Hi new here, got a coolpix P510 and thought I would share my early results, hope you.

Started Jul 15, 2012 | Discussions
gbarr Junior Member • Posts: 28
Hi new here, got a coolpix P510 and thought I would share my early results, hope you.
 gbarr's gear list:gbarr's gear list
Nikon D5200 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm F2.8G ED Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR Sigma 17-70mm F2.8-4 DC Macro OS HSM | C
Nikon Coolpix P510
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
BrianSaunders Regular Member • Posts: 196
Re: Hi new here, got a coolpix P510 and thought I would share my early results, hope

Very nice. I think there's a way to set up a slideshow when you import from the gallery. Takes a lot of time to open/close photo's. Tell us about your thoughts on the P510.

Brian

-- hide signature --

D700
D90
Nikon 1 V1
Coolpix P7100
Olympus E-PL2
Olympus C770UZ

Canon 20D
Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM

OP gbarr Junior Member • Posts: 28
Re: Hi new here, got a coolpix P510 and thought I would share my early results, hope

Thanks only way I can see to get that to work is to click on the P510 tab after my name and start it from there, can't see a way to edit my original post.

Nikon D5200 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm F2.8G ED Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR Sigma 17-70mm F2.8-4 DC Macro OS HSM | C

This is my first "proper" camera, got it after a trip to London and realized that the phone camera didn't quite cut it. Wanted something that I could experiment more with the manual settings even if not in full manual, but not going to be a really expensive paper weight if I don't use it as much as I hope I do now.

Camera is very easy to use and have not had many problems, think the autofocus gets a bit confused if it has timed out then comes back on, image stabilisation is very good even at full zoom handheld. I have no complaints, but that may be because I dont have any really high expectations.

Was £305, and got the accessories (case,memory card, battery and dual charger) on amazon with some vouchers left over from christmas, highly reccomend searching on the net for these things as i believe the local shops would have charged about £120 for things I found for £50.

At the moment think I may have a new hobby, love reading through different sites for interesting topics and thing that people shoot.

MarioV Veteran Member • Posts: 6,785

I think they are nice shots.

Generally, I leave my settings at P mode, Vivid colour and -0.3EV when in daylight.
Its a great versatile camera.

MarioV's gear list:MarioV's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P900 Canon G3 X Panasonic ZS100 Nikon D5200 Canon EOS M100 +1 more

Thanks Mario, I'm one of those people who likes to mess around with things and see what they can do, have had great fun with this camera, even just shooting the same thing with the different modes to see how it affects the outcome. Don't know if you have tried that it but believe that the better you know the equipment you are using the more you will get out of it.

MarioV Veteran Member • Posts: 6,785

gbarr wrote:

Thanks Mario, I'm one of those people who likes to mess around with things and see what they can do, have had great fun with this camera, even just shooting the same thing with the different modes to see how it affects the outcome. Don't know if you have tried that it but believe that the better you know the equipment you are using the more you will get out of it.

I'm glad you said that, as I completely agree. Experimentation is key.

I have experimented and, for me, I do like P mode, Vivid and -0.3EV for general shooting. Extra minus EV if required.

If some tweaking is required, I like FastStone which is a small and powerful program. Sometimes I like to use Neat Image if the noise level is noticeable.

Have fun and Keep posting.
Mario

MarioV's gear list:MarioV's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P900 Canon G3 X Panasonic ZS100 Nikon D5200 Canon EOS M100 +1 more
jethro44 Forum Member • Posts: 54

Nice set there gbarr...keep it up.

Prairie Pal Senior Member • Posts: 2,740

Very nice. I think there's a way to set up a slideshow when you import from the gallery. Takes a lot of time to open/close photo's. Tell us about your thoughts on the P510.>

If you click on each image along the rows it replaces the previous window, then when you click on the next row down the pop up window moves down so you can keep on clicking. (I just discovered that).

Prairie Pal's gear list:Prairie Pal's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Nikon D600 Nikon D7200 Olympus OM-D E-M10 II +10 more
rimshot Regular Member • Posts: 351

Nice shots..My kind of stuff! Where did you get the Meerkat? Those look like they might have been taken in Africa...I find the camera does search for focus, but that is to be expected with that much Zoom..It also eats batteries like candy. I bought two more L-ION + charger and just ordered two more..Call it overkill, but I hate to run out when I need it the most..It's a really fun, capable, camera..Enjoy, and keep experimenting..The book is yet to be written on what this camera can do..Jimmymac

rimshot's gear list:rimshot's gear list
Sony SLT-A57 +2 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads