Played with the 12-35mm today

Started May 26, 2012 | Discussions
peppermonkey Veteran Member • Posts: 4,705
Played with the 12-35mm today

Dropped by the Henry's Exposure show in Mississauga (Canada) today. And they had the preproduction model of the 12-35mm to play with.

Can't say much about it's optical qualities though I did take a few snaps with it on my GF1. Still, haven't looked at the photos taken nor was I trying to take any real test shots.

Was only playing with it for the feel of the lens. And as to that, all I can say is that it feels real nice. Lovely. Damn, if I had the money I'll buy it type feel The focus and zoom rings were very smooth, easy to turn and as we already know, quiet. Though the show was loud so I guess I can't really comment on the noise.
Goes pretty well with my GF1. Now if only I can afford one.

-- hide signature --

Hubert

My cameras: GF1, TZ3, Konica Auto S2, K1000, Yashica Electro 35 GX, Recesky and my wife's old K110D

http://www.flickr.com/photos/peppermonkey/

peppermonkey's gear list:peppermonkey's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ3 Sigma DP2 Sony RX100 II Pentax K110D Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 +11 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Aleo Veuliah
MOD Aleo Veuliah Forum Pro • Posts: 14,659
Re: Played with the 12-35mm today

peppermonkey wrote:

Dropped by the Henry's Exposure show in Mississauga (Canada) today. And they had the preproduction model of the 12-35mm to play with.

Can't say much about it's optical qualities though I did take a few snaps with it on my GF1. Still, haven't looked at the photos taken nor was I trying to take any real test shots.

Was only playing with it for the feel of the lens. And as to that, all I can say is that it feels real nice. Lovely. Damn, if I had the money I'll buy it type feel The focus and zoom rings were very smooth, easy to turn and as we already know, quiet. Though the show was loud so I guess I can't really comment on the noise.

-- hide signature --

Hubert

Yes, it seems really good, and it is not heavy for a lens like that

Wish I could afford one now, but have to think better, and my goal is to have both, 12-35mm and 35-100mm

-- hide signature --

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.

God is the tangential point between zero and infinity.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.

God always take the simplest way.

Aleo Veuliah's gear list:Aleo Veuliah's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS1 Panasonic FZ1000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 +6 more
tt321
tt321 Forum Pro • Posts: 11,595

Aleo Veuliah wrote:

peppermonkey wrote:

-- hide signature --

Hubert

Wish I could afford one now, but have to think better, and my goal is to have both, 12-35mm and 35-100mm

You are mixing your goal with your means. Your goal is to get photographs taken, your means is through the buying of these lenses

OP peppermonkey Veteran Member • Posts: 4,705
Ugg...forgot about the 75mm...

Ugg...totally forgot to check to see if Olympus had the 75mm F1.8 at the show...
Well, be back there on Sunday so will check then.

-- hide signature --

Hubert

My cameras: GF1, TZ3, Konica Auto S2, K1000, Yashica Electro 35 GX, Recesky and my wife's old K110D

Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ3 Sigma DP2 Sony RX100 II Pentax K110D Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 +11 more

tt321 wrote:

You are mixing your goal with your means. Your goal is to get photographs taken, your means is through the buying of these lenses

Lol, yup.

The Henrys camera store has it listed for $1299 CDN currently which is the same price as the 7-14mm. So looking at the US price for the 7-14mm, maybe we'll see the price drop to > $1000 though I think that's just wishful thinking.

BTW, never really noticed it but picked up the 7-14mm for the first time and wow...it's heavy for such a tiny lens...Nice lens though
--
Hubert

photo perzon
photo perzon Veteran Member • Posts: 4,627

Prices are too high in the m4/3 new lenses

photo perzon's gear list:photo perzon's gear list
Olympus Stylus 1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS50 Fujifilm X70 Fujifilm X100F Apple iPhone X
ebosch
ebosch New Member • Posts: 6
Re: Ugg...forgot about the 75mm...

hahaha, too excited for your own good don't you
still, if I were there I would certainly be like a kid in a candy store too
you mean, 2.8 zoom with the size smaller than most kit lenses?
Shut up and take my money!

Re: Ugg...forgot about the 75mm...

Yes very much so lol.

Though I forgot about the 75mm only because it was the first time I got to see and handle the E-M5. Sweet camera. It may not be for me (or rather my wallet, at least not yet) but the little I played with it, it was a really nice camera. And surprisingly the damn big 12-50mm lens...wasn't that damn big. It's still big but I keep on forgetting how small M43 cameras are even though I have one And the battery grip...definitely not for me...just didn't fit my hands right and also made the whole thing way more heavy. But I can see how it would be right for others if it fit their hands comfortably.

ebosch wrote:

hahaha, too excited for your own good don't you
still, if I were there I would certainly be like a kid in a candy store too
you mean, 2.8 zoom with the size smaller than most kit lenses?
Shut up and take my money!

-- hide signature --

Hubert

My cameras: GF1, Fed 2, TZ3, Konica Auto S2, K1000, Yashica Electro 35 GX, Recesky and my wife's old K110D

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads