Weatherproofing? Using the Fuji X100 and/or X Pro 1 in difficult environments...

Started May 14, 2012 | Discussions
travelinbri_74
travelinbri_74 Veteran Member • Posts: 4,022
Weatherproofing? Using the Fuji X100 and/or X Pro 1 in difficult environments...

Has anyone used either of these cameras at altitude or in extremely hot or cold weather? What have been your experiences thus far?

travelinbri_74's gear list:travelinbri_74's gear list
Ricoh GR III Sony a7R III Sony FE 90mm F2.8 macro Sony FE 16-35mm F2.8 Sony FE 24-105mm F4 +9 more
u007 Senior Member • Posts: 1,681
Re: Weatherproofing? Using the Fuji X100 and/or X Pro 1 in difficult environments...

travelinbri_74 wrote:

Has anyone used either of these cameras at altitude or in extremely hot or cold weather? What have been your experiences thus far?

Cold hammers the battery life, which is already terrible. But aside from that I haven't had a problem in hot or cold (down to about -10C with snow)

-- hide signature --

My travel photography blog - http://www.frescoglobe.com

mr moonlight Senior Member • Posts: 1,789
Re: Weatherproofing? Using the Fuji X100 and/or X Pro 1 in difficult environments...

I've used my X100 in a variety of weather from below freezing to over 100 and it's worked fine. Humidity, rain, wind... always worked like a champ. When there's heavy rain, I keep it in it's case, taking it out just to pop off a shot or two. As u007 said, battery life goes down in the cold, so carry plenty of extras. Anyone who owns an X100 is probably used to carrying a couple spares anyways.

allen2oo3 Regular Member • Posts: 184

ive used mine at almost 14,000ft without any problems. for cold weather i'd suggest putting your spare batteries in your pocket or somewhere else to keep them warm.

Northgrove Junior Member • Posts: 29

No problems in -20 Celsius / -5 Fahrenheit where I live, during the past winter. Battery life may suffer temporarily, but that'll happen with all cameras if it's cold.

misterpepper Regular Member • Posts: 123

No probems in desert heat up to 115F. No problems with leaving it in the car on a hot summer day with the windows rolled up either.

Muggestutz
Muggestutz Junior Member • Posts: 33

The Everest cold enough for you? One of Fujifilm's see-what-this-camera-can-do pages: http://www.finepix-x100.com/en/reviews/photographer-hiraide

travelinbri_74
OP travelinbri_74 Veteran Member • Posts: 4,022

Thanks, environments such as Everest and the heat of Iraq (130 and higher at times) is exactly what I was looking for, although would rather hear a user experience than see the add...

Much appreciated for all the testimonials!

-TBri

travelinbri_74's gear list:travelinbri_74's gear list
Ricoh GR III Sony a7R III Sony FE 90mm F2.8 macro Sony FE 16-35mm F2.8 Sony FE 24-105mm F4 +9 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads