Konica Minolta Lens on Sony Alphas

Started Aug 6, 2012 | Discussions
strach New Member • Posts: 11
Konica Minolta Lens on Sony Alphas

Dumb question I know, but will the kit lens I got with my KM 5D work fully with a new sony A37/57/65?

ie autofocus etc

I was completely certain it would but salesman in the camera shop I was speaking to was adamant it might attach but you wouldnt be able to control aperture or autofocus with it.

Thanks

Canon EOS 5D Pentax K-m (K2000) Sony SLT-A37
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
dt27348
dt27348 Senior Member • Posts: 2,553
Re: Konica Minolta Lens on Sony Alphas

My 18-70mm kit lens from my KM 5D worked perfectly on a a100 and a500 so I imagine it would work on the models you mention.

dt27348's gear list:dt27348's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-L10 Sony SLT-A65 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Panasonic Leica D Vario-Elmar 14-50mm F3.8-5.6 Mega OIS +2 more
matts1809 Regular Member • Posts: 476

strach wrote:

Dumb question I know, but will the kit lens I got with my KM 5D work fully with a new sony A37/57/65?

I have a Sony A55 and I have not found a minota AF (alpha) mount lens that will not work perfectly. I have had some 20 minolta lenses in the last 14 months on the A55. Some of the large apature prime lenses may miss focus slightly but they are still a good perfomer. I am going to add a few photos from the 2 off D range (latest) minolta lenses because I can, but I can show you photos taken with my Sony A55 taken with the first series minolta AF lenses (1985-1990) that work perfectly with my A55.

ie autofocus etc

I was completely certain it would but salesman in the camera shop I was speaking to was adamant it might attach but you wouldnt be able to control aperture or autofocus with it.

They will tell you anything ie- DONT LET THE TRUTH GET IN THE WAY OF A GOOD STORY.

70-300 D
1/4000 sec 7 photos per second. If it can do this then it can do anything.

I tried to upload a photo taken with my 28-80D but Dpreview wont let me at this moment.

Renato1 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,327

I think the salesman has gotten confused with the old Sigma lenses that don't work properly on SLTs.
Regards,
Renato

Eprocx New Member • Posts: 3

Do you happen to know if lenses from a Konica T4 would work on a Sony Alpas?
--
eprocx

Renato1 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,327

You might find an adapter somewhere on Ebay that will allow you to attach old Konica lenses to various DSLR, NEX and Micro 4/3s cameras, but the lenses will never work automatically.

If you hunt up an adapter, look for the ones that have "Focus Confirm" on them - so that when the image is in focus, it activates the focus confirmation symbol or light in your viewfinder.
Regards,
Renato

Documensony Senior Member • Posts: 1,171

Eprocx wrote:

Do you happen to know if lenses from a Konica T4 would work on a Sony Alpas?

Not on Alpha mount cameras.

They will work flawlessly, however, on a Nex mount camera if you invest in an adapter (they cost from $15 upwards depending on choice of brand).

-- hide signature --

Documensony
'Spontaneity is enabled by rigorous practice'

Jim Funston Senior Member • Posts: 1,698

To be honest..... the old KM lenses can have some issues when used on a a77. To avoid these issues it is suggested to turn off the electronic front shutter if the KM aperture blades move to slow to keep up with certain shutter speeds. I use my KM glass without issues on my a33 but my 17-35mm, 28-75mm, and 100-300 KM glass all has shown the banding on my a77 with elect front shutter on so I make my life easy and don't use them on the a77 at all.

This issue is documented in the a77 owners manual as well.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads