HX100V quick ISO adjustment?

Started Mar 6, 2012 | Discussions
bobkwl Regular Member • Posts: 403
HX100V quick ISO adjustment?

I swopted from FZ150 to HX100V last week, downloaded the Manual, having difficulties finding the EASY & QUICK way to make ISO adjustment on this camera. Can anyone give some tips, or which page of the manual telling this?

I found one on Manu switch which just said Hight-Medium-Low ISO but could not find the direct ISO adjustment such as ISO-100 to 3200 etc. Please help.
--
bobkwl

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX100V
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
TimelordXYZ Contributing Member • Posts: 544
Re: HX100V quick ISO adjustment?

You can assign ISO adjustment to the Custom button.

One click and you'll be able to adjust it

TimelordXYZ's gear list:TimelordXYZ's gear list
Sony a6000 Sony a6300 Sony FE 70-200 F4 Sony RX100 III Sony Alpha NEX-5N +7 more
podracer35
podracer35 New Member • Posts: 9

Click in the scroll wheel on the top right of the camera. You should see the ISO value on the screen increase in size and go yellow. Turn the wheel in either direction to increase or decrease ISO.

podracer35's gear list:podracer35's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX100V
ASR45
ASR45 Forum Pro • Posts: 36,720

You can asign to your custom button
--
Alan.

ASR45's gear list:ASR45's gear list
Canon EF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6L IS II Nikon D750 Pentax KP Canon 6D Mark II Nikon AF Nikkor 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6D ED VR +10 more
OP bobkwl Regular Member • Posts: 403

Thanks buys for trying to help. I tried almost 30 minutes, could not get what you told me. I set the camera in P mode, the screen shows ISO Auto. I went to the CUSTOM BUTTON, it gives me Metering Mode. I selected the "I" and went to the ISO Sensitivy, it gives me a verticle bar. I am really dump with this camera after using cameras for more than 60 years. Why don't Sony give a more simple setting method like every other makers are using?
Looks like I need some step by step training. If you don't mind, help again.
--
bobkwl

(unknown member) Forum Pro • Posts: 23,648

bobkwl wrote:

Thanks buys for trying to help. I tried almost 30 minutes, could not get what you told me. I set the camera in P mode, the screen shows ISO Auto. I went to the CUSTOM BUTTON, it gives me Metering Mode. I selected the "I" and went to the ISO Sensitivy, it gives me a verticle bar. I am really dump with this camera after using cameras for more than 60 years. Why don't Sony give a more simple setting method like every other makers are using?

Sony ....Like no Other ....

Looks like I need some step by step training. If you don't mind, help again.
--
bobkwl

-- hide signature --

All my Post Processing is done with Capture NX2

http://www.flickr.com/photos/marti58/

bruckshaw1 Senior Member • Posts: 1,106

You need to get to know how to use the jog dial.

In the manual go to Before use> Using the control button> Using the jog dial.

Briefly, having set the camera to P mode, repeatedly push in the jog dial until the ISO icon (extreme left) turns yellow and enlarges. Release the jog dial, then rotate the jog dial to set the ISO required. Auto ISO is just one of the many settings.

Eric

bruckshaw1's gear list:bruckshaw1's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 +1 more

Thank you very much, now I am able to turn the WHEEL make adjustment. But the maximum showing only ISO800, is that true HX100V can only go up to ISO 800?
--
bobkwl

podracer35
podracer35 New Member • Posts: 9

You should be able to go up to 3200 ISO if you keep turning the dial. If that doesn't work, try switching between the P,S, A and M modes and try changing the ISO to the max possible. If you don't reach 3200, there might be something wrong, in which case, you can try going into the settings and Initialize your camera back to default settings. Hopefully that should fix it, if all else fails.

podracer35's gear list:podracer35's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX100V

If you have burst or bracket mode set the ISO is limited to 800. Check the icons on the LCD to make sure those modes are not set.

This is all in the manual. Read it well and refer to it when in difficulty.

Eric

ASR45
ASR45 Forum Pro • Posts: 36,720

Yes great aid memoir
--
Alan.

ASR45's gear list:ASR45's gear list
Canon EF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6L IS II Nikon D750 Pentax KP Canon 6D Mark II Nikon AF Nikkor 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6D ED VR +10 more

Thanks very much everybody, I think better take the Memory card to local Printing shop to have the manual printed out. Thanks again, I think can manage further myself.
--
bobkwl

Bobkwl,

Send me a message via dpreview.

Eric

I tried, but not sure how? Anyway, my e-mail address is "rkleung@msn.com"