--a new generation of people who think anything on the internet is free for their use if they can find a way to appropriate it. Kind of like the theory that it's quite OK to cheat to obtain a prize.

And just as a college thinks twice about failing a paying "customer" out of its system, DPR, I imagine, hesitates to ban a person who might add to their hit count.

RaptorUK wrote:
Why ?

Scott Everett wrote:

Hi Rekha,

-Scott

-- hide signature --

A veteran is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to their country for an amount of "up to and including my life".

(...from the generation that still uses capital letters and punctuation...)

Slynky's gear list:Slynky's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Sony E 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 OSS Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS +3 more
RuthC
RuthC Contributing Member • Posts: 614

I agree with you wholeheartedly, Slynky, and for this reason, Rekha/Rekha Singh is not welcome back into any of my future challenges.

What a pity he, and others like him, spoil the enjoyment of this stimulating website for the good honest folk who I know are out there.

(unknown member) Senior Member • Posts: 2,216

I'm sure it's been like this since humans lived in caves: the older generation complains about how dreadful the youngsters are, conveniently forgetting the truth of their own teenage years; the younger generation confidently believes that they invented sex, never stopping to wonder for a moment how they came to be here...

Joe

Slynky wrote:

It's part of the prevailing thought, it seems, in this present day. Cheating has become acceptable (and even expected). Of course, along with the decay in the morals of today, people even feel they have a right to be incensed when caught cheating. They protest--like the speeder on the highway who was pulled over from a crowd of speeding cars--when they have been singled out for punishment proudly relying on the defense of "everyone else is doing it, why are you picking on me?"

I might generalize and say this thought of, "mine, if I can acquire it in any way", seems to coincide directly with a person's age--the younger they are the more likely they are to be devoid of what I would expect for a set of morals. Hence the term that's been tossed around these days, "freenager"--a new generation of people who think anything on the internet is free for their use if they can find a way to appropriate it. Kind of like the theory that it's quite OK to cheat to obtain a prize.

And just as a college thinks twice about failing a paying "customer" out of its system, DPR, I imagine, hesitates to ban a person who might add to their hit count.

[snip]
(...from the generation that still uses capital letters and punctuation...)

(unknown member) Veteran Member • Posts: 3,214

A lot of old people cheat too. Read the British paper and you will see so many old people fleecing the system.

Slynky wrote:

RaptorUK wrote:
Why ?

Scott Everett wrote:

Hi Rekha,

-Scott

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads