Searching for Epson Pro 3880 empty cartridge chips

Started Jul 29, 2012 | Discussions
Apotheker Regular Member • Posts: 494
Searching for Epson Pro 3880 empty cartridge chips

This might be a strange request, but I am desparate seeking for the OEM chips of original Epson Pro 3880 chips, most notably for the following chips:

-Vivid Magenta (T580A)
-Vivid Light Magenta (T580B)

If you have just have or going to swap your empty cartridges for new one. Do not throw them away....I will pay for it. The reason Is I need those chips for my refill system and I am still short of those two essential chips.

Best regards,
--
Crazy about printing, profiling and refilling printer cartridges

Vernon D Rainwater Forum Pro • Posts: 13,661
Re: Searching for Epson Pro 3880 empty cartridge chips

Apotheker wrote:

This might be a strange request, but I am desparate seeking for the OEM chips of original Epson Pro 3880 chips, most notably for the following chips:

-Vivid Magenta (T580A)

If you have just have or going to swap your empty cartridges for new one. Do not throw them away....I will pay for it. The reason Is I need those chips for my refill system and I am still short of those two essential chips.

Best regards,
--

I noticed the Cone Color inks site has the chips for sale. However, (to me) the price per chip seemed to be rather expensive.
--
Vernon...

Vernon D Rainwater Forum Pro • Posts: 13,661
I notice I forgot to include the Link

Vernon D Rainwater wrote:

Apotheker wrote:

-Vivid Magenta (T580A)

Best regards,
--

I noticed the Cone Color inks site has the chips for sale. However, (to me) the price per chip seemed to be rather expensive.
--
Vernon...

The link:
http://shopping.netsuite.com/s.nl/c.362672/it.A/id.4660/.f
--
Vernon...

OP Apotheker Regular Member • Posts: 494

Those prices are completely crazy. $20 for an old chip !!! I rather buy a complete new cartridge instead.....

There must be members here who use original cartridges and are willing to cut off the chip of disposed empty cartridges and send it to me for a quite reasonable tip....
--

OP Apotheker Regular Member • Posts: 494
I know this source: NOT an option for me because price is completely crazy

I would rather pull out the ink of brand new cartridges and put it in my refill system.
--

stormyboy Contributing Member • Posts: 769

Haha...what if the chip owners think $20 is a reasonable tip?

irvweiner Contributing Member • Posts: 705

Apotheker:

I posted a response to your original request on the Inkjet Printer forum 12 days ago--did you not see it?

I purchased a set of 3880 chips from Cone ~15 mos ago @$5 each--last week I noted their full set of 9 for $95--2 days ago it went up to $180 for 9. Must be the upward spiraling of the gold on the pins!

irv weiner

Serhat Abaci Regular Member • Posts: 269

I am looking for a full set of Chips too I live in germany any advice?

Serhat Abaci's gear list:Serhat Abaci's gear list
Canon EOS M Canon EOS Rebel SL1 Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM Canon EF-M 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM +3 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads