Been trying out the X10...

Started Mar 18, 2012 | Discussions
danny_only Forum Pro • Posts: 11,115
Re: Hi Amin, I remember you took excellent pictures with ...

I guess Amin was trying to demonstrate the low light and dynamic range performance of X-10 with the shots inside the bowling center only. Honestly, I am impressed with the results, I can't take similar pictures with my F30 and F200exr.

Yes, I knew the ORBS issue and I shoot a lot of night cityscapes pictures, so I had decided to wait until more users feed back after the sensor replacement or debut of X-12.

Midwest wrote:

I like the bowling alley shots a lot - but if they were cropped to feature mostly your son and the 'results end' of the lane they'd be even better.

-- hide signature --

Best Regards,

Danny

'Close enough is good enough, I just come here for fun:p

Fujifilm Alternate Low Light Solution'

Other Pics
http://s8.photobucket.com/albums/a44/yeeonly/

danny_only's gear list:danny_only's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F30 Zoom Olympus C-4000 Zoom Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ3 +13 more
AdamT
AdamT Forum Pro • Posts: 58,953
Re: Welcome back to FTF Amin

It's good to see you Gus, Amin too ! . like yourself, my Fujis are both old and based on the F30 sensor .

I find too many issues with their new stuff despite having really exellent points, they'll make a cam which is 80% there but with one or two totally deal breaking issues .

-- hide signature --

A Problem is only the pessimistic way of looking at a challenge

AdamT's gear list:AdamT's gear list
Canon PowerShot G1 X Sony RX100 III Sony RX10 III Fujifilm X-T100
Trevor G Veteran Member • Posts: 6,577
Re: As the thread starter, I will read the replies. However...

Amin Sabet wrote:

... if you hurl insults at me and then ask me a question, you should not expect an answer. I wasted far too much of my time arguing in these forums (long ago), and never again will I get into a discourse with some impolite stranger spitting venom.

Bravo!!

-- hide signature --

Cheers

Trevor G

Silkypix tutorials at: http://photo.computerwyse.com

Amin Sabet
OP Amin Sabet Veteran Member • Posts: 6,763

AdamT wrote:

It's good to see you Gus, Amin too ! . like yourself, my Fujis are both old and based on the F30 sensor .

I find too many issues with their new stuff despite having really exellent points, they'll make a cam which is 80% there but with one or two totally deal breaking issues .

Hi, Adam! I saw some of your posts in the Canon forum - sounds like you're enjoying the G1X. I thought it was pretty great as well.

-- hide signature --
 Amin Sabet's gear list:Amin Sabet's gear list
Nikon D500 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Sony a9 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Panasonic 20mm F1.7 II +11 more
AdamT
AdamT Forum Pro • Posts: 58,953

Hi, Adam! I saw some of your posts in the Canon forum - sounds like you're enjoying the G1X. I thought it was pretty great as well.

Yep - the biggie for me is that it combines APS-C performance with a zoom, IS and most of all SILENT Shooting - I was having to crop X100 shots prior to that and struggle with a Sony R1 in the past - the G1X is a dream come true for Auditoriums, business meets, Radio show presenters, and all sorts of religius work where a clattery mirrorless or the quetest DSLR disturbs , Couldn't give a toss about the AF and lens speed for the work I'm putting it to - no peanut sensor cam comes close even with EXR trickery .

-- hide signature --

A Problem is only the pessimistic way of looking at a challenge

AdamT's gear list:AdamT's gear list
Canon PowerShot G1 X Sony RX100 III Sony RX10 III Fujifilm X-T100
Amin Sabet
OP Amin Sabet Veteran Member • Posts: 6,763

AdamT wrote:

Yep - the biggie for me is that it combines APS-C performance with a zoom, IS and most of all SILENT Shooting - I was having to crop X100 shots prior to that and struggle with a Sony R1 in the past - the G1X is a dream come true for Auditoriums, business meets, Radio show presenters, and all sorts of religius work where a clattery mirrorless or the quetest DSLR disturbs , Couldn't give a toss about the AF and lens speed for the work I'm putting it to - no peanut sensor cam comes close even with EXR trickery .

Yep, if you don't need macro and you're not in a hurry, the G1X is a winner.

-- hide signature --
 Amin Sabet's gear list:Amin Sabet's gear list
Nikon D500 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Sony a9 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Panasonic 20mm F1.7 II +11 more
lightandday
lightandday Regular Member • Posts: 230
Re: Been trying out the X10...

Hi Amin,

Looking foward to seeing some of your photos with the X10 - post some right across the spectrum of photography - try not to get to technical - a few point and shoots / some with objective of testing : a few midday outdoors / night shoots etc.
Try to enjoy the camera - lets see the results.
Thanks mate !

lightandday's gear list:lightandday's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Air Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm 1:1.8 Olympus 40-150mm F2.8 Pro +2 more
porop41 Forum Member • Posts: 55

Amin Sabet wrote:

I love advanced, small cameras.

Have owned:
Canon S50, G7, G9, G11
Ricoh GX100, GX100
Pana LX1, LX5
Leica D-LUX 3, D-LUX 4, and Digilux 2
Sigma DP1, DP2
... and many others

Have tried: Samsung EX1/TL500, Olympus XZ1, G1X, and many, many others.

I recently asked B&H to send me an X10 to serve as an advanced small sensor zoom camera to compare with the Canon G1X for the purposes of a G1X review. Now I'm finding it very difficult to send the X10 back to B&H. In all my years of using fixed-lens zoom compacts, the X10 is the camera I was daydreaming about. Amazing combination of size, feel, build, controls, lens excellence, and sensor quality.

I keep telling myself that I won't buy the X10 because my money is already invested in Micro Four Thirds (and to a lesser extent Sony NEX). However, if I were looking for a small sensor fixed lens zoom camera, I would choose the X10 without hesitation. What an incredible little camera.

Buy mine, it's just 2 weeks old, no scratches, 2 years warranty. Here you can find some sample shots :

https://picasaweb.google.com/112056589018755605442/FujiX10#

Don't worry about the orbs . . .

aeneon Senior Member • Posts: 1,111

porop41 wrote:

Buy mine, it's just 2 weeks old, no scratches, 2 years warranty. Here you can find some sample shots :

Lovely orb gallery that ,on the water and the cars ..... fab.

aeneon's gear list:aeneon's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F31fd Sony RX100 Panasonic LX100 Canon EOS 70D

I will inform other people about the X-10 ORBS problem before selling it and tell them about the possible fix. I will not tell them not to worry about the ORBS problem for the new sensor may not able to solve the problem.

Did you visit the FTF before buying your X-10 2 weeks ago? You should do a search or study some reviews before buying this relative expensive camera. Fuji promised a sensor replacement in May (do a search here), hope it is not like last time, where Firmware fix is a joke.

porop41 wrote:

Amin Sabet wrote:

Have owned:
Canon S50, G7, G9, G11
Ricoh GX100, GX100
Pana LX1, LX5
Sigma DP1, DP2
... and many others

I recently asked B&H to send me an X10 to serve as an advanced small sensor zoom camera to compare with the Canon G1X for the purposes of a G1X review. Now I'm finding it very difficult to send the X10 back to B&H. In all my years of using fixed-lens zoom compacts, the X10 is the camera I was daydreaming about. Amazing combination of size, feel, build, controls, lens excellence, and sensor quality.

I keep telling myself that I won't buy the X10 because my money is already invested in Micro Four Thirds (and to a lesser extent Sony NEX). However, if I were looking for a small sensor fixed lens zoom camera, I would choose the X10 without hesitation. What an incredible little camera.

-- hide signature --

Best Regards,

Danny

Other Pics

Fujifilm FinePix F30 Zoom Olympus C-4000 Zoom Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ3 +13 more
enzop Junior Member • Posts: 27

Aeonon-Give it a rest you troll

enzop wrote:

Thanks you little jerky

aeneon wrote:

enzop wrote:

Thanks you little jerky

Who cant even spell

porop41 Forum Member • Posts: 55

danny_only wrote:

I will inform other people about the X-10 ORBS problem before selling it and tell them about the possible fix. I will not tell them not to worry about the ORBS problem for the new sensor may not able to solve the problem.

Did you visit the FTF before buying your X-10 2 weeks ago? You should do a search or study some reviews before buying this relative expensive camera. Fuji promised a sensor replacement in May (do a search here), hope it is not like last time, where Firmware fix is a joke.

porop41 wrote:

Amin Sabet wrote:

Have owned:
Canon S50, G7, G9, G11
Ricoh GX100, GX100
Pana LX1, LX5
Sigma DP1, DP2
... and many others

Thanks, I'm new in this forum so apologize if I addressed my post to you instead of Amin.

I'm aware of this orb issue now but I was not aware when I bought it. I just went into the shop a I wanted to buy a small, compact camera for my motorbike trips. I know now that I made a mistake when I choosed this before I checked the reviews.

Which annoys me is how Fujifilm Hungary handles the problem. They say that the camera is great, works within the prescribed tolerances, we will notify you when we have updates.

I just want my money back as I just don't want to wait till May. I'm not interested how Fuji solves this sensor issue I just need a cam whatever the brand is just to take shots without any image processing problems.

Tom Schum
Tom Schum Veteran Member • Posts: 8,098

Yes, very convenient to use and carry, delivers good results pretty consistently:

-- hide signature --

Tom Schum

Tom Schum's gear list:Tom Schum's gear list
Fujifilm X30 Sigma dp0 Quattro Fujifilm X-E1 Sigma sd Quattro Fujifilm X-T100 +10 more

porop41 wrote:

danny_only wrote:

Thanks, I'm new in this forum so apologize if I addressed my post to you instead of Amin.

This is internet, so no need to apologize.

I'm aware of this orb issue now but I was not aware when I bought it. I just went into the shop a I wanted to buy a small, compact camera for my motorbike trips. I know now that I made a mistake when I choosed this before I checked the reviews.

I feel sorry for you. You are not the only one, I guess. The ORBS problem is getting popular in local large camera forum after Fuji announced sensor replacement not long ago. Before, not that many people mentioned white ORBS problem in that site (dchome.net), I was surprised about that.

Which annoys me is how Fujifilm Hungary handles the problem. They say that the camera is great, works within the prescribed tolerances, we will notify you when we have updates.

I guess it is a Fuji Global Action, so they will replace the sensor for you. Actually, no need to wait until May to tell whether need sensor will not, I think Fuji will start a new series of serial number to distinquish X-10 with new sensor from the old X-10. May be in late April, new X-10 users will report their X-10 has no ORBS (still remains to be seen).

I just want my money back as I just don't want to wait till May. I'm not interested how Fuji solves this sensor issue I just need a cam whatever the brand is just to take shots without any image processing problems.

Oh... you should try your local camera forums for fast return of money, but I suggest you tell the folks about the ORBS problem and sensor replacement before selling it to him (or her). You don't want folk buying your X-10 suffers like you are now right? It is best to wait other new X-10 owners report new sensor works well, then sell it, you get back more money and you will have a happy customer. You may even change your mind, keeping it.

-- hide signature --

Best Regards,

Danny

Other Pics

pittguy53178 Contributing Member • Posts: 847
I feel the same way

I had the X10 previously, but returned it due to the way Fuji was handling the orb issue. I loved the camera otherwise, but couldn't keep it based on principle. I got the G1X...I was not impressed with the handling at all. It felt slow compared to the Fuji. I then sent it back and repurchased the X10 and am not looking back. I wish Fuji would have admitted the problem earlier so I could have kept it in the first place.

PhotOptimist Veteran Member • Posts: 3,249
X10 would be in right hands...

Nice captures.
👍 from me too.

GaryJP
GaryJP Veteran Member • Posts: 6,594

porop41 wrote:

Sorry you have to deal with this.

I too am stuck with this POS at the moment.

Fuji HK are doing NOTHING about the "fix", say they don't even know about it.

I'm getting it fixed and then I'm selling or giving it away to a children's school or something.

The take-away lesson from this is: "Life's too short for Fuji".

-- hide signature --

“There is only you and your camera. The limitations in your photography are in yourself, for what we see is what we are.” Ernst Haas

http://garyp.zenfolio.com/p518883873/

GaryJP's gear list:GaryJP's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Sony RX100 II Canon G1 X II Canon PowerShot G5 X Canon G7 X II +14 more
Re: X10 would be in right hands...Evanescence & Bush live in HK by x10

a link to a local camera forum.

The photographer is really good in handling the X-10
http://www.dchome.net/viewthread.php?tid=1115041&extra=page%3D3

EXIF embedded in pictures, iso200 to iso 1000, mostly iso800. Small ORBS in some pictures, but not too offensive to me.

-- hide signature --

Best Regards,

Danny

Other Pics

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads