FYI....GARY FRIEDMAN Nex 7 e-book now available

Started Jun 21, 2012 | Discussions
Joe Krol Regular Member • Posts: 358
FYI....GARY FRIEDMAN Nex 7 e-book now available
 Joe Krol's gear list:Joe Krol's gear list
Sony RX100 II Olympus E-M1 Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Pro
Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Timbo63 Forum Member • Posts: 56
Re: FYI....GARY FRIEDMAN Nex 7 e-book now available

Downloaded! £17.35 ($26.45)

I also have the NEX-5 e-book which is great but the NEX-7 version is exceptional, fantastic reference book.

-- hide signature --

Cheers

Tim

Timbo63's gear list:Timbo63's gear list
Samyang Reflex 300mm F6.3
OP Joe Krol Regular Member • Posts: 358

This book is much better than David Busch's book on Nex 7.
--
Joe

radimere Junior Member • Posts: 39

His recommended menu customization settings actually makes sense and should save me a few hours of indecision and trial and error. Well worth the asking price.

Pennyanne Senior Member • Posts: 1,946
-- hide signature --

Thanks for sharing this link. I bought it and am thoroughly enjoying his writing style
Pennyanne

Pennyanne's gear list:Pennyanne's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sigma fp
BubbaHotepUK Regular Member • Posts: 475

Lol .. .exchange rates. I just paid £17.42 for it.

BubbaHotepUK's gear list:BubbaHotepUK's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony RX100 IV Panasonic FZ1000 Panasonic ZS100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 +9 more
robert614 Senior Member • Posts: 1,726

Thanks for the heads-up.I already own the A77 e-book and highly recommend his books to get the most out of your camera.

OP Joe Krol Regular Member • Posts: 358

Pennyanne wrote:

You are right about his writing style.. Enjoyable reading material..
Joe

Cartier007 Junior Member • Posts: 41

I have bought mine a few hours ago and up to now, its looks great. Many interesting things. Sylvain

hilld Regular Member • Posts: 119

Timbo63 wrote:

Downloaded! £17.35 ($26.45)

I also have the NEX-5 e-book which is great but the NEX-7 version is exceptional, fantastic reference book.

I also bought and downloaded this work minutes after the heads-up from the OP (even though I have the Busch book on the way). l can't imagine a better guide than Friedman's. Absolutely invaluable and indispensable. Everything is covered, and the book has the great virtue of not being a thinly disguised How to do Digital Photography. I would recommend it for anyone -- like me -- with a newly acquired NEX 7.

hilld's gear list:hilld's gear list
Ricoh GR III
jack scholl
jack scholl Veteran Member • Posts: 4,336

I have got to page 96 and it already if far more valuable than the cost. Lots of great info presented very clearly.

Highest recommendation.

Jack
--
http://www.pbase.com/jrs40

jack scholl's gear list:jack scholl's gear list
Sony RX10 IV Sony a6400 Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS Sony Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS Sony Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* E 24mm F1.8 ZA
Old Pirate Senior Member • Posts: 1,490

Got it today and read it today with camera in hand. I had set mine up based on my experience with my A700, but after reading this I realized I was not going to get the best of the 7 that way.

Who would have thought paring face detect with multi point AF would be the best way to go for accuracy in AF focusing 99% of the time? I had been a center point guy since forever, but I tried it tonight and I can clearly see average AF focusing is better especially in low light.

Best money on an aid I have spent in awhile, but I had his A700 book so I knew what was coming.

Old Pirate's gear list:Old Pirate's gear list
Sony a7R IV Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 90mm F2.8 macro Sony FE 85mm F1.8 Sony FE 24-105mm F4 +5 more
boxtyman Junior Member • Posts: 36

Have downloaded the book and it looks good. Site is easy to use & the download rapid (once you pay). I don't know the guy, but for the price please don't pirate this book! Bill G is one thing but let's support the little man. I've had stuff pirated (music) and it's not nice when you're only earning a small amount.

boxtyman's gear list:boxtyman's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sigma 19mm F2.8 EX DN +3 more
Jim Funston Senior Member • Posts: 1,698

Yep, Gary does a great job with these books. I downloaded and read it two days ago and found with the A77 book that it's the kind of book you need to read several times to get the most out of it. I recommend his books all the time.

V1V1D
V1V1D Contributing Member • Posts: 669

Nice. Been waiting for this ebook for awhile.
Downloaded to my iPad now.

Thanks for the heads up.

V1V1D's gear list:V1V1D's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony a6300 Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS +4 more
BubbaHotepUK Regular Member • Posts: 475

Been reading through it yesterday and today - lots of snippets I didn't know about. I think I'll take his recommendations for custom controls too.

I've got it on my phone too, so I can refer to it easily when I'm out & about.

BubbaHotepUK's gear list:BubbaHotepUK's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony RX100 IV Panasonic FZ1000 Panasonic ZS100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 +9 more
Jerry Canon
Jerry Canon Contributing Member • Posts: 875
-- hide signature --

I've bought and paid for mine but never can get the download to open for some reason, all I get is :

Download information missing! This could happen if your browser is blocking cookies. Try reducing the privacy level settings in your browser or make sure cookies are not being blocked.

Use the delivery page to login.
Jerry

Jerry Canon's gear list:Jerry Canon's gear list
Sony RX100 III Sony a7 II Sony FE 70-200 F4 Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony Vario-Tessar T* FE 16-35mm F4 ZA OSS +1 more
Jerry Brendle Regular Member • Posts: 342

Jerry Canon wrote:

-- hide signature --

Gary himself responded to my issue via email and got me up and running. Great Guy and great book!
http://picasaweb.google.com/jerrybrendle

Clix Pix
Clix Pix Regular Member • Posts: 442

A friend on another forum mentioned this book so I purchased and downloaded it today and have already installed it in the iPad, too. I haven't actually done much more than briefly skim through it and print out the "Personal Settings" and "Cookbook" pages, but already I can tell that this is going to be a valuable resource for me and my NEX-7.

-- hide signature --

Through the years with Nikon Coolpixes, followed by the D70, the D200, the D2Xs and now the D300 and D3
Sony NEX-7
Lotsa good glass
PBase supporter, Smug Mug supporter, Zenfolio supporter

Clix Pix's gear list:Clix Pix's gear list
Sony RX10 IV Sony RX100 VII Sony a7R IV Sony FE 50mm F2.8 Macro Sony FE 90mm F2.8 macro +5 more
mattstock New Member • Posts: 6

I decided to purchase this not knowing if it would really be useful. I've now read (and some sections skimmed that I didn't need) around 250 pages of it today. I learned some very interesting things about settings that I had glazed over and decided as unnecessary earlier. Also, his customization settings are pretty well thought out (pretty close to what I was doing, I adapted to some of his settings). The second half of the book starts to repeat quite a bit.

Overall, worth the ~$26 USD for the information. Good read!

mattstock's gear list:mattstock's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Tamron 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 Di III VC Sigma 30mm F2.8 EX DN Sony Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* E 24mm F1.8 ZA
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads