Optech back to back rear lens cap - Leica M mount

Started Apr 3, 2012 | Discussions
oly Forum Member • Posts: 70
Optech back to back rear lens cap - Leica M mount

Just wanted to share - I have just started using the Op/tech (Newpro) rear double lens cap for my 25 35 50 Zeiss ZM & 15 Voigtlander VM lenses on my 5N.

They make it for several different types of mounts...You might want to check it out for your legacy lenses.

http://www.optech-europe.com/optech-lens-mount-caps.html

Seems to work fine...Lenses now fit in my bag without bashing into each over.

The cap has a rubber O ring, Lenses fit quite tight and secure...I would add it is best to attach not at infinity focus as the rear of some lenses (not all) can hit the plastic partition.

uuronl Senior Member • Posts: 1,671
Re: Optech back to back rear lens cap - Leica M mount

Neat. Thanks for sharing.

uuronl's gear list:uuronl's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Nikon D800
Rich Gibson
Rich Gibson Veteran Member • Posts: 3,378

I did that with two Sony rear caps and some sticky velcro. It's just to the left of the NEX-5N That's a Voigtlander 35mm f/1.4 and the 16mm/WAA kit.

OP oly Forum Member • Posts: 70

Thats a good idea Rich...I might try super gluing 2 plastic caps back to back (I personally would prefer a more solid connection) ...That way I wouldn't have to worry about them pulling apart when I withdrew them from my camera compartment or where the focus was set.
Although adding a rubber O ring would be harder to over come.
Many thanks Barry

blue_skies
blue_skies Forum Pro • Posts: 11,532

I have been supergluing lens caps for a while. It works really well. There is no need for rubber O rings. By supergluing E mount lens caps, I can mix and match lenses.

oly wrote:

Thats a good idea Rich...I might try super gluing 2 plastic caps back to back (I personally would prefer a more solid connection) ...That way I wouldn't have to worry about them pulling apart when I withdrew them from my camera compartment or where the focus was set.
Although adding a rubber O ring would be harder to over come.
Many thanks Barry

-- hide signature --

Cheers,
Henry

blue_skies's gear list:blue_skies's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony a6000 Sony a5100 Sony Alpha a7 II Sony Alpha a7R II +36 more
OP oly Forum Member • Posts: 70

Many thanks blue_skies for the confirmation...It is always nice if someone has tried it first...Like you say you can mix and match different types of mounts.
Cheers Barry

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads