Guy Parson's file naming method

Started Jun 10, 2012 | Discussions
Tom Caldwell Forum Pro • Posts: 34,148
Guy Parson's file naming method

Long term good guy and mate, R-series fanatic and expert in all things about that particular model came up with a file numbering regimen that would help separate files taken by different cameras.

Not sure just how far this simple method could be extended and whether Ricoh's firmware would allow the "R" prefix to be changed or allow it to be followed by anything but a number.

But a useful idea no less and it might prove a fertile starting ground for those that might to explore the idea further.

Here is a link to his site page that describes it - the rest of his site is worthwhile exploring - especially if you are an R-series owner.

http://homepages.ihug.com.au/~parsog/ricoh/27-filename.html

-- hide signature --

Tom Caldwell

richard2012 New Member • Posts: 5
Re: Guy Parson's file naming method

The free program 'Bulk Rename Utility' allows renaming files in many ways; replacing selected alphanumerics, adding numbers, sorting by date of exposure (from EXIF), even changing file date/time stamps. Do try out the program on a couple of test folders first.

OP Tom Caldwell Forum Pro • Posts: 34,148

richard2012 wrote:

The free program 'Bulk Rename Utility' allows renaming files in many ways; replacing selected alphanumerics, adding numbers, sorting by date of exposure (from EXIF), even changing file date/time stamps. Do try out the program on a couple of test folders first.

Richard,

Thanks for that. I will try it.

The essence of the problem, originally Guy's and now mine also, was in having more than one Ricoh camera in regular use. I think the object basically is to be able to copy files into one directory and have them immediately referenced by file name to the camera of capture. Even with Guy the EXIF would still show the individual R-type of the camera if they differed. Few have used more than one identical camera simultaneously.

For those who have not looked up Guy's page on his site the simple process was to alter the first file numeric digit (after the "R") on the first file of a freshly formatted SD card. Helpfully the R series was also "R" and therefore he could have files on each card/camera-body commencing "R4-----", "R5-----" which would increment normally. This was specific card-camera centric but made the files easily identifiable to camera automatically. Whether the system would be flexible enough to take even a two-alpha prefix (or more) I have not personally tested.

Bulk renaming will do the job and normally (for different cameras) the EXIF record will come to the final rescue if required. However there is always the problem of a file numbering clash and bulk renaming after first copying into separate directories is a good solution even if it involves extra steps.

Ricoh have kindly given users of the GXR A12 mount the ability to copy lens data into the EXIF by dedicating some of the My Modes to individual lenses. This works well enough but surely it is a clumsy stop-gap and there must be a better way to do this. Even in use if you have more lenses than My Modes available you have to constantly re-dedicate a My Mode to the currrent lens and make te available lens optimising tweaks (if you know how and can be bothered) - the lens data is buried deep in the menu. Hardly the slick ease of use that Ricoh is renowned for. I am sure that they will do better in a firmware update sooner (hopefully) than later.

I really like setting my modes to specific short cuts for shooting situations and can flick from low light b&w jpg to good light raw/jpg colour to faster moving lesser conditions jpg colour capture with a flick of a dial and the same lens installed. I might achieve the same thing manually with a single lens attached to a my mode and some smooth manual gymnastics. But chosing a lens from the rack by the door for the days adventure soon becomes fraught, and leaving the home base with pockets bulging with adventurous lenses is a sight to behold and a my mode impossibility. Yes I am one of a kind (grin)

Therefore as someone with a larger than usual collection of oddball lenses I simply disregard setting them up in EXIF - pity as half an hour after putting my camera to bed I simply cannot treliably remember which lens took that cracking good shot. So I cannot really be into comparing which lens is the perfect one for the GXR-M, they all seem either great or greater to this amateur who is more into the enjoyment of mastering the equipment. It would be nice to know exactly which lens worked well but I am not concerned enough to lose much sleep over it.

So I am also running in front of the regular user in having multiple GXR A12 units. Hey this is heaven, I can pretend to be a pro just whipping a completely new "camera" out of my haversack to startle the natives and impress them with my "quick lens change" routine.

However I am faced with a few problems - an identical camera-used record in my EXIF with no lens data, file numbering that is bound to clash sooner or later (thankfully not so far) and images from the same session that really belong together in a session directory.

Guy's solution and bulk-renaming are possible solutions. Reading Ricoh's manual gives me no better hope.

The real solution must come from firmware - a separate lens database in-camera that can hold a good number of lenses and their data and will allow last-lens default or change at startup combined with the possibility of a two-digit alpha prefix for file names that can be edited by the user. In use you might "set" the current lens as default which the camera would use automatically to record in EXIF. Change lens - change default from a pre-entered scrolling database. The file numbering once set would reflect the body in use by the users own pre-made prefix.

It is possible right now, if the user desires, to use the "copyright" notice now provided to indicate which camera body is in use by the owner's own generated code but this hardly solves the file number clashing possibility in an automatic way.

Guy's system offers such a prospect within it's limitations.

My problem is hardly a common one but might become more generic as the GXR system matures. Even if the GXR back or the A12 mount is upgraded surely many will simply add the new version to their "stock" and keep using the older one as well? After all they help make great pictures today and if they are still working well why junk them or sell them for a pittance?

-- hide signature --

Tom Caldwell

Report to the forum

I tried Guy's method on the GXR.

It really is quite simple and and can have it's usefulness within restrictions.

You don't need to reformat your SD card. All you have to do is clean out any card of images and leave one there. Or simply capture a single image as a dummy to work on.

All you have to do is go into your file manager and rename the single remaining file R#------ where the # represents a number 0-9. If you use DNG and JPG as I do then I renamed one "set" of images the same. Then by Guy's method that file is left there (?), however it seems that once the sd card in camera has been "set" to this new number and the camera used to capture at least one other image then the new sequence will be remembered. Once the new number has been set further images captured happily increment from there even if the original file changed has been later removed. This seems card-specific and will follow the sd card about but if the one card is left in camera then it provides a code that indicate camera of origin. It can also be used to separate individual cards so that the image numbering will not clash in a directory of images. But by sorting a directory by numeric order images from separate cameras/cards can be isolated.

I tried to be more ambitious by changing the lead "R" to "G" but whilst the numbers continued to be incremented correctly the "G" was changed back to "R" on succeeding images recorded.

Bear in mind that the cameras have their own internal numbering system in use and that the file numbers generated when recording are actually different as explained in the GXR manual on page 148.

Guy Parsons discovered, tested and publicised this method on his site and this forum some years ago in relation to the R series and all credit should be his.

Obviously Ricoh has not changed its method of recording file numbers.

This method could be also used for instance to isolate images taken with different model Ricoh cameras as well as images from identical models - for instance CX, GX, R, GXR and GRD.

-- hide signature --

Tom Caldwell

sphexx Contributing Member • Posts: 719

I may have misunderstood the problem you are addressing here Tom, but it seems to me finding photos taken by various cameras (and scanners) is easily done using the EXIF info. For example, iPhoto on MacOSX keeps track of all the cameras used and it is a trivial matter to make a "smart album" (essentially a saved search updated in real time) for all the photos taken with a given camera. Similarly for lenses or combinations of lens and camera plus any other criteria contained in the EXIF or other metadata. similarly in Aperture with added possibility of renaming files with quite complex filenames while they are being imported.

I seem to remember you are Linuxian (is that the word for people from the planet Linux?) so my examples are not applicable directly but I'm sure there must be a similar system available to you.
--
Richard

sphexx's gear list:sphexx's gear list
Ricoh GR II
Godfrey Forum Pro • Posts: 29,366

Interesting.

I use Lightroom. All files are renamed as I import them, to the schema I documented here and elsewhere long ago. What th camera's numbering/ naming schema might be is almost completely irrelevant: I use the number portion purely as an identifier breadcrumb, and often rename defined sequences with a sequence number.

I can always find what camera made a shot by filtering the metadata.
--
Godfrey
http://godfreydigiorgi.posterous.com

sphexx wrote:

I may have misunderstood the problem you are addressing here Tom, but it seems to me finding photos taken by various cameras (and scanners) is easily done using the EXIF info. For example, iPhoto on MacOSX keeps track of all the cameras used and it is a trivial matter to make a "smart album" (essentially a saved search updated in real time) for all the photos taken with a given camera. Similarly for lenses or combinations of lens and camera plus any other criteria contained in the EXIF or other metadata. similarly in Aperture with added possibility of renaming files with quite complex filenames while they are being imported.

I seem to remember you are Linuxian (is that the word for people from the planet Linux?) so my examples are not applicable directly but I'm sure there must be a similar system available to you.
--
Richard

Richard

I am not a Linux man nor have I gone much past beinng simply irritated by Apple's "do it our way or else attitude", once I get over that I am sure that I will appreciate my Apple i-whatever. But meantime the Windows ragged operating system family is familiar and does what I need.

I will cast around for what you say, but it is no big-deal for me really - my problem is not identifying cameras or poring into EXIF details. I am too lazy / have too many lenses to make the GXR lens naming for EXIF work. I am one of a kind in the lens category, gone from having a few fun lenses, to a lens-tester, collector, and now perhaps an incipient museum owner.

Not asking anyone to emulate me, just for some patient understanding.

My specific probelm is not a great one, I can live with any method of recording where and when and what with. I have my own system and others have theirs.

Because I have multiple GXR cameras and A12 mounts now and many lenses there is every possibility that I will have my GXR-LTM/LM, my GXR-M42, my GXR-FD - all are running their own sd cards and Ricoh makes no provision for separate numbering or direct referencing of the camera that made the image that I know of - just "GXR-A12 mount". Nor am I giving the camera back any specific help or even caring over-much which lens took that great lucky shot. I am not aware if individual camera backs have their own specific signature, but that I have not deeply investigated, nor do I care that much.

Others may strike similar problems with merely a GRD and a GXR or even a CX combination: So far card-number conflict is hit or miss and has not hit me so far at present but it is always a possibility.

I am merely putting forward the re-gurgitation of a simple number-code system in-camera that will automatically identify which of your Ricoh cameras took an image. Once set in a minute's time per camera it becomes quite automatic and card number conflict is all but eliminated.

Renaming, renumbering, special directories, or any personal use methods are very much up to each individual user to devise their own. The system I have described works with any software, any computer operating system, any user and is completely automatic once set.

I copy my files using a file manager into a "Japanese" date number prefix (YYMMDD) order which is self regulating in sorted date order adding "camera" and "event reference" to taste. Works for me and is dead set simple.

If I use more than one Ricoh camera on any specific occasion then there is a remote possibility that sooner or later their SD file numbers will co-incide. Furthermore the off the card numbers give no indication at captured file name level of which camera did the business. It requires furher diligence to adjust this. By tricking the sd card into using another number sequence individual cameras can be quickly and easily identified by a unique file number prefix without any further delving. Files can be sorted by file number to show the camera used.

Only useful for lazy sods like myself of course. I now have the opportunity of putting all my files from any given date-session into the same data-labeled directory where they can be easily found and also identified by camera (not necessarily lens). They can continue to use Ricoh's own in-camera generated file numbering system without any further intervention needed.

I am not about to "sell" the idea to anyone, if anyone finds it useful, thank Guy Parsons who first found and explained it.

It is no more than just another tool in the box of tricks.

-- hide signature --

Tom Caldwell

Godfrey wrote:

Interesting.

I use Lightroom. All files are renamed as I import them, to the schema I documented here and elsewhere long ago. What th camera's numbering/ naming schema might be is almost completely irrelevant: I use the number portion purely as an identifier breadcrumb, and often rename defined sequences with a sequence number.

I can always find what camera made a shot by filtering the metadata.
--
Godfrey

Likewise interesting Godfrey, I don't use Lightroom.

It is useful to hear how others use a file numbering regimen. The situation I describe is not an alternative to a personal file-numbering procedure but more a second-level automatic system once set up that helps keep the natural file numbering of the SD cards apart and has some side benefits.

My "system" is agriculturally bog-standard - I just copy up from the sd card into a directory created by the creaky old file manager, which was not much good when it was written and has never been improved. I guess this is why software manufacturers avoid file managers like the plague and simply snag the necessary routines into their own products. There has never been any incentive for Microsoft (for one) to improve their independent file management services nor have they done so. But I am prone to hitting myself on the head with lumps of wood

I have no problem with anyone's personal system in use and what works for them works. Nor was I trying to sell this idea as some sort of superior way of doing things - just remembering what Guy had noticed and bringing it back into public view. It had no relevance for me at the time but now it seems now to have some use even if only to me personally.

The Ricoh manual clearly states that the internal camera numbering system is also quite different from the one that goes on to files in any case. Therefore there are three systems in use - the internal one used by the camera, another that provides two optional systems that will automatically generate numbers recorded on the SD files on the card and the personal method each individual choses to use for their own records. Here we have simply a way to have some control over the way that the camera automatically numbers files on SD card only.

I seem to remember having some product I had years ago that insisted in renaming my imported files into something a "yard" long full of dashed-out dates and any other name-part I wished to introduce. Quite useful but very product-specific and was no longer useful the minute I switched to another product. Might have been my "free" copy of Lightroom #1 but I didn't like it much - I hear it has improved ... and no doubt it will keep improving with each new release.

And yes, if you give the EXIF and metadata a chance you can always look it up.

Not sure about an individual camera signature though. In my slack lopsided way I can only see "GXR-A12 mount" and not "which GXR and which mount" must have a closer look and see if there is a generated individual signature in there. Surely?

Meanwhile for anyone interested you can change serial number sequence in-camera per SD card so that the number reference can uniquely show which sd card caught your image quite automatically, self updating continuously, with no further effort, and product independent. By keeping the same SD card dedicated to a camera then you effectively code the images back to that camera seamlessly and prevent the remote possibility of file number-conflicts. No need to look up EXIF metadata or process the files via software to further rename them.

No sweat, no pack drill, just one of life's little mysteries, something for the memory bank to remember if it ever becomes useful.

Less useful, if useful at all, I suppose that by using this method you can get any SD card to start or change its numbering sequence to any number you might introduce within reason. I had to mention this for completeness.

-- hide signature --

Tom Caldwell

Guy Parsons
Guy Parsons Forum Pro • Posts: 29,618
Hey, someone is talking about me.

Hi Tom,

Thanks for referencing my very old page. Lucky you saw it as I was thinking of cleaning out a lot of old pages, just had not got around to it yet.

Anyhoo, now I'm mostly in Olympus M4/3 land these days and those dudes allow me to edit any of the four left hand characters of the file name in the camera. With two E-PL1 bodies one reports as PLzzxxxx and the other as PMzzxxxx where xxxx of course goes from 0001 to 9999 and the zz I will change for different trips and occasions.

It's so easy to say that I could rename as I upload to the PC but life's not that predictable. Half the time I would forget and get file name clashes due to usually 4 cameras being muddled into the same day dated folder when we are away on trips.

As for storing and finding stuff, I have abandoned any ideas of keywords etc as they are always application dependent with their own databases. Change programs, have a crash etc and keywords get lost so easily.

I use FastStone Viewer or Qimage Ultimate to upload into auto day dated folders with all cameras in together, then add some text description to make finding easier later in conjunction with trip diaries.

A bit like this.....

which is a partial view of one of the numerous backup disks.

If I "lose" something (like forget the date of an image) then Picasa is handy as it is very easy to slew though whole disk drives of images until I hit what I recognise.

I still occasionally use my old R3 and also a later CX2, but mostly now Olympus E-PL1 and sometimes Panasonic LX3. My daughter now uses my old R4.

Regards....... Guy

Guy Parsons's gear list:Guy Parsons's gear list
Olympus PEN E-P5 +2 more

Not sure about an individual camera signature though. In my slack lopsided way I can only see "GXR-A12 mount" and not "which GXR and which mount" must have a closer look and see if there is a generated individual signature in there. Surely?

I generally don't care what body an exposure might come from if I have multiple bodies of the same camera. But if I did it's easy enough to add a keyword indicating that to the files once I import them into LR or even just transfer them onto the computer. This can be added to either EXIF or IPTC metadata using the appropriate tools.
--
Godfrey

Re: Hey, someone is talking about me.

Guy,

If you use applications that apply keywords according to the IPTC Photo Metadata standards, they are embedded into the files (JPEG, TIFF, PSD, PNG formats) or into cross application compatible .XMP sidecar files for native raw formats.

Applications that maintain their own internal, incompatible keywording mechanisms should be avoided.
--
Godfrey

Re: Hey, someone is talking about me - sure was ...

Guy

I thought if I chucked your name about a bit then you surely would hear a bell ringing soon enough. I had remembered you talking about the method some time ago. At the time I saw no use for it but have recently acquired more than one GXR body with A12 mount and have started playing "pro-shooter" with more than one body/lens-combination in play. The GXR has a provision to register the lens EXIF on the camera but I find that I have too many lenses and I play with them in a sort of rolling manner. I would either have to limit myself to just a few lenses (very sensible), or commit myself to be forever delving deep into the menus (and the lens info is quite remote), which takes a lot of the spontaneous fun out of the whole exercise.

So I could stomach a bit of guess and by god stuff with the files from one date in the same directory or I could set up one as "My guess it is GXR body #1 that took that image" sort of sub-directory. In fact even R4 files right through to GXR files use the same numbering system. So it is useful to be able to throw all your R4, GX, CX, GRD and GXR files form one day's effort into a single file and know exactly which one took what and also sort numerically and get them grouped together no matter when they were taken - and all automatic with no further input needed.

Obviously there are other ways of doing these sort of things and apparently many software products will rename an input stream on demand - so why bother? I bother much because it can be done, by me and my thanks to your persistence and resolve and the good nature to have posted the information in the first place.

Glad to see that your R4 is still working well and has a good home.

Mine, well I pulled it out to give it the Prefix "R5" (don't ask, it is complicated) but the old soldier just lined up and took the test images right on demand.

Tom

-- hide signature --

Tom Caldwell

More

Despite the Ricoh manuals statement, or possibly because of it: "When a new memory card is inserted, file numbering continues from the last number used". (Yes it does but the prefix changes)

Setting the prefix "R*---> " will take that same prefix to another camera if it is moved but the rest of the file numbering will continue as before in that second camera's previous numbering sequence.

Therefore the usefulness of this method is really SD card specific. Obviously the number sequence "belongs" to that camera but it does read at least the first two digits of the last file number on the SD card and uses this as the prefix.

I have found that it is not necessary to re-format the SD card, or even delete existing files on it, just change the number on the last stored file in sequence and the sequence will be set from then on. Also if the corresponding DNG and JPG files are not set to the same number they will continue to increment but will no longer be matched.

Limitation: only 999,999 files can be sequenced on each card before the system reaches its limit and starts destroying it.

By reformatting the card at useful limit then the sequence can be restarted and re-run.

Done: love it or hate it, use your own preferred method, but at least it is known and put back on public view.

-- hide signature --

Tom Caldwell

rondom Senior Member • Posts: 2,696
-1 (y/t)

Godfrey wrote:

I generally don't care what body an exposure might come from if I have multiple bodies of the same camera.

that's probably because you have no emotional attachment to tools...and you just want to use them for what they are made for! how cruel and exploitative!
cameras need your love..and what better way to show love than give names?

no two GXR bodies are alike. Just think of them as your twin children! You seem to be quite emotionless to me: if you had monozygotic twins wouldn't you even bother name them separately?

But if I did it's easy enough to add a keyword indicating that to the files once I import them into LR or even just transfer them onto the computer. This can be added to either EXIF or IPTC metadata using the appropriate tools.

this is easy practical and sensible...therefore boring and not interesting. the idea is to waste time with peripheral details that would keep you from focusing on your hobby...or more appropriately put, to turn the details to your hobby.

...and honestly, there is nothing wrong with that. cameras, lenses, digital photography firmware, menu-diving (just like scuba diving) are as valid hobby as photography.

Guy Parsons
Guy Parsons Forum Pro • Posts: 29,618
Handling multiple cameras' files and timestamps

Godfrey wrote:

I generally don't care what body an exposure might come from if I have multiple bodies of the same camera. But if I did it's easy enough to add a keyword indicating that to the files once I import them into LR or even just transfer them onto the computer. This can be added to either EXIF or IPTC metadata using the appropriate tools.

It all depends on the tools that you use. I have learned to avoid keywords from early on due to PC disasters, my habits will not change now.

For ease of sifting and sorting I use FastStone Viewer and with all cameras muddled in the same day dated folder I can view in ....

♦ Date order to see how the day unfolded or

♦ Filename order to see one camera's output.

So with the file naming fixed in the camera then there's no brain work involved in uploading and then viewing. When uploading from a bunch of cards from a mix of cameras it is way easier to just upload them than sit and think which card is which and what prefix should I be renaming this card with.The aside is that having to always dig in EXIF etc to sort out cameras would be a pain.

The side box note is that viewing muddled cameras in date order needs all the cameras being synced to the second at start of day or trip. If that has not been done then there's basic tools in FastStone Viewer to fix timestamps, also at http://jpgtime.learsy.com/ is a neat program that is a bit more versatile at fixing time stamps.

Of course, each to his own method, but after 10 years of making mistakes and making life hard at times I have finally settled on a robust method that works well for me. Now getting closer to 100,000 images and maybe 500 gigs of storage and it is still easy for me to find things that I want.

Regards........... Guy

Guy Parsons's gear list:Guy Parsons's gear list
Olympus PEN E-P5 +2 more
A club is a club even if it is called "a camera"

Thanks Guy, and I refer the remainder obliquely and not to your post.

If it works, it works. If anyone else has a pet file system of their own then they had best use it.

If others see no benefit in ideas about systems of file management then there is no problem with that either.

However it seems that there is a problem on here on passing on something that we have discovered and that might be of some possible use (or of no use whatsoever) that we have discovered. I think no kudos or acknowledgement was ever requested or desired. However heavy sarcasm, no matter how clever the words, tends to demean the forum and will destroy what is left of it if it continues.

I guess a club is a club no matter whether you have just picked up a lump of wood lying on the ground or have carefully turned up one on the lathe. It is still a club.

I guess the guy who found he could shift a heavy weight by himself by rolling it over a log got some ridicule from two of his mates who told him that they could simply pick it up and carry it together and it would work much quicker. So when he invented the wheel and axle he did not tell them or ask their opinion but left them happily ever-after carrying everything they ever needed.

Godfrey, Guy, and others who contribute their ideas in a positive way, I thank you.

Those that disagree with me and put their own considered ideas in response I also thank them for their input, it is welcomed, I have never claimed or wish to claim any particularly enlightened position.

-- hide signature --

Tom Caldwell

last post to aid the sanitation effort in ricoh forum

Tom Caldwell wrote:

However heavy sarcasm, no matter how clever the words, tends to demean the forum and will destroy what is left of it if it continues.

I think this place has been "legally dead" for some time.

for goodness sake, i make the most active users list with an average of five posts a week! which seems to be too much for you.
don't get discouraged please.

so from now on you get five less messages a week in dpreview froum a.k.a. tom caldwell blog.
enjoy the loving and positive atmosphere..

p.s. i wanted to comment on your "tired" picture, but chose not to. maybe i should before i say my good bye: as you were pressing the "to-die-for gxr shutter" were you in the middle of a ricoh customization speech?
bye now.

Sane-intention might be more like it

rondom wrote:

Tom Caldwell wrote:

However heavy sarcasm, no matter how clever the words, tends to demean the forum and will destroy what is left of it if it continues.

I think this place has been "legally dead" for some time.

for goodness sake, i make the most active users list with an average of five posts a week! which seems to be too much for you.
don't get discouraged please.

so from now on you get five less messages a week in dpreview froum a.k.a. tom caldwell blog.
enjoy the loving and positive atmosphere..

p.s. i wanted to comment on your "tired" picture, but chose not to. maybe i should before i say my good bye: as you were pressing the "to-die-for gxr shutter" were you in the middle of a ricoh customization speech?
bye now.

Well sorry if I have been boring .. There is not a lot to talk about with few releases from Ricoh - any other forum on dpreview will "die" between product releases - the extent of the death is directly proportional to the gap in releases. That is a fact of forums.

Some of us try to be constructive. But don't toddle off as it would be admitting defeat on your part, I would rather you use your undoubted literary skills in padding up the forum with your five posts per week. No doubt you can find some useful things to say. It would be nicer to play the ball rather than the man, but I can handle it if you choose otherwise.

-- hide signature --

Tom Caldwell

insanity etc (apologize but this is INDEED last post)

all this talk about being a team player, comradery of ricoh users united under one flag in these hard times (i.e. the great depression between new cameras releases) the dedicated fanboy keeping the spirits up and the forum active etc doesn't interest me a bit...it just shows that it is not about photography but stupid cameras- and obsession with gear etc..nothing that i would consider as constructive contribution!

completely boring, annoying and pointless to me. but that is my problem...please keep on going, and i mean it: if ricoh menus and quirky lenses and their adapters turn you on, all power to you...
Nobody should apologize for being boring.

Also, there are many different points of interests. the thing to do is to ignore those whom you consider uninteresting, unless they are impolite or offensive.
So it was my fault to respond to your posts!
if i find them repetitive and tiring, this is nothing but my problem...
i apologize. but there is nothing else going on here...

All the enthusiastic and talented users who made pictures with their cameras have one-by-one deserted this place.

There is nothing left here...bugs, flower closeups and vacation snaps..completely uninspiring place. intellectually and artistically...

Tom Caldwell wrote:

Well sorry if I have been boring .. There is not a lot to talk about with few releases from Ricoh - any other forum on dpreview will "die" between product releases - the extent of the death is directly proportional to the gap in releases. That is a fact of forums.

Some of us try to be constructive. But don't toddle off as it would be admitting defeat on your part, I would rather you use your undoubted literary skills in padding up the forum with your five posts per week. No doubt you can find some useful things to say. It would be nicer to play the ball rather than the man, but I can handle it if you choose otherwise.

-- hide signature --

Tom Caldwell

FFF Regular Member • Posts: 352
Re: insanity etc (apologize but this is INDEED last post)

rondom,

unless they are impolite or offensive.

All the enthusiastic and talented users who made pictures with their cameras have one-by-one deserted this place.

There is nothing left here...bugs, flower closeups and vacation snaps..completely uninspiring place. intellectually and artistically...

well, that speaks for itself, i'd say

Karl

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads