ls the used price of 35mm f2 lenses dropping with the new 40mm f2.8 coming onto the market? Hong traders are selling the 40mm for about £140 thats cheaper than the used prices on ebay for a 35mm f2. Its also much cheaper than a new one.
Peter Galbavy wrote:
An f/2 lens is a little different from an f/2.8 - even ignoring the focal length difference.
There are other differences too, but the point is that both compete for the same buyers, to some extent.
l never shoot wider than 2.8 with my 35 f2, so no difference for me. The price is what interests me, a new 40 STM is cheaper than a used 35 f2. Looks a good lens, people will go for it. Will the price of a used 35 f2 come down as a result? l certainly think so.
they are selling at that price for a good reason
Plus we are a free port and have no sales tax
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%