E:62:10 Error code on RX100

Started Aug 13, 2012 | Discussions
shlam Regular Member • Posts: 248
E:62:10 Error code on RX100

After about couple weeks of use, my RX100 developed a permanent E:62:10 message flashing in the middle of the display. The camera would still take photos, but the error code is annoying and slows down the display response.

The RX100 has been handled carefully and stored in a case, so don't know what caused it. Resetting the camera and removing battery did not cure the problem. Has anyone seen this problem?

Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
OP shlam Regular Member • Posts: 248
Re: E:62:10 Error code on RX100

After searching on the Internet, found out this error code had been seen in previous Sony CyberShot cameras. Seems to be something related to stabilization circuit.

The reported fix was to remove battery and card, and gently slap the sides of the camera. This fixes the problem on the RX100 for me. Photos seem fine. Will report if I see any further problems. Kinda wished I had purchased the extended warranty...

Dan1964 Regular Member • Posts: 216

shlam wrote:

After searching on the Internet, found out this error code had been seen in previous Sony CyberShot cameras. Seems to be something related to stabilization circuit.

The reported fix was to remove battery and card, and gently slap the sides of the camera. This fixes the problem on the RX100 for me. Photos seem fine. Will report if I see any further problems. Kinda wished I had purchased the extended warranty...

I read that too..that can't be good

(unknown member) Forum Pro • Posts: 23,648
its a something many other models had

several T models and others had this problem. Problem is failed/failing FPC connection sometimes this worked as solution, take the camera in one hand and bang a few times in your other hand of course do it with sense, this might fix it, if not repair center is the only option.

hope this works.
--
All my Post Processing is done with Capture NX2

http://www.flickr.com/photos/marti58/

Imsbacher New Member • Posts: 1
Re: its a something many other models had

I have an RX100 III and got the E:62:10 error message as well. Although I have dropped my camera, the message didn't show up for nearly two months. Therefore, I conclude the drop and error message are unrelated. The error message went away when I removed my SD card. It came back in two days. None of your suggested cures worked. I removed the card and battery and performed so slight "brogan" maintenance to no avail. I raised the EVF and then closed it. This did the trick. Steady Shot is On and Active. If the error code returns, I will turn both Off and hope.

Imsbacher's gear list:Imsbacher's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX60 HS Nikon Coolpix P900 Canon PowerShot SX710
Carole M
Carole M Regular Member • Posts: 135

Also on my HX-300 I've had this message for at least two months  --- none of the previous fixes have changed unfortunately.  All seems to work aok though, so I guess that's the good thing.  Just hoping it's not indicating anything sinister for the near future....

balan New Member • Posts: 1

My Sony WX200 had begun to show this error message recently. After a series of unproductive  banging and slapping and punching, I sensed that the problem could be with the memory card, because the previous images were not being replayed and the access to the images were a tad slow. I took out the memory card (Sony 4GB cl.4), formatted it through my PC and hey, presto! Everything is hunky dory!! The P&S is OK!!!

Dodge_Rock Senior Member • Posts: 1,753
Re: E:62:10 Error code on RX100. HX400 Has Same Error Code

Received this error for the 1st time today on HX400.  When powering on, EVF/LCD is dark for a few seconds, then the error code appears and flashes on both.  As mentioned earlier, you can press the shutter button and take a picture, but the image moves around and appears to jump or shake slightly.

Definitely not good...   

Stephen McDonald
Stephen McDonald Forum Pro • Posts: 13,498

shlam wrote:

That's the equivalent of the old Westinghouse kick. Some things never change.

-- hide signature --
Aisse Gaertner
Aisse Gaertner Contributing Member • Posts: 871

Dodge_Rock wrote:

Received this error for the 1st time today on HX400. When powering on, EVF/LCD is dark for a few seconds, then the error code appears and flashes on both. As mentioned earlier, you can press the shutter button and take a picture, but the image moves around and appears to jump or shake slightly.

Definitely not good...

Happen today with my HX400.  So sad...

Aisse Gaertner's gear list:Aisse Gaertner's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P900 Canon EOS 6D Irix 15mm F2.4 Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM +1 more
Dodge_Rock Senior Member • Posts: 1,753

Aisse Gaertner wrote:

Dodge_Rock wrote:

Received this error for the 1st time today on HX400. When powering on, EVF/LCD is dark for a few seconds, then the error code appears and flashes on both. As mentioned earlier, you can press the shutter button and take a picture, but the image moves around and appears to jump or shake slightly.

Definitely not good...

Happen today with my HX400. So sad...

So sad indeed.  Bummer - hope yours is under warranty.  In the U.S., Sony directed me to Precision Camera for repair, but then called because parts are no longer available.  Sony sent a free replacement(under year old).

This is the 1st HX series camera that has broken and funny thing is I've 'babied' this camera much more than the others.

Go figure.

Stephen McDonald
Stephen McDonald Forum Pro • Posts: 13,498

Dodge_Rock wrote:

This is the 1st HX series camera that has broken and funny thing is I've 'babied' this camera much more than the others.

Go figure.

This one was Made in China. Mine sometimes falls into a bad mood and won't do anything unless I turn it off and back on.

-- hide signature --
sknippen Regular Member • Posts: 103

Had the same issue with my RX100II  Glad my camera was under guarantee because it needed to be repaired...

sknippen's gear list:sknippen's gear list
Sony RX100 II Sony SLT-A57 Sony a77 II Sony Alpha a7 II Sony DT 16-50mm F2.8 SSM +6 more
Tinker1947 New Member • Posts: 1
Re: E:62:10 Error code on a sony HX300

No text.

GP Camera Guy New Member • Posts: 1
Re: E:62:10 Error code on a sony HX300

I have a Sony RX100ii and have had the constant E:62:10 error flashing. I tried all the recommended fixes, none worked.  What finally did the trick was formatting my SDXC Memory Card in the computer (format type exFAT).  Slapped the card back in the camera and it asked to create a file database, then everything worked great. I had previously tried reformatting from the camera to no avail.  You have to do it from the computer.

plutopup
plutopup Junior Member • Posts: 40

Got the E62:10 error message today on my HX400v for the first time. Camera was bought through DWI in June, 2014. Spoke to the Sony call centre on the phone and and after trying some troubleshooting they are going to repair the camera. Just now need to wait for the local Sony service agent to contact me to advise to where I need to take the camera for repair. Pretty happy with the service.

QQsubs Regular Member • Posts: 191

Don't mean to threadjack.. but I have a similar issue with the RX100 ii but the flashing error message is E:95:01.  Already searched the forum and google for a solution and followed all the recommendations posted (remove SD card, battery, etc; new SD card, factory reset) to no avail.   Any other suggestions are welcome.  If someone had this issue and went through Sony repair would like to hear Sony's explanation on what needed to be fixed.  All functionality otherwise is intact.

Thanks!

QQsubs's gear list:QQsubs's gear list
Sony RX100 II Sony Alpha NEX-F3 Sony a6000 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS +8 more
Cosmo1 Regular Member • Posts: 142

Here's a link to the Sony site that discusses this Error Code:

https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/31092/c/65,66/p/40096,40097,70000,70003/

plutopup

UPDATE: Having been led to believe my HX400v would be repaired due to the E:62:10 problem which started last week and which I bought from DWI in June, 2014 I have now been advised by DWI it is out of warranty and Sony in Australia want me to pay for the repair - trying to find out what the cost of the repair will be.

Totally disgusted with this as I told Sony given that this is a problem that has been ongoing since at least 2007 in a range of Sony cameras and video cameras. I feel that this fault is one that should be addressed by Sony given how old it is the fact it has affected a number of Cybershot cameras including the HX400v and the HX300v - do a Google search and you can see for yourself how many people have been affected, and this is just those who have registered a problem remembering that many people probably didn't bother.

I believe this is an issue that Sony should be addressing and being proactive over fixing as they indeed did do  a number of years ago when their DSC F717 developed a problem and a worldwide notice was sent to owners telling them to take the camera to the local, nominated Sony service centre. I know because I got the notice and had my camera repaired accordingly.

Given that this problem has been going for a number of years it would be fair to believe that this will not happen again in future models of the Cybershot, and who knows, even in their new A7 range of cameras.

I am now looking at taking further action regarding this matter and I am building a list of reported problems including the date the problem occurred and the model camera/video camera that was affected. If you wish to have your camera and date added to the list, please add your details including country/city.

Thank you.

plutopup

plutopup wrote:

UPDATE: Having been led to believe my HX400v would be repaired due to the E:62:10 problem which started last week and which I bought from DWI in June, 2014 I have now been advised by DWI it is out of warranty and Sony in Australia want me to pay for the repair - trying to find out what the cost of the repair will be.

Totally disgusted with this as I told Sony given that this is a problem that has been ongoing since at least 2007 in a range of Sony cameras and video cameras. I feel that this fault is one that should be addressed by Sony given how old it is the fact it has affected a number of Cybershot cameras including the HX400v and the HX300v - do a Google search and you can see for yourself how many people have been affected, and this is just those who have registered a problem remembering that many people probably didn't bother.

I believe this is an issue that Sony should be addressing and being proactive over fixing as they indeed did do a number of years ago when their DSC F717 developed a problem and a worldwide notice was sent to owners telling them to take the camera to the local, nominated Sony service centre. I know because I got the notice and had my camera repaired accordingly.

Given that this problem has been going for a number of years it would be fair to believe that this will not happen again in future models of the Cybershot, and who knows, even in their new A7 range of cameras.

I am now looking at taking further action regarding this matter and I am building a list of reported problems including the date the problem occurred and the model camera/video camera that was affected. If you wish to have your camera and date added to the list, please add your details including country/city.

Thank you.

Further update - have now received my camera back having refused to pay $167.00+ just to get the camera assessed. Based on what I have found on the internet, the repair including parts and labour could go well over $200.00 which does not make sense for me to pay for a $500.00 camera which is only 15 months old.

If you have been affected with the E:62:10 error please consider adding your experience to the following thread which I recently created. There are numerous forums on the internet where people have listed this problem with their Cybershot camera or with a Sony video camera going back to 2007 and am now trying to centralize all these in one location here: http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/56593853

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads