finepix software

Started Apr 11, 2012 | Discussions
Moxi
Moxi Regular Member • Posts: 231
finepix software

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Hi all,

My X-S1 came with the Finepix software, in my view it is rather crappy and less useful than free software like Picasa or Faststone.

I have downloaded Finepix for the Exif image information. Other software programs provide basic settings like shutter speed, aperture, ISO, and mostly the wrong focal length, but not shooting modes and EXR settings for specific camera brands.

Does anyone know of a software program which offers the exact Exif data for different camera brands?

Cheers
Moxi, Australia

Moxi's gear list:Moxi's gear list
Canon PowerShot G11 Fujifilm X-S1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G X Vario PZ 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS +4 more
Fujifilm X-S1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
infraRaven Contributing Member • Posts: 503
Re: finepix software

Do you know PhotoME? It shows a lot but not all.
The finepix software is really not good.

Billx08 Forum Pro • Posts: 11,373

Moxi wrote:

Hi all,

My X-S1 came with the Finepix software, in my view it is rather crappy and less useful than free software like Picasa or Faststone.

I have downloaded Finepix for the Exif image information. Other software programs provide basic settings like shutter speed, aperture, ISO, and mostly the wrong focal length, but not shooting modes and EXR settings for specific camera brands.

Does anyone know of a software program which offers the exact Exif data for different camera brands?

ExifTool shows about everything there is to see in Fuji's EXIF data, including IPTC and XMP information and the manufacturer's Maker Notes. As it's a command line driven program, most people use ExifTool GUI to give it a user-friendly graphical interface.

VictorZ Contributing Member • Posts: 528

Moxi,

FinePix is ... well, I'll be kind and just say that IMO it's rather "less than fine". Of course, feel free to choose your own descriptive adjective.

As for getting at the EXIF info ... Try EXIFTool and the accompanying EXIFTool GUI which makes the former (a command line utility) much more user friendly. It does show things like DR settings, EXR Modes, WB fine tuning settings, focus mode, focus point location, etc. under the maker notes.

Get it here: http://www.sno.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/ ... then scroll to the bottom of the page for GUI program and other add ons and related utilities.

-- hide signature --

Victor Z

VictorZ Contributing Member • Posts: 528

beat me to the answer by a TWO SECONDS! Damn, google search for the link slowed me down.
--
Victor Z

Billx08 Forum Pro • Posts: 11,373

VictorZ wrote:

beat me to the answer by a TWO SECONDS! Damn, google search for the link slowed me down.

I could sense you approaching. That's why I didn't have time to add the link.

alexisgreat Veteran Member • Posts: 6,459
Re: Irfanview

I'd like to put a vote in for irfanview. This shows most of the exif data, including DR values and macro mode, and also tells you how many colors are in your image, among many other features. Very powerful for a free program! Make sure to get the plugins exe along with the program!
--
http://Alex_the_GREAT.photoshop.com

alexisgreat's gear list:alexisgreat's gear list
Olympus C-7070 Wide Zoom Fujifilm FinePix HS20 EXR Fujifilm FinePix HS50 EXR Olympus E-520 Olympus PEN E-PL6 +3 more
Moxi
OP Moxi Regular Member • Posts: 231
Exif software

Hi all,

Thank you very much for your replies. I will try the suggested software.

Cheers
Moxi Australia

Moxi's gear list:Moxi's gear list
Canon PowerShot G11 Fujifilm X-S1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G X Vario PZ 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS +4 more
Pixto New Member • Posts: 23

look at XnView
http://www.xnview.org

its free for non-commercial use, aware of fujifilm exif particulars, and supports many makers RAW formats.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads