Some youth soccer photos from today + indoors earlier

Started Jun 3, 2012 | Discussions
micksh6
micksh6 Senior Member • Posts: 2,613
Some youth soccer photos from today + indoors earlier

Season ended today, so no more for me until fall. Just so you know that m4/3 can shoot action sport too.

1. Young sceptic

2. Let's see what you've got

Two "punch in the face" shots. See the fists on the right side. Faces are close because of "m4/3 DOF equivalency". I hate these words but I'm not going to carry anything larger than Pen or OM-D because larger stuff won't fit on my belt.

Few more.

Indoors in next post

micksh6's gear list:micksh6's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm F4-5.6 R +6 more
wolfie
wolfie Veteran Member • Posts: 3,938
My E-P3 can do that too!

Just 'cos it aint a DSLR doesnt mean an E-P3 can't handle action photography ...

-- hide signature --

Shoot the Light fantastic

wolfie's gear list:wolfie's gear list
Canon G7 X II Nikon 1 AW1 Olympus E-M5 II Olympus E-M1 II Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Pro +2 more
micksh6
OP micksh6 Senior Member • Posts: 2,613
Re: My E-P3 can do that too!

wolfie wrote:

Just 'cos it aint a DSLR doesnt mean an E-P3 can't handle action photography ...

That's really cool shot!

My main problems are that second-graders rarely do spectacular moves that we can see on FIFA World Cup. And if they do I may fail with zooming, framing, following the game, etc - actually catching the moment. I never shot spot before last year.
You probably know these problems. This one you got just right.

Olympus PEN E-PL5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm F4-5.6 R +6 more
micksh6
OP micksh6 Senior Member • Posts: 2,613
Indoors

This post on Steve Huff's site has been up for almost a month but I never had time to make fun of it.

See it, it's Nikon 1, the world's fastest MILC autofocus camera. Perfectly suited for action shots. You'll never miss a moment with it.

http://www.stevehuffphoto.com/2012/05/05/nikon-v1-for-indoor-sports-by-bradley-husick/

Earlier I made some amateur indoor basketball shots with E-P3 and its 4-year old sensor and I think the Pen can compete.

wolfie
wolfie Veteran Member • Posts: 3,938
Nikon fiasco

The Nikon 1 shot is, to me, is a perfect example of somebody who just fires away and believes the camera is a magician's wand that will overcome the realities of poor light, slow lens, slow shutter speed and small sensor light gathering. Even a pro with a top line N or C battleship with C-AF doesnt just wave his camera around like a machine gun to get money shots.

I haven't looked at Huff's site, but I could hardly imagine this is a Nikon marketing advert!

Whereas your shots show the discipline of someone who knows something about sport, has patience to prepare, pre-focus and take the shot at the decisive moment.

-- hide signature --

Shoot the Light fantastic

wolfie's gear list:wolfie's gear list
Canon G7 X II Nikon 1 AW1 Olympus E-M5 II Olympus E-M1 II Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Pro +2 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads