Aperture 4 coming

Started Apr 19, 2012 | Discussions
Jonathan Robson Contributing Member • Posts: 877
Aperture 4 coming

Probably I am just late to this news, but thought I'd do a google search for Aperture 4 to see if there was any info about its release and up popped this book to be released in July & August...

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/apple-aperture-4-john-lewell/1109129362

http://www.amazon.com/Apple-Aperture-Unleashing-Your-Photo/dp/1133788904/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1334801201&sr=8-1

Anyone have any other info. on Aperture 4?

Cheers
Jonathan

-- hide signature --

'When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown in
to the sea.' - Eric Cantona

http://jrobfoto.com

Jonathan Robson's gear list:Jonathan Robson's gear list
Sony a6000 Sony a7R II Leica M Typ 240 Fujifilm X-Pro2 Sigma 150mm F2.8 EX DG Macro HSM +19 more
webfrasse Veteran Member • Posts: 3,917
Re: Aperture 4 coming

Sorry, can't disclose any details...

Jonathan Robson wrote:

Probably I am just late to this news, but thought I'd do a google search for Aperture 4 to see if there was any info about its release and up popped this book to be released in July & August...

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/apple-aperture-4-john-lewell/1109129362

http://www.amazon.com/Apple-Aperture-Unleashing-Your-Photo/dp/1133788904/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1334801201&sr=8-1

Anyone have any other info. on Aperture 4?

Cheers
Jonathan

-- hide signature --

Mikael

SithTracy
SithTracy Regular Member • Posts: 364

I would guess that and a new iWorks will come alongside Mountain Lion.

SithTracy's gear list:SithTracy's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Fujifilm X100T Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm X-Pro2 Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM +20 more
Steve Ives Senior Member • Posts: 1,286

webfrasse wrote:

Sorry, can't disclose any details...

Same here.

Steve

Steve Ives's gear list:Steve Ives's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Canon PowerShot G10 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F707 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-P7 Canon EOS-1Ds Mark II +13 more
Johanfoto Veteran Member • Posts: 3,763

Publishers often make an 'educated guess' about new software, and so about new books about such software. They think that there may be an update soon (which is not so hard to imagine), and so they already planned a new book, without knowing any real details (Apple is not in the habit of telling these things). That's how these pre-announcements come to life. It doesn't have to mean anything whatsoever.

The same thing happened to me with Aperture 3. In December 2009 I agreed with my publisher to update my Aperture book if and when Aperture 3 was launched. A few weeks later I suddenly read all over the internet (including in this forum) that my new Aperture 3 book was 'to be published in March 2010', even though I had not agreed on any date (I couldn't, because I didn't know the details either). It seemed that everybody knew my book was going to be published within two months, except me...

Amazon also had a pre-announcement of an ' Aperture X ' book long before Aperture 3 was launched... That 'X' is just a place holder, showing you how much they really know.

-- hide signature --
Mustafa Senior Member • Posts: 1,327

Johanfoto wrote:

Publishers often make an 'educated guess' about new software, and so about new books about such software. They think that there may be an update soon (which is not so hard to imagine), and so they already planned a new book, without knowing any real details (Apple is not in the habit of telling these things). That's how these pre-announcements come to life. It doesn't have to mean anything whatsoever.

Amazon also had a pre-announcement of an ' Aperture X ' book long before Aperture 3 was launched... That 'X' is just a place holder, showing you how much they really know.

Although the presence in this case of the author's and publisher's names and an ISBN number seem to add credence.........

There have also been big hints from people like Rich Harrington and Derrick Story who are probably in the know. The product's definitely coming, the only question is when.

maljo@inreach.com Veteran Member • Posts: 7,605
Thanks for that!

At least we know the product line isn't dead.
I still prefer Aperture 3 to Lightroom 4 or Capture 1 Pro 6, all of which
I own.

maljo

maljo@inreach.com's gear list:maljo@inreach.com's gear list
Nikon D850 Olympus E-M1 Nikon D500
maljo@inreach.com Veteran Member • Posts: 7,605
How could he write and publish a book in two months?

My belief is the book is well underway.

maljo

maljo@inreach.com's gear list:maljo@inreach.com's gear list
Nikon D850 Olympus E-M1 Nikon D500
OP Jonathan Robson Contributing Member • Posts: 877
Re: Thanks for that!

If they add camera profiles, lens corrections and grad filters (AP3 should have had this!), better print layout capabilities AP4 would be a slam dunk because you're right, most things in AP3 are still way ahead of LR4, take the local adjustments and multiple bricks for example...

-- hide signature --

'When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown in
to the sea.' - Eric Cantona

http://jrobfoto.com

Jonathan Robson's gear list:Jonathan Robson's gear list
Sony a6000 Sony a7R II Leica M Typ 240 Fujifilm X-Pro2 Sigma 150mm F2.8 EX DG Macro HSM +19 more
Peter Rongsted Senior Member • Posts: 1,641
Re: Thanks for that!

maljo@inreach.com wrote:

At least we know the product line isn't dead.

All we really know is that the publisher thinks/hopes that Aperture 4 will come out this summer.

Peter

Peter Rongsted's gear list:Peter Rongsted's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus E-500 Nikon D700 +35 more
Johanfoto Veteran Member • Posts: 3,763

Mustafa wrote:

Johanfoto wrote:

Although the presence in this case of the author's and publisher's names and an ISBN number seem to add credence.........

No, it doesn't. In my case that same information was published. It simply means they pre-announced that they expect to publish this book. But that expectation may be based on nothing more than a hunch. As soon as a publisher plans to publish a book, they will get an ISBN number for it. It doesn't mean anything else. I can tell you right now that I also expect to publish an update to my Aperture book. If and when Aperture 4 is launched, I will start working on it.

There have also been big hints from people like Rich Harrington and Derrick Story who are probably in the know. The product's definitely coming, the only question is when.

That's exactly what I said. Of course it's very likely that Aperture 4 will come out one day. But this book place holder does not prove what day that will be.

-- hide signature --
AlaskaSteph New Member • Posts: 1

Hiya,

Those links in the last to comment posts don't work. There seems to be a black hole on google when you search for Aperture 4. Since it's long over due for an upgrade, it seems to me that they may not actually be upgrading it. Or, perhaps, they are and are just late in putting it out. Usually, Apple will announce the discontinuation of an old product with the release of a new one...Of course except in the case of iWeb, they just said Dreamweaver was replacing it. That was a sad day, I still haven't found a web site building program that is user friendly for the HTML illiterate.

Doug R Senior Member • Posts: 1,471
Aperture 4 may not be coming after all.

11 months and still no Aperture 4.

-- hide signature --

Doug

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads