X-Pro1 & Tamron SP90 Macro

Started May 5, 2012 | Discussions
PG Thomas Contributing Member • Posts: 688
X-Pro1 & Tamron SP90 Macro

Some insect shots tken today.

Whilst the SP90 is good, the sheer resolution achieved by the X-Pro is remarkable.

These are crops of the original JPG's Mostly at 800ASA. SP90 at F5.6/8

PG Thomas's gear list:PG Thomas's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F100fd Fujifilm X10 Pentax K20D Pentax K-1 Fujifilm X-T2 +17 more
Fujifilm X-Pro1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-F5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Mark Carr Senior Member • Posts: 2,384
Re: X-Pro1 & Tamron SP90 Macro

Hi,

Nice series of pics. What adapter are you using to be able to use the Tamron 90mm macro? If you can match that lens with the Fuji why can't you match every other lens? Just wondering.

Thanks.

Mark

OP PG Thomas Contributing Member • Posts: 688

Mark Carr wrote:

Hi,

Nice series of pics. What adapter are you using to be able to use the Tamron 90mm macro? If you can match that lens with the Fuji why can't you match every other lens? Just wondering.

Hi Mark

I'm using the KIPON PK-FX adapter (Fuji X mount to Pentax K). It's compley manual but non the wors for that as you can use the 10X mag in EVF to focus. Here I was concentrating on the Hover fly's eye and you can resolve the eye segments in the photo. This is a tighter crop.

Note that I was on something like a 3:1 at the time, and you normaly don't see this level of detail until you are under 2:1 or even 1:1. I.e. you wouldn't get the flower in the image as well.

Quite remarkable.

Fujifilm FinePix F100fd Fujifilm X10 Pentax K20D Pentax K-1 Fujifilm X-T2 +17 more
Mark Carr Senior Member • Posts: 2,384

Hi,

Remarkable close-up, terrific detail. I have the Tamron 90mm 2.5 AF that I use with the Fuji S3, it is a terrific lens in spite of the fact that it needs an extension tube to reach 1:1. Are adapters available for Nikon lenses as well? I don't mind manually focusing at all, most of the lenses I use are the AIS type, so I'm used to it.

Thanks for your time and best of luck with that combo, which looks to be fantastic.

Regards,

Mark

OP PG Thomas Contributing Member • Posts: 688

And it's just a crop of the above shots!

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads