Received and possibly returning ANOTHER D800

Started May 10, 2012 | Discussions
Arretose Senior Member • Posts: 1,097
Received and possibly returning ANOTHER D800

I am sorry if those of you that are still waiting for your D800 do not appreciate this post, I understand how frustrating it can be to wait for something in such high demand. Or those of you that are tired of the whole AF issue. Please pass on this post if you fall in above said categories.

Another D800 has arrived at my door today, and it also has left AF focus issues, like ALL of the others I have returned. I was hoping Nikon would have adjusted their production in order to fix this problem by now. While I understand that some of you might not agree with returning new purchased electronics, may I remind you that Nikon supplied a defective unit, and the retailers sold it to me in said condition. This is why retailers have return policies- for defective products. IF they could provide me with a D800 that has NO AF issues, like some people report getting, then I would be happy and content with my purchase. But this has not been my experience with the D800 in numerous experiences.

I find it hard to believe that there are people out there that have camera's that are not affected by this AF issue. Either they haven't checked, or are unaware.

To those of you that sent your D800 back to Nikon- does Nikon just fine tune each of the focal points or are they actually replacing faulty AF parts? I have seen conflicting posts suggesting that their invoice shows either or. I contemplate whether the "software" fix is just a patch for a faulty AF (broken hardware) or not.

Also, are we past the debacle of people sending in their D800's to Nikon, paying to ship/insurance, and waiting a few weeks, only to get their camera back and not fixed?

mrwilkins Forum Member • Posts: 70
Re: Received and possibly returning ANOTHER D800

Arretose wrote:

I find it hard to believe that there are people out there that have camera's that are not affected by this AF issue. Either they haven't checked, or are unaware.

There are some D800 owners who have performed accurate tests that yield no problem. Sure, it's a very real issue, but you have no basis to say that 100% of the cameras are affected.

To those of you that sent your D800 back to Nikon- does Nikon just fine tune each of the focal points or are they actually replacing faulty AF parts? I have seen conflicting posts suggesting that their invoice shows either or. I contemplate whether the "software" fix is just a patch for a faulty AF (broken hardware) or not.

Note that the manufacturing process for this type of AF system involves (and requires!) a software calibration for accurate results, because it's a system that gets no feedback from the imaging part of the camera. It's quite possible that the firmware provides enough control to correct the problem.

Also, are we past the debacle of people sending in their D800's to Nikon, paying to ship/insurance, and waiting a few weeks, only to get their camera back and not fixed?

This may be a problem that the repair facility finds difficult to identify with their routine test procedures. In this case, it might help a lot for the owner of the camera to include such things as a written procedure for replicating the problem, some test images, and probably the lens with which the issue occurred.

I personally have not yet conducted a well-controlled test on my D800, but I can tell already that, if there is a problem, it's not as severe as some of those described (and documented with pictures) in this forum. This tells me that there's some variation, which is what I'd expect for something that's probably essentially a software calibration problem.

OP Arretose Senior Member • Posts: 1,097
Re: Received and possibly returning ANOTHER D800

Thanks for your feedback.
--
Chris
http://www.flickr.com/photos/crossphotography/

ocean7 Regular Member • Posts: 201
Re: Received and possibly returning ANOTHER D800

Same here, unfortunately. My 3rd D800 came in today. It has the same left AF issue as the previous two, so it will need to go back as well.

Also, the dealer where I returned the 2nd camera sent me a note that they showed the issue to a Nikon tech who was visiting, he agreed the camera has a focus issue and needs to go back to Nikon. So I'm not imagining things.

The first camera I got I actually first sent to Nikon service, but it came back with the same issue, so then I returned it to the dealer.

Robin Casady Forum Pro • Posts: 12,898
What I've gathered from reports here...

There was a report from Europe that the AF problem was fixed by software the service center downloaded from Nikon a few days ago. I got the impression that this was calibration software, not camera firmware. So, this issue may just be getting resolved at Nikon.

I wonder what Nikon does with the cameras that are returned for replacement, rather than for repair?
--
Robin Casady
http://www.robincasady.com/Photo/index.html

vincent__l Regular Member • Posts: 336
Re: Received and possibly returning ANOTHER D800

what's the serial number ?

Arretose wrote:

I am sorry if those of you that are still waiting for your D800 do not appreciate this post, I understand how frustrating it can be to wait for something in such high demand. Or those of you that are tired of the whole AF issue. Please pass on this post if you fall in above said categories.

Another D800 has arrived at my door today, and it also has left AF focus issues, like ALL of the others I have returned. I was hoping Nikon would have adjusted their production in order to fix this problem by now. While I understand that some of you might not agree with returning new purchased electronics, may I remind you that Nikon supplied a defective unit, and the retailers sold it to me in said condition. This is why retailers have return policies- for defective products. IF they could provide me with a D800 that has NO AF issues, like some people report getting, then I would be happy and content with my purchase. But this has not been my experience with the D800 in numerous experiences.

I find it hard to believe that there are people out there that have camera's that are not affected by this AF issue. Either they haven't checked, or are unaware.

To those of you that sent your D800 back to Nikon- does Nikon just fine tune each of the focal points or are they actually replacing faulty AF parts? I have seen conflicting posts suggesting that their invoice shows either or. I contemplate whether the "software" fix is just a patch for a faulty AF (broken hardware) or not.

Also, are we past the debacle of people sending in their D800's to Nikon, paying to ship/insurance, and waiting a few weeks, only to get their camera back and not fixed?

Clayton1985 Veteran Member • Posts: 6,937
Re: Received and possibly returning ANOTHER D800

I would absolutely return it and let the dealer and Nikon sort it out. I bought a defective D7000 when they first came out and immediately returned it. After things settled down a few months later I bought another D7000 that worked perfectly. During that time I watched many D7000 owners struggle with shipping to Nikon, waiting, sometimes receive a camera that still wasn't fixed, etc. I'm not interested in going through that with a $3000 camera.

larrywilson
larrywilson Veteran Member • Posts: 5,937
Re: Received and possibly returning ANOTHER D800

Thats one reason why I will wait for the problems to be ironed out. I purchased my d3s almost a year after they came out and have had no problems. I just shipped a Nikon 500mm f4.0 vrII lens back to b & h because of front focus problem that I couldn't af fine tune out, I went to a +20 and still had a little front focus. This leaves me without a long lens for at least three weeks because of a defective lens that I have already been charged.

I am wondering if the competition against Nikon is making them produce a new product too fast without throughly testing the designs.

Larry

 larrywilson's gear list:larrywilson's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon D500 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.8G Nikon 24mm F1.8G ED Zeiss Milvus 50mm F2 Macro +6 more
Tony Beach Veteran Member • Posts: 9,945
Re: Received and possibly returning ANOTHER D800

Arretose wrote:

I find it hard to believe that there are people out there that have camera's that are not affected by this AF issue. Either they haven't checked, or are unaware.

Then count Thom Hogan as one of them, as he has not seen it in three copies he's tried.

Also, are we past the debacle of people sending in their D800's to Nikon, paying to ship/insurance, and waiting a few weeks, only to get their camera back and not fixed?

It has been my experience in situations like this that I can get Nikon to send me a pre-paid shipping label to use when re-sending the camera to them.

 Tony Beach's gear list:Tony Beach's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.8G Nikon AF Nikkor 105mm f/2D DC +3 more
Clayton1985 Veteran Member • Posts: 6,937
Re: Received and possibly returning ANOTHER D800

If I did not have the option to return then I would wait as well. Also, I should mention that my D800 does not have any of the reported issues so you just never know.

JoeR
JoeR Senior Member • Posts: 1,963
Re: Received and possibly returning ANOTHER D800
-- hide signature --

Realy. Have you considered counciling for compulsive disoreder.

joer56

dark goob Contributing Member • Posts: 980
Re: Received and possibly returning ANOTHER D800

Protip: don't use the left AF point.

Wait a month or two until Nikon announces a true fix. I mean, don't ... y'know ... be a guinea pig for Nikon's repair dept.

Because maybe they issue a firmware fix in two weeks and then you saved yourself a lot of trouble. Just use the working AF points until the fix comes out.

Remeber when the Canon 7D came out and it had tons of issues with the AF? Then a firmware update fixed it. Whadya know.

Don't make a mountain out of a molehill, especially not on the beach before the tide comes in...

 dark goob's gear list:dark goob's gear list
Olympus E-M1
OP Arretose Senior Member • Posts: 1,097
Re: Received and possibly returning ANOTHER D800

Seriously? Have you considered a tutor for your bad spelling?

JoeR wrote:

-- hide signature --

Realy. Have you considered counciling for compulsive disoreder.

joer56

OP Arretose Senior Member • Posts: 1,097
Re: Received and possibly returning ANOTHER D800

3006xxx

vincent_ l wrote:
what's the serial number ?

Arretose wrote:

I am sorry if those of you that are still waiting for your D800 do not appreciate this post, I understand how frustrating it can be to wait for something in such high demand. Or those of you that are tired of the whole AF issue. Please pass on this post if you fall in above said categories.

Another D800 has arrived at my door today, and it also has left AF focus issues, like ALL of the others I have returned. I was hoping Nikon would have adjusted their production in order to fix this problem by now. While I understand that some of you might not agree with returning new purchased electronics, may I remind you that Nikon supplied a defective unit, and the retailers sold it to me in said condition. This is why retailers have return policies- for defective products. IF they could provide me with a D800 that has NO AF issues, like some people report getting, then I would be happy and content with my purchase. But this has not been my experience with the D800 in numerous experiences.

I find it hard to believe that there are people out there that have camera's that are not affected by this AF issue. Either they haven't checked, or are unaware.

To those of you that sent your D800 back to Nikon- does Nikon just fine tune each of the focal points or are they actually replacing faulty AF parts? I have seen conflicting posts suggesting that their invoice shows either or. I contemplate whether the "software" fix is just a patch for a faulty AF (broken hardware) or not.

Also, are we past the debacle of people sending in their D800's to Nikon, paying to ship/insurance, and waiting a few weeks, only to get their camera back and not fixed?

OP Arretose Senior Member • Posts: 1,097
Re: Received and possibly returning ANOTHER D800

Good points Tony. Hearing that people do not have D800 issues is what makes me hope that one of these returns will work out!

Tony Beach wrote:

Arretose wrote:

I find it hard to believe that there are people out there that have camera's that are not affected by this AF issue. Either they haven't checked, or are unaware.

Then count Thom Hogan as one of them, as he has not seen it in three copies he's tried.

Also, are we past the debacle of people sending in their D800's to Nikon, paying to ship/insurance, and waiting a few weeks, only to get their camera back and not fixed?

It has been my experience in situations like this that I can get Nikon to send me a pre-paid shipping label to use when re-sending the camera to them.

mlmusto Senior Member • Posts: 2,084
what did they SAY the problem was (or what they thought)?

i assume you asked their opinion.

mine is spot on - nonscientific test of all AF sensors using 24MM and 50/1.4.
--
http://mlmusto.zenfolio.com/

 mlmusto's gear list:mlmusto's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Nikon D700 Nikon D800 Zeiss Touit 50mm F2.8 Nikon AF-S 105mm F1.4E ED
zzzzzzzzzzz Senior Member • Posts: 2,571
Re: Received and possibly returning ANOTHER D800

How many D800s have you tried and returned?

The camera has been out for less than 2 months. If you are waiting for a factory fix I'd expect to be waiting longer than that.

Arretose wrote:

Another D800 has arrived at my door today, and it also has left AF focus issues, like ALL of the others I have returned. I was hoping Nikon would have adjusted their production in order to fix this problem by now.

 zzzzzzzzzzz's gear list:zzzzzzzzzzz's gear list
Nikon D800 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3 Nikon D5500 Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.8G +15 more
OP Arretose Senior Member • Posts: 1,097
Re: Received and possibly returning ANOTHER D800

I would be specific about the number, but some people don't like it when I am, so I have tried and returned more than 4 and less than 93 Nikon d800's.

; )

zzzzzzzzzzz wrote:
How many D800s have you tried and returned?

The camera has been out for less than 2 months. If you are waiting for a factory fix I'd expect to be waiting longer than that.

Arretose wrote:

Another D800 has arrived at my door today, and it also has left AF focus issues, like ALL of the others I have returned. I was hoping Nikon would have adjusted their production in order to fix this problem by now.

zzzzzzzzzzz Senior Member • Posts: 2,571
Re: Received and possibly returning ANOTHER D800

I'm surprised they have that much stock for you and are willing to keep accepting returns.

 zzzzzzzzzzz's gear list:zzzzzzzzzzz's gear list
Nikon D800 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3 Nikon D5500 Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.8G +15 more
Dominique Dierick Veteran Member • Posts: 4,494
Re: Received and possibly returning ANOTHER D800

That's a bunch of cameras to try out :(. Can you share the test images you obtained to see to what extend the different cameras were impacted by the issue? Did you use multiple lenses to test or one?

-- hide signature --

Nikon NPS member
D3s/D800/450D-IR/60Da/LX5

 Dominique Dierick's gear list:Dominique Dierick's gear list
Fujifilm X100S
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads