X10 cold feet, but not penalized.

Started Jun 27, 2012 | Discussions
ddtan Contributing Member • Posts: 679
X10 cold feet, but not penalized.

I got cold feet after I sent my X10 in for the sensor to be changed. I was initially tempted by reports that some were getting all new exchanged cameras, but as soon as it left me, out came reports of botched repairs, and more importantly, different image characteristics. And since I was ambivalent about the orbs anyway, I called and asked the service center to send it back unchanged. It was a bit of a surprise to me that they were able to accommodate my request.

I am happy to say that my camera traveled across the country on an 8 day round trip to New Jersey, and returned safely today in the same condition that I shipped it.

ddtan's gear list:ddtan's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Fujifilm X-S1 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +5 more
Fujifilm X10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Conrad Birdie Veteran Member • Posts: 6,809
Re: X10 cold feet, but not penalized.

ddtan wrote:

I got cold feet after I sent my X10 in for the sensor to be changed. I was initially tempted by reports that some were getting all new exchanged cameras, but as soon as it left me, out came reports of botched repairs, and more importantly, different image characteristics. And since I was ambivalent about the orbs anyway, I called and asked the service center to send it back unchanged. It was a bit of a surprise to me that they were able to accommodate my request.

I am happy to say that my camera traveled across the country on an 8 day round trip to New Jersey, and returned safely today in the same condition that I shipped it.

I think the sad thing is that you had to do all that because you have lost confidence in Fuji's ability to repair the camera in the first place. I am sure Fuji leadership would not be very happy to hear of the non trust issues that are occurring now also.

Clearly Fuji is taking a huge hit in customer satisfaction over these issues, and that is sad.

-- hide signature --

Conrad Birdie

"The truest measurement of a man's heart is not what he does when he has wealth, but what he does when he doesn't".

Conrad Birdie's gear list:Conrad Birdie's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P510 Olympus E-510
Joe Blogs Junior Member • Posts: 45

Perhaps it is a ploy to discourage folks from opting for the new sensor. They just saved themselves over £100 when the OP asked for his back.

OP ddtan Contributing Member • Posts: 679

There is always a way to see something in a negative light. I, however, don't see it that way. In weighing the pros and cons, the decision to change the sensor, for me, was practically even. The fact that the sensor characteristics changed was inevitable, and considering that I was quite satisfied with the way it was, made the decision difficult. I was impressed that they could be responsive to my change of heart, and only posted the experience to share this possibility with those who are also wavering. You can change your mind.

ddtan's gear list:ddtan's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Fujifilm X-S1 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +5 more
happy snapper uk
happy snapper uk Contributing Member • Posts: 563

I sent mine back for sensor replacement and a repair to the sound card speaker that was not working..It came back 6 days later fixed.......Im in UK..Great service

happy snapper uk's gear list:happy snapper uk's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ5 Fujifilm X10 Olympus PEN E-PL1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 +3 more
infraRaven Contributing Member • Posts: 503

Why not change your mind? I'm still not sure what I will do if the new sensor for my X-S1 is available. Very rare orbs but great dynamic and colors. So I better wait and see what will be happening.

Tom Schum
Tom Schum Veteran Member • Posts: 6,392

Nothing wrong with keeping the camera unmodified.
I'm keeping my X10 as-is.
--
Tom Schum

Tom Schum's gear list:Tom Schum's gear list
Sigma DP2 Sigma DP3 Merrill Ricoh WG-4 GPS Fujifilm X30 Sigma dp0 Quattro +9 more
PhotOptimist Veteran Member • Posts: 3,249

I'll keep my X10 as it is...
A great camera!!!

LMNCT Veteran Member • Posts: 4,788

I rather enjoy an occasional orb. It is not my only camera, but I enjoy it for what it is.

LMNCT's gear list:LMNCT's gear list
Panasonic LX100 Sony RX100 V Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 +24 more
Thomc1 New Member • Posts: 16

I am also thinking about keeping as is. Will keep monitoring the situation.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads