Damn you fuji

Started Apr 18, 2012 | Discussions
southpaw74
southpaw74 Regular Member • Posts: 475
Damn you fuji

Come may I was going to buy myself a new camera, which will be either a d300s/d700 with a prime.
Budget being £1800ish.

Then came the x-pro 1.

I must say I do love the results I see from this camera, I also love the retro looks, along with the x100.

I'm no pro, I do love taking good pics of the family, and I love my gear as much as the results you get.
I mean I like the camera to look and feel its worth.

Think I can live with the slower AF.

Mmm what to do.

Fujifilm FinePix X100 Nikon D300S
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
smatty Senior Member • Posts: 1,994
Re: Damn you fuji

The D700 is more versatile. But will you always carry it with you when you're out with the family?

I pretty much never leave the house without one of my Fuji X cameras. They're light with great IQ. My family pictures in the past 12 Month where done 95% with Fuji X10, X100 or X-Pro 1

But I do have a FF DSLR for those times when the Fuji X's are not the best tool: strobist flash with Highspeed sync, fast action (AF) or extreme shallow dof...

Cheers,
Smatty

Homepage => http://www.PhotosdeLux.com
Recent Flickr Photos => http://www.flickr.com/photos/internationalphotos/

smatty's gear list:smatty's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X10 Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm X100T Canon EOS 5D +18 more
usinare Regular Member • Posts: 425

when you get the x-pro1, your slr usage will drop significantly.

-- hide signature --

Canon 5D, 16-35L, 24-70L, 70-200 L/IS

RealXenuis Senior Member • Posts: 1,153

Sounds to me like you already know what to do...

Danny Chua Regular Member • Posts: 206

Same here. First Fuji X-Pro1, like the retro look, picture quality, sharp and fast prime lenses. Then came Olympus OMD EM-5, similar retro look, fast focus, water-resistant, 5-axis IS, low noise, 13 stop DR (but doubted)...Next came D800/D800E, full frame, 36mp, highest DxO score (I have been using D300 for years)..

Guess what, I went for X-Pro1 and no regret. The image quality is....fantastic.
Danny

Danny Chua's gear list:Danny Chua's gear list
Canon PowerShot G7 Fujifilm X10 Nikon D300 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Fujifilm X-Pro1 +3 more
southpaw74
OP southpaw74 Regular Member • Posts: 475

To be honest if I like the built quality I may well make the purchase, as soon as I can get my hands on it I'll have to hold back.

smatty Senior Member • Posts: 1,994

usinare wrote:

when you get the x-pro1, your slr usage will drop significantly.

Even the X100 already took care of that

Cheers,
Smatty

Homepage => http://www.PhotosdeLux.com
Recent Flickr Photos => http://www.flickr.com/photos/internationalphotos/

smatty's gear list:smatty's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X10 Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm X100T Canon EOS 5D +18 more
HetFotoAtelier
HetFotoAtelier Contributing Member • Posts: 579

Thats correct!
I use Nikon D3 and D3x and soon D800 in studio, but on the street
first for one year the fuji x100 and now since 3 weeks the X-pro1
and now second week in Tokyo with it, I LOVE THE X-PRO1.

http://www.fotoapparatuur.nl/Foto/81570/Men_on_a_rooftop_Tokyo

HetFotoAtelier's gear list:HetFotoAtelier's gear list
Nikon AF Nikkor 105mm f/2D DC Nikon D1 Leica M9 Nikon D800 Leica M-P (Typ 240) +8 more
Vernon Church Regular Member • Posts: 307

I have an X100 which I LOVE, despite the slower than dslr autofocus etc. I was able to briefly play with an XPro-1 last week and it seems to offer a significant improvement in autofocus, features and usability. Macro AF alone is vastly better. And I haven'y yet seen or heard of a camera that can beat it's IQ.

-- hide signature --

-Vernon

Vernon Church's gear list:Vernon Church's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 35mm F2 R WR Fujifilm XF 23mm F2 R WR
Robert Holloway
Robert Holloway Veteran Member • Posts: 3,916

I've had the XP1 for about a week and have not taken a shot with the Canon DSLRs

I keep sitting in front of my 27' monitor. Looking at shots and being in awe of what this camera delivers. If i was as good a photographer as this camera is an image making machine....

Rob

southpaw74 wrote:

Come may I was going to buy myself a new camera, which will be either a d300s/d700 with a prime.
Budget being £1800ish.

Then came the x-pro 1.

I must say I do love the results I see from this camera, I also love the retro looks, along with the x100.

I'm no pro, I do love taking good pics of the family, and I love my gear as much as the results you get.
I mean I like the camera to look and feel its worth.

Think I can live with the slower AF.

Mmm what to do.

Robert Holloway's gear list:Robert Holloway's gear list
Sony Alpha a7R II Canon EF 135mm F2L USM Canon EF 200mm f/2.8L II USM Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Rokinon 14mm F2.8 IF ED MC +12 more
Jose V. Sumaquial, MD Regular Member • Posts: 182

Ditto that! I have rarely used my D300s since getting the X100. It is because I have the camera with me! Much, much more portable!

-- hide signature --

Joe
---------------------------------------------------------------------
http://docjoe.smugmug.com

southpaw74

I totally agree about the having the camera with you thing.

I'm pretty much sold on the idea, however if it has a built quality of a toy then I'll be buy Nikon again.

southpaw74

well just got back from jessops, having had a little play with the x pro 1.

built quality wise i think i will be more then happy with, and no i doesn't feel like a toy. just my first thoughts when people mention the weight of it.

im more excited now, just going to wait for 2nd batch deliveries now and the price to drop, well hope so.

Alfred Saulo Regular Member • Posts: 209

just my 3rd day with the X Pro1 and I am loving this thing more and more.... coming from Canon DSLR's, I am not missing the bulk... I am more free to just pick up and shoot with the XP1. I went to my local camera store to play around with it. Put in my own sd card and started shooting in the store.... kind of quirky at first but when I got home and saw the images, I was blown away. Ordered it from Amazon the next day for next day delivery. Now here I am.... wallet a lot lighter but looking forward to more "shooting". I just wish Adobe would pick up the pace and support the RAW files from the XP1 for lightroom.... here's a quick pic that I took the night I got my XP1.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads