Nikon D600 in fotomagazin

Started Aug 4, 2012 | Discussions
zyl_oiliuff
zyl_oiliuff New Member • Posts: 3
Nikon D600 in fotomagazin

Just before photokina there are a lot of "secret" info and images of new products including D600 in the new issue of german magazine "fotomagazin". Here are pages about Nikon:

Similar pages about Sony (with 99 and lenses), Leica (M10) and so on...

Nikon D600
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
u007 Senior Member • Posts: 1,681
Re: Nikon D600 in fotomagazin

The Sony a99 sounds like a beast. 102 all cross-point AF system. Whoa.

Shame it will have the EVF. That's why I left Sony..

-- hide signature --

My travel photography blog - http://www.frescoglobe.com

IZO100 Contributing Member • Posts: 817
Re: Nikon D600 in fotomagazin

I was waiting for a D400 but I guess it will be a D600 instead

 IZO100's gear list:IZO100's gear list
Sony RX100 IV
Island Golfer
Island Golfer Veteran Member • Posts: 3,533
Re: Nikon D600 in fotomagazin

I don't know any German; but in the body of the magazine article, there is reference to the Nikon D400. I wish we knew what it says.
--
truview

 Island Golfer's gear list:Island Golfer's gear list
Sony RX100 Nikon D810 Sony a6300 Sigma 24-105mm F4 DG OS HSM Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-14E III +15 more
akay Regular Member • Posts: 101
Re: Nikon D600 in fotomagazin

It says:

A D400 could sport a significantly higher resolution (16 or 24MP) and a better video function.

everything else is just hypothetical stuff, no news or anything.

Island Golfer wrote:

I don't know any German; but in the body of the magazine article, there is reference to the Nikon D400. I wish we knew what it says.
--
truview

brokensocialscenester Regular Member • Posts: 410
Re: Nikon D600 in fotomagazin

Really looking forward to this coming out. If it impacts D700 prices enough, we might pick up a third.
--
chicago wedding photographer
http://www.mikeandfrida.com

inasir1971
inasir1971 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,708
Re: Nikon D600 in fotomagazin

Thanks for posting the article.

It looks more and more like a 'consumer' camera and you have the references to the 24-85 3.5-4.5 (I think the 5.6 is a misprint) which is definitely a consumer lens. It looks tiny! And 'scene' modes - if the earlier pictures are accurate which they seem to be?

My guess is that it's going to lack some key features (a small buffer, SD only, limited customization) which are going to render it well short of what people hoping for a D700 followup are looking for. You might get 6fps, or maybe even 7 but after maybe 10 shots it might slow down to around 1 shot every 1.3 s (approximate write time for 24MP lossless compressed NEF's with the fastest UHS-1 SD cards).

The devil's always in the details...

 inasir1971's gear list:inasir1971's gear list
Nikon D4 Nikon D850 Nikon Z6 Tamron 35-150mm F2.8-4
f bass Regular Member • Posts: 233
Re: Nikon D600 in fotomagazin

The devil in the details for me is will it have the round eyepiece of the D700,D800etc. or the square eyepiece of the entry level cameras and the D300. I've only used the round on all of my Nikons in the past,used a D300 for the first time last week and was surprised how much more smearing I was getting on my glasses from the rubber cup. It was enough to be a deal breaker for me if the D600 has the square instead of the round one. Jim

Davidm5
Davidm5 Forum Member • Posts: 84
Re: Nikon D600 in fotomagazin

Just get this Jim!

http://www.hoodmanusa.com/prodinfo.asp?number=H-EYEN22S

I had it on my old D90 when I lost the original Nikon one and it is a much tighter fit.

http://visionsbydavid.zenfolio.com/

f bass wrote:

The devil in the details for me is will it have the round eyepiece of the D700,D800etc. or the square eyepiece of the entry level cameras and the D300. I've only used the round on all of my Nikons in the past,used a D300 for the first time last week and was surprised how much more smearing I was getting on my glasses from the rubber cup. It was enough to be a deal breaker for me if the D600 has the square instead of the round one. Jim

 Davidm5's gear list:Davidm5's gear list
Sony RX100 IV Nikon D3S Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon D5 Nikon D850 +13 more
Josh152 Senior Member • Posts: 2,141
Re: Nikon D600 in fotomagazin

inasir1971 wrote:

Thanks for posting the article.

It looks more and more like a 'consumer' camera and you have the references to the 24-85 3.5-4.5 (I think the 5.6 is a misprint) which is definitely a consumer lens. It looks tiny! And 'scene' modes - if the earlier pictures are accurate which they seem to be?

My guess is that it's going to lack some key features (a small buffer, SD only, limited customization) which are going to render it well short of what people hoping for a D700 followup are looking for. You might get 6fps, or maybe even 7 but after maybe 10 shots it might slow down to around 1 shot every 1.3 s (approximate write time for 24MP lossless compressed NEF's with the fastest UHS-1 SD cards).

The devil's always in the details...

It's not supposed to be a D700 followup that was the D800. It is basically a full frame D7000. My guess is it will sell for around $1499 to $1799 for the body. Given that the pro bodied D700 is going for around $2300 and that the D7000 is $1099 I can't see it being much more than $1700-$1800 or much less than $1499-$1599

ThomasH_always Regular Member • Posts: 321
Re: Nikon D600 in fotomagazin

It says only the generic stuff which we all know from Nikon Rumors. My translation:

"Oldest on the market is the pro APS-C camera D300s from Aug. 2009, which is equipped with a 12Mpix sensor. A D400 should have much higher resolution (16 or 24 Mpix) and an improved video functionality. Thinkable is also that in professional segment Nikon will not make APS-C models any more and that the D600 would fill in the spot."

All this is a known speculation, and apparently they said nothing new.

Thomas

Red G8R
Red G8R Senior Member • Posts: 1,804
Re: Nikon D600 in fotomagazin

If the latest photo of the top lcd on Nikon Rumors is correct, the D600 will also use a 51 point AF and not the 39 point as originally reported.
--
Peter
Ontario, Canada

 Red G8R's gear list:Red G8R's gear list
SeaLife DC2000 Nikon D4 Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon D500 Fujifilm X-T2 +17 more
Josh152 Senior Member • Posts: 2,141
Re: Nikon D600 in fotomagazin

Red G8R wrote:

If the latest photo of the top lcd on Nikon Rumors is correct, the D600 will also use a 51 point AF and not the 39 point as originally reported.
--
Peter
Ontario, Canada

lol that is in image from the D800 Manual. It is the back screen in info mode. Just read the comments on the post. The person who originally posted the picture of it didn't even claim it was from a D600.

Octane Senior Member • Posts: 2,993
translation

I speak German and all it says is basically 'this is what it could be, and maybe this and that'. The article is entirely speculative. There is no information or news.

-- hide signature --

-------David-------

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads