NYC with the Fuji x pro 1

Started Apr 25, 2012 | Discussions
DocWing Regular Member • Posts: 234
NYC with the Fuji x pro 1

Hi Folks,

Just spent yesterday afternoon shooting in beautiful and hectic NYC. I took a workshop class from Markus Hartel, one of my favorite street photographer's as I am usually very shy about getting close to those I am shooting. Markus had great tips and by the end of the 3 hour workshop, I was feeling much more confident.

The first was taken serendipitously as I just looked up and I said to myself 'snap"

The following photo intrigued me as I loved the image I saw through the glass and then this gent walked right next to it. I moved to get closer to him something I would normally be averse to do.

With the following photo, I just moved vert close to her and as I was taking the photo she noticed me and gave me the look you see.

This final photo is of a woman shooting video on 47th Street with a iPad. I loved the expression on her face so...

Enjoy and let me know what you think.

Ed

sescobedo Forum Member • Posts: 52
Re: NYC with the Fuji x pro 1

Man that camera and lens suck! JK

I am sure it took a lot of courage to go out of your comfort zone and take those shots.. I just bought the 18mm lens for a 3 day NYC trip with my wife for wide angle shots like this on the street and I am sure excited about it.
Cheers.

Jeff Roisman New Member • Posts: 18

Good teacher. Good student. Nice work all around.

OP DocWing Regular Member • Posts: 234

She will love the 18mm (really 27mm) lens for street photography. Though I love this lens, I, myself, prefer the true 35 mm focal length for street work and look forward to the release of the 23mm (really 35mm) lens later this year. In the meantime, however, am loving shooting with the 18!

Thanks for the kind words, Jeff. Markus is indeed a good teacher and I hope that I can continue to heed his good advice even when I am shooting on my own.

Jeff Roisman wrote:

Good teacher. Good student. Nice work all around.

Any other feedback? Pointers?

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads