#31 Weekly_*OLYMPUS FT 43 DSLR PHOTOS Only*

Started Jul 23, 2012 | Discussions
LouHolland
LouHolland Veteran Member • Posts: 9,005
#31 Weekly_*OLYMPUS FT 43 DSLR PHOTOS Only*

This weekly thread is a STAGE and TRIBUTE to all Olympus FourThird DSLR Cameras from the E-1 till the E-5 and all DSLR's inbetween. So this is our special "Olympus DSLR PHOTO Thread only" .

This thread will appear every monday late afternoon and is open for submissions and dicussions about photos and processing technics untill the next Monday.

ONLY FourThird DSLR Cameras , So, No..other Brands and No..Micro43 , please respect that.

-
Instructions: Photo's, any kind, any date, any processing etc.

1. Reply to this post and change the TITLE.

2. Please tell us about how you captured your image.

3. Show written exif if possible.

4. Please Share if possible and asked your processing technics or technical stuf.

5. ESSAYS : If you contribute an ESSAY please let the first word in your TITLE be the word Essay, followed by the subject line.

6. Please reply to at least one other contribution.

7. Enjoy all the wonderfull Olympus FT 43 DSLR Images in this thread

-

Thanks for joyning and your contributions this week.

Lou

LouHolland
OP LouHolland Veteran Member • Posts: 9,005
Related INFO

Related INFO

This tread is just and only for Olympus FourThird DSLR Camera's, from the E-1 till the E-5 and all inbetween. So, NO..other Brands and NO..Micro43, please respect that.

My position here:

I only will host this thread as long as there is interest in this Particular design for only 43 DSLR cameras or untill the moment that someone else will host it. That means
that I sometimes just be the executor of this thread only.

ANNOUNCEMENT: If You want to say someting to everyone else in this weekly thread, you can do that here in a reply to this post.

Thanks

Lou

LouHolland
OP LouHolland Veteran Member • Posts: 9,005
The blue hour

The blue hour at IJmuiden Harbour.

Notice the "eyes" in the centre cloud, remarkable isn't it and they are real and not photoshopped, Looks like "I'm the Devils polution".

Both are taken about a quarter past ten PM, at the blue hour.

1. E-3, 14-54mmII, F7.1, iso 1600, 1/50"

2. E-3, 14-54mmII, F7.1, iso 1600, 1/20"

Thanks for looking/commenting and I'm looking forward to your

photos this week.

Lou

sunisri
sunisri Senior Member • Posts: 1,444
Re: #31 Weekly_*OLYMPUS FT 43 DSLR PHOTOS Only*

Here we go with my E-1 + ZD 50mm F2.0 taken last weekend.

-- hide signature --

Sri

sunisri's gear list:sunisri's gear list
Olympus SH-50 Olympus E-1 Olympus E-330 Olympus E-30 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro +7 more
19andrew47
19andrew47 Forum Pro • Posts: 27,033
Re: The blue hour

Both shots very nice Lou, but I REALLY like the first one! A great photo!

petrbur Senior Member • Posts: 1,129
Another part of Lanzarote

Both pictures have been taken using E-410 with kit lens ZD14-42.

-- hide signature --

Petr
Zenfolio gallery at http://medsved.net

petrbur's gear list:petrbur's gear list
Olympus E-5 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus Zuiko Digital 14-54mm 1:2.8-3.5 II Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital 1.4x Teleconverter EC-14 +4 more

These photos are nice, I like especially the first one for its atractive lighning.

-- hide signature --

Petr

Olympus E-5 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus Zuiko Digital 14-54mm 1:2.8-3.5 II Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital 1.4x Teleconverter EC-14 +4 more
sunisri

Very nice pics Lou. #1 is really nice...:)

-- hide signature --

Sri

Olympus SH-50 Olympus E-1 Olympus E-330 Olympus E-30 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro +7 more
19andrew47
Re: Another part of Lanzarote

Like the first shot. Attractive sky and good composition. Is there a story to go with the pictures? The last hill in the first shot looks kind of symmetrical, so possibly man made? The 'material' in the second shot looks also like man made, ore sinterings or ... ? We had a lot of that type of material near Wawa when we lived there 40 years ago. They had an iron ore plant, some open pit mines, and a huge fume kill!

Nothing special

No, there is no special story behind those shots. I made them during my vacation on Canary Islands back in 2008.

The first picture shows a highway leading through Timanfaya nacional park, which is created only by vulcanoes. What you see on the picture looks simetrical, but it's a pure natural product - a volcano.

Here you can see a crater of one of them:

The second picture shows a small part of an eroded lava field from that volcanoes. Here is little bit larger area of lava field captured in this snapshot:

And here is the end of the field - the place where lava entered the Atlantic ocean:

All three pictures in this post were taken using E-410 and there was no special PP aplied to them. As I recall, they are just OOC JPGs...
--
Petr

19andrew47
Re: Nothing special

A volcano and a lave field is an interesting story! Enjoyed the additional shots! Thanks!

citizenlouie Contributing Member • Posts: 796
MINI ESSAY: A Couple Shots from Yosemite Trip

My philosophy usually is just presenting what I see to my audience. It's very similar to Ansel Adams's philosophy. I pre-visualize, put my camera on a tripod, and then I shoot with a setup that will guarantee the sharpest photo possible. I often bracket a dozen shots just to be safe for the most important ones. I post-processed a little bit more this time around than my usual minimalistic approach, partly due to my tight schedule, so I couldn't slowly churn out photos like I usually do. Since Yosemite is a beautiful raw gem any where you look at it, you can't take bad photos here. However, I had the luck of having cloud in California July..., a surprising treat.

1. Close Up of Half Dome from Tunnel View 3

After the mandatory Tunnel View in the style of Ansel Adams, I decided to get a less standard, but more Louie approach with a telephoto. Usually I shoot my grand landscape photos in landscape orientation to exhibit the expansiveness of the land, such as Yosemite, but experience taught me always make a variation with portrait orientation for the most important scenes. This was taken with that thought in mind.

The composition was made with Half Dome should be the main star in consideration, and the V-shape of the valley will contour it. El Capitan and Bridalveil Fall are conspicuously absent from the view. I must confess, the lighting was absolutely in favor of El Capitan given the direction of the sun. However, after some tweaking in Lightroom, this photo I was about to give up holds up pretty well, as it captures the awe-striking essence that makes Yosemite so worthy of repeated visits.

Cropped to 8x10. F/6.3 is the sharpest aperture for E-620/Zuiko 50-200mm SWD combination. Possibly used a polarizer filter. ISO 200. Tripod with mirror lock-up and remote shutter release. RAW developed with Olympus Viewer, and ported back to Lightroom for post-processing work. PPed to resemble Kodachrome (and is based on x=Kodachrome preset, which you can find over the Internet as free plug-in for Lightroom).

2. Half Dome from Washburn Point 2b

In this profile view, Half Dome is looking forward to Tenaya Canyon. The vantage point is Washburn Point, a mid way to Glacier Point. By the time I arrived here, the cloud thickened to a gloomy overcast, giving the diffused ambient light.

I rented Zuiko 14-35mm SWD for this important Yosemite trip, along with a Heliopan polarizer to fit in front of that lens. This shot was taken with that set up. The SHG lens is very capable at rendering everything in edge-to-edge sharpness. For a scene like this, it serves the job right. As an added bonus, anyone who is not a professional (or a perceived professional) will move out of the way when they see the impressively sized lens, giving you the vantage point you are eyeballing.

For the proper depth of field, I put the focus on the pine trees, if my memory is correct. Tripod job with mirror lock-up and remote shutter release. f/5 to maximize this lens's optimal sharpness range and desired depth of field. Converted to B&W. A color version was also made.

Hope you guys enjoy these photos. I don't think I can move to m4/3 just yet.... It's the lenses!

Louie

LouHolland wrote:

This weekly thread is a STAGE and TRIBUTE to all Olympus FourThird DSLR Cameras from the E-1 till the E-5 and all DSLR's inbetween. So this is our special "Olympus DSLR PHOTO Thread only" .

This thread will appear every monday late afternoon and is open for submissions and dicussions about photos and processing technics untill the next Monday.

ONLY FourThird DSLR Cameras , So, No..other Brands and No..Micro43 , please respect that.

-
Instructions: Photo's, any kind, any date, any processing etc.

1. Reply to this post and change the TITLE.

2. Please tell us about how you captured your image.

3. Show written exif if possible.

4. Please Share if possible and asked your processing technics or technical stuf.

5. ESSAYS : If you contribute an ESSAY please let the first word in your TITLE be the word Essay, followed by the subject line.

6. Please reply to at least one other contribution.

7. Enjoy all the wonderfull Olympus FT 43 DSLR Images in this thread

-

Thanks for joyning and your contributions this week.

Lou

citizenlouie's gear list:citizenlouie's gear list
Olympus E-620 Olympus E-5 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus E-M5 II Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro +10 more

I love the first one. Nice landscape with cloud, makes one happy.

Olympus E-620 Olympus E-5 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus E-M5 II Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro +10 more

I like them. I think I like the last one more for the DoF. It really brings the middle bud out.

Yes, I see the eyes after expanding the photo. Looks like a happy ghost. Nice blue hour shots. I think the silhouettes of all those metal cranes are my favorite parts. Sort of suggesting it's a very busy place.

Charles Baxter
Charles Baxter Contributing Member • Posts: 877
Gulf Fritillary

Gulf Fritillary on lantana. Handheld. Charles Baxter

Charles Baxter's gear list:Charles Baxter's gear list
Olympus E-30 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm 1:2.8-4.0 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital 14-54mm 1:2.8-3.5 Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro +5 more
Charlene_S Senior Member • Posts: 1,822
Storm Damage

This is one of the images I took during the wild monsoon storm we had a week ago. Look at the name of the church in the background. Kinda funny considering the weather at the time.

-- hide signature --

Charlene Ahrens
charahrens.smugmug.com

Charlene_S's gear list:Charlene_S's gear list
Olympus E-330 Olympus E-510 Olympus E-30 Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR +6 more
Charlene_S Senior Member • Posts: 1,822
Great butterfly images! nt
-- hide signature --

Charlene Ahrens
charahrens.smugmug.com

Charlene_S's gear list:Charlene_S's gear list
Olympus E-330 Olympus E-510 Olympus E-30 Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR +6 more

Nice photos. I like especially the first one
--
Petr

sunisri

Very nice pics ...

-- hide signature --

Sri

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads