Let's see your favorite pic you've taken in the last 2 weeks or so.

Started Jun 27, 2012 | Discussions
Shield3 Senior Member • Posts: 2,440
Let's see your favorite pic you've taken in the last 2 weeks or so.

Pick one, any one. Only 2 rules - no arguments about which camera is better, and absolutely NO shots of batteries!

Here's my about to turn 3 daughter Christine:

Shield3's gear list:Shield3's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 35mm F1.4L USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM Canon EF 135mm F2L USM Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM +2 more
moimoi
moimoi Veteran Member • Posts: 4,865
That would be this one...

moimoi's gear list:moimoi's gear list
Fujifilm X100T Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Fujifilm GFX 50R Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM +8 more
moimoi
Re: Let's see your favorite pic you've taken in the last 2 weeks or so.

Cute girl, and interesting posture!

Fujifilm X100T Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Fujifilm GFX 50R Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM +8 more
heliguy Regular Member • Posts: 410

This is a super crop so some noise. But for the 70-300G, I like it!

heliguy's gear list:heliguy's gear list
Sony RX100 III Sony a77 II
MaritF
MaritF Regular Member • Posts: 171

This might not be the best photo of the 2 last weeks, but it wast the most touching. On our regular beachtrip, we did run into a dead Dolphin baby, and my Luna laid down next to it, kind of protecting it. All the dogs did sniff ever so carefully on it, around it, over it...

Otherwise, anything dead we find on the beach, they have a "bite out off"..

MaritF's gear list:MaritF's gear list
Nikon D100 Sony SLT-A77 Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro Tamron 18-270mm F/3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD
Canadian Club
Canadian Club Forum Pro • Posts: 41,938
Air-to-Air

Chipmunk to Chipmunk .

A77 with Tamron 18-250

Life is good - Blue Skies

CC

-- hide signature --

Canadian Club with a chaser.

3D Frames and OOB Gallery
http://www.pbase.com/otfchallenge/george_mocks_3d_frame_gallery&page=all

brian14478
brian14478 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,703

what a great thread..hope every month you continue it..i like this because it makes our small town look so vibrant and alive when actually its an old school small italian town thats quiet generally except for the gossiping ladies "did you see angies tomatoes?aye aye aye..blah blah blah.brian

bngreenchev Regular Member • Posts: 111

This is a five shot HDR of a Umtanum Creek Falls Found between Yakima and Ellensburg, WA.

bngreenchev's gear list:bngreenchev's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A100 Sony SLT-A55 Sony Alpha a99 Tamron SP AF 10-24mm F/3.5-4.5 Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Tamron AF 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) +8 more
camperbc
camperbc Senior Member • Posts: 2,078
Fogo Island fisheye capture

I haven't ventured outside since February, as I have been bedridden with spinal issues, but I felt a bit better on the weekend so I took a short stroll to the shore directly in front of our house and snapped a few with my Samyang fisheye. Here is one of the three that I took.

(A500 and Samyang 8mm f/3.5 fisheye; no distortion correction software)

Glen
http://www.FocusOnNewfoundland.com

http://www.FocusOnNewfoundland.com
http://www.flickr.com/photos/fogoislanders/

OP Shield3 Senior Member • Posts: 2,440

Uhm, wow. Amazing. Well, all of these are so far!

bngreenchev wrote:

This is a five shot HDR of a Umtanum Creek Falls Found between Yakima and Ellensburg, WA.

Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 35mm F1.4L USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM Canon EF 135mm F2L USM Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM +2 more

It's funny how much I love and hate dogs. I hate the pit-bulls and vicious ones, but love dogs like this. Amazing how protective and gentle they are too.

MaritF wrote:

This might not be the best photo of the 2 last weeks, but it wast the most touching. On our regular beachtrip, we did run into a dead Dolphin baby, and my Luna laid down next to it, kind of protecting it. All the dogs did sniff ever so carefully on it, around it, over it...

Otherwise, anything dead we find on the beach, they have a "bite out off"..

Re: That would be this one...

This easily could be in any magazine. Kids sure love those splash pads. I think however you graded it was perfect too.

moimoi wrote:

William Porter
William Porter Senior Member • Posts: 1,730
Re: Air-to-Air

LOVE that photo of the airplane — color composition everything about it.

I'm dying to pay somebody to take me up in a plane or balloon to do some aerial photography. Later in the year...

Will

William Porter's gear list:William Porter's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Olympus PEN-F Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 +12 more
William Porter
Re: Fogo Island fisheye capture

Nice pic! I've given up on much of the rest of the world but I am eager to get to Newfoundland and Nova Scotia before I die.

Thanks for sharing.

Will

Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Olympus PEN-F Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 +12 more
stan_pustylnik Veteran Member • Posts: 3,953
morning light

You have gorgeous daughter!

my favorite shot from past weekend - morning light in park

-- hide signature --

Person is taking photos, not camera. When photograph is bad, it's because photographer doesn't know how to choose settings optimal to "own preferences". Then blames camera for bad IQ.
This is same as blaming car about arriving to wrong destination.

http://stan-pustylnik.smugmug.com

stan_pustylnik's gear list:stan_pustylnik's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS2 Sony Alpha DSLR-A850 Sony SLT-A55 Sony DT 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 SAM Sony 50mm F1.4 +11 more
Edward Sargent
Edward Sargent Veteran Member • Posts: 4,693
It's a hit!

It's a hit!

Sigma 70-200 + 2X TC

-- hide signature --

Sarge

A77, A700 8mm Bower, 50mm 1.7, 35-70 F4, 90mm Tamron, 18-250 Sigma, 70-200 Sigma & 50-500 Bigma
Fisheye photos at http://sony-snapper.com/Fish-Eye/index.html
Toys - Asus Transformer Android 4.0.3 tablet

• Colorspace UDMA 500 gb

Albums at http://www.sony-snapper.com

Edward Sargent's gear list:Edward Sargent's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-QX10 Sony Alpha a99 Sony a77 II Sony 70-200mm F2.8 G Sony 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G SSM +33 more
moimoi
Re: morning light

Great intensity in that shot. Well done Stan!

jurado
jurado Regular Member • Posts: 397

A picture from local band called Fusion here in Honolulu. Lens was a Rokinon 85mm 1.4 (Samyang) and the flare was caused by the setting sun.

jurado's gear list:jurado's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony Alpha DSLR-A300 Sony Alpha DSLR-A850 Sony SLT-A77 Sony 70-200mm F2.8 G +10 more
Tom2572
Tom2572 Senior Member • Posts: 1,129
Train museum with my trusty Mino 28/2.8

Some post processing done in the name of learning Lightroom 4.

William Porter
rodeo

I have a couple shots that I've printed or will be printing out from recent weeks, which means they've been a good couple weeks for me. Went to the Mesquite (Texas) Pro Rodeo last Saturday. Hard to pick one that I like the most but this one will do:

[A77 + DT 85 f2.8 SAM: 1/350th sec, f/2.8 @ ISO 1600.]

Not sure why I like that one best. Maybe it's because it's a bit anonymous (can't see face of either the rider or the horse). But I think it's because I like the powerful crouch of the horse — and the way you can see that the rider is flying a foot above the saddle.

Having trouble making up my mind about the print, though. The crop above is 5:4 (suitable for 8x10 print). But I shot at 16:9 and I rather like having all the empty space to the right and left so I might have to print it big. Still praying about that one. You can see the photo in the larger aspect ratio (and in color) here:

http://william-porter.viewbook.com/portfolio-2/album/rodeo-06-23-12?p=1

The color 16:9 version is #17 in the collection. You can see it larger by clicking the full screen button. If you have an opinion in favor of one or the other (color vs black and white, 16:9 vs 5:4) I'd be grateful to hear it.

If it's not that one, it's this one, which shows how the rider and horse above parted ways:

I like that one for the alarmed expressions on some of the spectators' faces. But I think I'd have been happier if I'd caught the rider in mid-air rather than as he hit the dirt. Them's the breaks.

Anyway, I had a ball at the rodeo and was pleased with that and few of the other shots. It's a great subject. Thanks for looking.

Will

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads