D800 available on Walmart.com

Started Jun 14, 2012 | Discussions
Maji Contributing Member • Posts: 734
D800 available on Walmart.com

As of 12:40pm, 6/14/2012, I see that Walmart.com is showing the D800 to be available on their website. It includes free shipping.

Good luck.

Maji's gear list:Maji's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P500 Nikon D800 Nikon 1 V2 Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR +6 more
Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
OP Maji Contributing Member • Posts: 734
Re: D800 available on Walmart.com

Also, available on Dell's accessories site.

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&cs=19&sku=A5931092&baynote_bnrank=0&baynote_irrank=0&~ck=baynoteSearch

Good luck everyone who is looking to buy a D800.

Nikon Coolpix P500 Nikon D800 Nikon 1 V2 Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR +6 more
zsedcft Regular Member • Posts: 110

Maji wrote:

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&cs=19&sku=A5931092&baynote_bnrank=0&baynote_irrank=0&~ck=baynoteSearch

How expensive is the computer you would have to buy for the D800 to be an accessory?!

Looks like the backlog is clearing fast though.

jeffsorn New Member • Posts: 10

I't back at the Nikon store as well.

jeffsorn's gear list:jeffsorn's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II
jeffsorn New Member • Posts: 10

jeffsorn wrote:

I'ts back at the Nikon store as well.

Still available. If you order before 3PM Eastern and specify second or next day air it's supposed to ship today.

Jeff

jeffsorn's gear list:jeffsorn's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II
Harry Sinniah Regular Member • Posts: 209

ha, ha , ha, ha ........... Oh man I real feel for those guys waiting in the B&H and Amazon lines, this is honestly the last straw.

You can say anyhting to justify your wait, end of the day, someone who did not even have the wildest fantasy of owning a D800 has one before and smiling ear to ear ( its gotta pain man, it pains me and I am not even in line & enjoying my D800E) --- I know the feeling I was there with B&H and the D200.....

Harry Sinniah's gear list:Harry Sinniah's gear list
Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 17-35mm f/2.8D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.8G +3 more

Around $1200 should give you a decent computer.

zsedcft wrote:

Maji wrote:

How expensive is the computer you would have to buy for the D800 to be an accessory?!

Looks like the backlog is clearing fast though.

nikhgan Senior Member • Posts: 1,552

Where did you get your D800E?

Harry Sinniah wrote:

I am not even in line & enjoying my D800E) --- I know the feeling I was there with B&H and the D200.....

radams927 New Member • Posts: 5

i placed an order through Dell. it's a little surprising that it's still in stock even as we speak. the CSR assured me that they did in fact have the inventory, but Dell CSRs aren't exactly legendary for their reliability. Dell orders take a while to process, so i may have to wait until tomorrow to see the order officially go through.

i think walmart was out of stock right after this thread got started

Didn't take but a few minutes for them to sell out.

This is a very handy website that keeps track of many items at online retailers.

http://www.nowinstock.net/

I hope this helps many who are looking not only for the D800, but other hard to get items.

Good luck.

Harry Sinniah Regular Member • Posts: 209

No gains without pains..... I downloaded the Nikon Dealer list from NikonUSA, marked up all the dealers in my driving distance (from where I live), called each of them and asked how big was the waiting list & if I needed to put a deposit down (it took about 1.5 hrs of my time one evening)...

Dan's camera City in Allentown, PA was very nice and honest and said I would be 3rd on the list if I put in a 100$ depost and I did.... 6 days later Voila, I have my camera..

Forget B&H & Amazon or any national large retailed, I was burned like the other with my D200 order and am wiser in snagging a new Nikon camera!

nikhgan wrote:
Where did you get your D800E?

Harry Sinniah wrote:

I am not even in line & enjoying my D800E) --- I know the feeling I was there with B&H and the D200.....

Harry Sinniah's gear list:Harry Sinniah's gear list
Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 17-35mm f/2.8D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.8G +3 more
jmiller1948
jmiller1948 Contributing Member • Posts: 901

Maji wrote:

Thanks, Maji, for the heads-up. I looked on the Walmart site and they were not available. Checked Dell and they listed it as in stock. I called them and placed an order. They assure me it is indeed in stock and will ship within 24 hrs. I've been on the waiting list at Adorama over 3 mos.; I'll cancel there as soon as I have confirmation of shipment.

I'll gladly pay the sales tax (which I'm legally obligated to do anyway) in order to get the camera who-knows-how-much sooner! I'll post my cat photo as soon as the camera arrives.
--
Joel

There is only you and your camera. The limitations in your photography are in yourself, for what we see is what we are.
Ernst Haas

jmiller1948's gear list:jmiller1948's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm F4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +8 more
Mike Ruegg New Member • Posts: 4

Do we know whether/ Dell is an authorized Nikon Dealer? And whether the Nikon USA warranty would apply

nikhgan Senior Member • Posts: 1,552

should be. Dell is a big company. They responsible for what they are selling.

Mike Ruegg wrote:

Do we know whether/ Dell is an authorized Nikon Dealer? And whether the Nikon USA warranty would apply

Mike Ruegg New Member • Posts: 4

Actually looked on Nikon website. Dell is not listed as a authorized dealer. Amazon and Walmart yes but not Dell. therefore the warranty would not be valid.

jmiller1948
jmiller1948 Contributing Member • Posts: 901
Dell's Customer Service is Barbaric!

jmiller1948 wrote:

Maji wrote:

Thanks, Maji, for the heads-up. I looked on the Walmart site and they were not available. Checked Dell and they listed it as in stock. I called them and placed an order. They assure me it is indeed in stock and will ship within 24 hrs. I've been on the waiting list at Adorama over 3 mos.; I'll cancel there as soon as I have confirmation of shipment.

I'll gladly pay the sales tax (which I'm legally obligated to do anyway) in order to get the camera who-knows-how-much sooner! I'll post my cat photo as soon as the camera arrives.
--
Joel

There is only you and your camera. The limitations in your photography are in yourself, for what we see is what we are.
Ernst Haas

I spent half my night last evening on the phone with what must have been most of the people who work for Dell! As I said in the post above, I ordered a D800 by phone after I saw it was listed as in-stock on their website. A while after getting my confirmation email, I checked the order status online just for kicks. To my shock the site said my order had been cancelled!

I called back, and after talking to two or three different people with hard-to-understand accents, I was shifted to the Verification Dept. They asked me enough questions to probably get Top Secret FBI clearance, and then told me my order would be reinstated.

Later in the evening, when I had not received email confirmation of the reinstated order, I checked the order status online again. The only thing there was that my original order was cancelled. I sent an email request but got the usual reply that they would get back whenever. I got on the phone again and talked to several different people. Every different person asked me all the same questions. I finally got shifted to someone who simply placed a new order; that process took much longer than placing the original order. I was assured that the camera was still in stock and I would NOT get TWO cameras shipped to me (for what that assurance is worth). Hopefully I'll have ONE D800 shipped today.

There is nothing on the site to indicate these are gray market cameras. They assured me that there was a 1 year warranty and offered my an opportunity to extend it to 3. I have emailed them again today to try to verify that this is a US warranty.

What a cluster !!! I certainly hope I have a camera shipped today, but who knows. Needless to say, I've not cancelled my Adorama order yet!

Wish me luck!
--
Joel

Ernst Haas

jmiller1948's gear list:jmiller1948's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm F4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +8 more
radams927 New Member • Posts: 5
Dell + Nikon

i called Nikon about purchasing from Dell. they said just because it's not an authorized retailer doesn't mean that the warranty is negated. basically buying authorized just makes the process simpler. she couldn't officially tell me over the phone, but there was a strong implication that Dell is fine. you'll just need to send in the receipt when it's going in for service.

Re: Dell's Customer Service is Barbaric!

Joe,

Good luck with your order. I believe that Dell have already sold out. Please make sure that they are not putting you on back-order!!! The problem with Dell and this mega outfits is their lack of customer service or rather their insistence of not empowering their CS agents enough to make decisions.

jmiller1948 wrote:

jmiller1948 wrote:

Maji wrote:

--
Joel

Ernst Haas

I spent half my night last evening on the phone with what must have been most of the people who work for Dell! As I said in the post above, I ordered a D800 by phone after I saw it was listed as in-stock on their website. A while after getting my confirmation email, I checked the order status online just for kicks. To my shock the site said my order had been cancelled!

I called back, and after talking to two or three different people with hard-to-understand accents, I was shifted to the Verification Dept. They asked me enough questions to probably get Top Secret FBI clearance, and then told me my order would be reinstated.

Later in the evening, when I had not received email confirmation of the reinstated order, I checked the order status online again. The only thing there was that my original order was cancelled. I sent an email request but got the usual reply that they would get back whenever. I got on the phone again and talked to several different people. Every different person asked me all the same questions. I finally got shifted to someone who simply placed a new order; that process took much longer than placing the original order. I was assured that the camera was still in stock and I would NOT get TWO cameras shipped to me (for what that assurance is worth). Hopefully I'll have ONE D800 shipped today.

There is nothing on the site to indicate these are gray market cameras. They assured me that there was a 1 year warranty and offered my an opportunity to extend it to 3. I have emailed them again today to try to verify that this is a US warranty.

What a cluster !!! I certainly hope I have a camera shipped today, but who knows. Needless to say, I've not cancelled my Adorama order yet!

Wish me luck!
--
Joel

Ernst Haas

u007 Senior Member • Posts: 1,681

Mike Ruegg wrote:

Actually looked on Nikon website. Dell is not listed as a authorized dealer. Amazon and Walmart yes but not Dell. therefore the warranty would not be valid.

Surely not? This sounds ridiculous

So you can buy a brand new, unboxed d800 from a shop (which Nikon presumably delivered to) and it ISN'T covered by warranty?

How the hell does that work?!

-- hide signature --

My travel photography blog - http://www.frescoglobe.com

Patco Forum Pro • Posts: 13,051

u007 wrote:

Mike Ruegg wrote:

Surely not? This sounds ridiculous

So you can buy a brand new, unboxed d800 from a shop (which Nikon presumably delivered to) and it ISN'T covered by warranty?

Yes, it's possible.

Even some authorized dealers sell "grey market" (ie. in the USA, not purchased from Nikon USA) products. Generally, a reputable dealer will assume the warranty coverage, as is the case with B&H, but with some other dealers, it may be a case of "buyer beware".
You can read what B&H says about grey market items here:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/find/HelpCenter/USGrey.jsp

-- hide signature --

Patco
A photograph is more than a bunch of pixels

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads