Love my 200/4 Micro

Started May 15, 2012 | Discussions
(unknown member) Veteran Member • Posts: 4,624
Re: Love my 200/4 Micro Like the gallery too

More nice work in your linked gallery.

-- hide signature --

.....Just from an amateur......''Sometimes it's to your advantage for people to think you're crazy.”

photospots Regular Member • Posts: 156
Re: Love my 200/4 Micro Lovely

These pictures only show that it is a great lens. Make me wonder if this should be one of my new lenses...

-- hide signature --
 photospots's gear list:photospots's gear list
Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED
OP mremonen Regular Member • Posts: 174

Bajerunner wrote:

All are lovely, nice work, but that second one, frosting.... magical!!! Wonderful colors and rendition.

What I am realising and you pointed out above, is that color rendition, etc, is important too, rather than just the sharpness etc that most lens tests seem to focus on.

And when you think that this lens was introduced twenty years ago (-93)... Ok, optics is optics: not much has changed on the law of physics since -93 but Nikon must've done something right at that time.

mremonen's gear list:mremonen's gear list
Sony RX100 III Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony a6000 Nikon D500 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +14 more
OP mremonen Regular Member • Posts: 174

photospots wrote:

These pictures only show that it is a great lens. Make me wonder if this should be one of my new lenses...

If you are in Macro or close-up then I would strongly suggest to get one. With a bit of luck you'd could get these second hand for a reasonable price.

This being "old-school" there is not much what can be broken: if aperture works, it does not have any dust or fungus build-up and the AF/MF-ring is not broken this is as solid as rock: no VR, no AF-S.

mremonen's gear list:mremonen's gear list
Sony RX100 III Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony a6000 Nikon D500 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +14 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads