Surely this cannot be true?

Started Aug 15, 2012 | Discussions
Oscarroos Senior Member • Posts: 2,914
Re: Surely this cannot be true?

Vast majority of HIS postings are relatively harmless and often down right amusing.....but this really is defamatory and way over any imaginary moral line.

He really needs to be called on this.

Furthermore, how anyone could believe this caca is beyond comprehension.
--

http://www.flickr.com/photos/22388579@N08/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/67660656@N03/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/67660656@N03/sets/72157627576100801/

Oscarroos's gear list:Oscarroos's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 5700 Canon PowerShot S95 Nikon D200 Nikon D700 Nikon D800 +13 more
aut0maticdan
aut0maticdan Senior Member • Posts: 1,217
but to get the A++ rated cameras...

you have to use his adorama links.

aut0maticdan's gear list:aut0maticdan's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Nikon Df Sony Alpha a7S II Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED +11 more
aut0maticdan
aut0maticdan Senior Member • Posts: 1,217

do you also think everything Glen Beck said (says?--does he still do stuff?) should be investigated?

I'm just giving you a hard time.

aut0maticdan's gear list:aut0maticdan's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Nikon Df Sony Alpha a7S II Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED +11 more
Oscarroos Senior Member • Posts: 2,914

But nobody with an IQ above moron would believe beck - would they?

aut0maticdan wrote:

do you also think everything Glen Beck said (says?--does he still do stuff?) should be investigated?

I'm just giving you a hard time.

Oscarroos's gear list:Oscarroos's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 5700 Canon PowerShot S95 Nikon D200 Nikon D700 Nikon D800 +13 more
Clark Hampton
Clark Hampton Senior Member • Posts: 2,856

He gets revenue from Adorama for click throughs from his site. Gee, what a coincidence.

I wonder how Nikon feels about him saying they send their "junk" to small dealers?

I think Nikon sends out cameras in order made. simple.

Clark Hampton's gear list:Clark Hampton's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon D200 Nikon D100 Nikon AF Nikkor 135mm f/2D DC Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-85mm F3.5-4.5G ED VR +4 more
michaeladawson Forum Pro • Posts: 11,028
Did you misquote?

Either Ken has changed his post or you have taken some liberties in changing the wording off what Ken wrote.

The gist of what Ken wrote has not changed. It is still quite shameful. But if you didn't quote him exactly then please don't use quotation marks. His idiotic statements will fall on their own. Ken uses words such as "probably" and "tended to", not the absolutes in your post,plus there are other changes.
--
Mike Dawson

michaeladawson's gear list:michaeladawson's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Nikon D800E Nikon D4 Nikon D200 Nikon D800 +23 more
OP DennisV New Member • Posts: 7
Re: Did you misquote?

There was no misquote. He has now amended his article.

What I put in inverted commas was cut and pasted exactly as it appeared over several hours yesterday.

I also kept a page capture which I will happily provide to Nikon or Canon on request.

drifter605 Regular Member • Posts: 130

I think you should send it to them asap!!

DennisV wrote:

What I put in inverted commas was cut and pasted exactly as it appeared over several hours yesterday.

I also kept a page capture which I will happily provide to Nikon or Canon on request.

caspianm Senior Member • Posts: 2,295

DennisV wrote:

Please post the page capture.

caspianm's gear list:caspianm's gear list
Nikon D800E Canon PowerShot G1 X Sony Alpha a7 Sony Alpha NEX-3N Nikon AF Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8D +14 more

Ignore date / exif as this is a cropped copy of yesterdays KR page converted to .jpg today. Original shows correct date / time.

Ed_C Veteran Member • Posts: 3,804

Oscarroos wrote:

But nobody with an IQ above moron would believe beck - would they?

I believe that was aut0maticdan's point Larry Literal.

Anthony123 Regular Member • Posts: 101

A clear case of libel he must have flipped his lid to post that.

Anthony123's gear list:Anthony123's gear list
Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-20E II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/4G ED VR +4 more
d3xmeister Senior Member • Posts: 2,660

I find it funny when people hate Ken Rockwell for making money from his blog, from clicks and being biased to get as much as possible. I find this funny because I don't know any photo tech website that does not do this. Do you know one ?

As I said in a post above marketing puff is all around us and I don't have a problem with him making money from his site, it's his income, and very good luck to him.

But I do think he should be challenged if he has posted unsubstantiated claims that may potentially affect purchasers selection of source and thus harm the income of hard pressed local retailers?

Should we be more respectful of his income than he is of the income of local dealers?

orchidblooms
orchidblooms Senior Member • Posts: 1,261

this 'guy' is clearly a blatherskite, i do nut understand why folks support him

stop the postings!

Well, I know what you mean, but since he has now largely re-written and re-qualified his article perhaps this thread has had some positive effect and served a useful purpose?

Meganrogers Regular Member • Posts: 250

DennisV wrote:

Well, I know what you mean, but since he has now largely re-written and re-qualified his article perhaps this thread has had some positive effect and served a useful purpose?

Please forward the original screen capture to Nikon and Canon . We may see a more positive effect.

jcb9001 Forum Member • Posts: 99

I used to read Rockwell, albeit with a grain of salt. But the dude has gone completely nuts in the last few months. I mean even more than he used to be. First it was his unreasoned and just plain incorrect comments about the "benefits" of using film. That was all just to get ad kickbacks from that lab he uses. Now this nonsense about local retailers. It's now painfully obvious that his sole purpose for having a web site at all is only to direct traffic to adorama and B+H, and amazon.

As if that's not bad enough: I went to his site to see the article first hand. It has indeed changed, although not in spirit. Imagine my shock when I clicked the back button on my browser to get back to DPReview, and instead I stayed on Rockwell's page. I looked at the back button history, and sure enough it is stacked a mile high with ad.doubleclick.net. Every time you click on back, he gets another hit, and it's actually impossible to get back to where you were.

Sorry Ken, but I'm done with you. You'll never get another page view from me again. I strongly urge others to do the same.

jjnik Senior Member • Posts: 1,319

jcb9001 wrote:

I used to read Rockwell, albeit with a grain of salt. But the dude has gone completely nuts in the last few months. I mean even more than he used to be. First it was his unreasoned and just plain incorrect comments about the "benefits" of using film. That was all just to get ad kickbacks from that lab he uses. Now this nonsense about local retailers. It's now painfully obvious that his sole purpose for having a web site at all is only to direct traffic to adorama and B+H, and amazon.

As if that's not bad enough: I went to his site to see the article first hand. It has indeed changed, although not in spirit. Imagine my shock when I clicked the back button on my browser to get back to DPReview, and instead I stayed on Rockwell's page. I looked at the back button history, and sure enough it is stacked a mile high with ad.doubleclick.net. Every time you click on back, he gets another hit, and it's actually impossible to get back to where you were.

Sorry Ken, but I'm done with you. You'll never get another page view from me again. I strongly urge others to do the same.

Agree - I went a atep further and called Nikoin Public Relation to make them aware of his libelous statement. As other's have said, driving site traffic by posting goofy opinions is one thing - this crossed the line into libel/slander against the big camera companies and local dealers. I hope they do something to this tool about this!

Scott Oberle Regular Member • Posts: 255

Is it possible that we have found an issue that we actually agree on? He is such a moron...
--
Scott Oberle

Scott Oberle's gear list:Scott Oberle's gear list
Nikon D810
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads