100X Love at first click!

Started Feb 23, 2012 | Discussions
M Kitzman Regular Member • Posts: 428
100X Love at first click!

Denver Convention Center. Amazing camera, compared to Sony A900 it feels like a toy, very comfortable to carry with strap around neck. This camera should not exist, nothing should this small should be that good. Quality rivals the A900 with 24-70 Zeiss lens. Incredible colors, never seen anything like it, better than Velvia on Large Format. Very little noise and great dynamic range. Kudos to Fuji big time.

samgabnz Forum Member • Posts: 52
Re: 100X Love at first click!

Wow, #5 is superb! Some people are coming up with some amazing shots with the X100.

samgabnz's gear list:samgabnz's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Canon EOS 1000D Canon EF 50mm F1.8 II Canon EF 28-80mm f/3.5-5.6 V USM Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 II
Gary CG Regular Member • Posts: 410

Very nice pics, well done. #4 is my favorite.

OP M Kitzman Regular Member • Posts: 428

Thanks, I was surprised how well this turned out.

It is my favorite as well. Thank you.

howardfuhrman Veteran Member • Posts: 4,137

Good job; nice photos.
--
Howard
http://www.photo.net/photos/howardfuhrman

HankPaul Forum Member • Posts: 62

Like #5 a lot!

HankPaul's gear list:HankPaul's gear list
Sony a7R II
Northgrove Junior Member • Posts: 29

Number 4 makes me dizzy!

But yes, it's optically a great camera and if the dynamic range in Provia or B&W mode wasn't enough, it even allows you to expand it via hardware in the EXR sensor itself. I still have an easy time forgetting that since I'm not used to these features. There are more features I like too, like the 12 MP that wasn't bumped to "sell" so that it has a great high ISO performance and remains sharp even when pixel-peeping.

The out-of-camera JPG's look great and I'm for the first time moving from RAW for the bulk of my images.

I'm basically only annoyed by the focusing sometimes, especially indoors / low-light and when shooting fairly close to your subjects, as in 1 meter away or so. But the latest firmware (1.13) is said to help with this in AF-S mode, although being an undocumented fix. It's installed and ready - I just haven't had time to shoot much lately to check.

Bejersey
Bejersey Forum Pro • Posts: 14,129

Excellent shots!! Yes, it's amazing...
Rick
--
http://bejersey.smugmug.com/

Bejersey's gear list:Bejersey's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Leica X (Typ 113) Leica TL
mgerpe
mgerpe Regular Member • Posts: 293

Yeah Denver!

Im right down the road, might go out shooting in the snow today.

-- hide signature --

"Sit loosely in the saddle of life"

http://www.michaelgerpe.com

Acrill
Acrill Veteran Member • Posts: 3,158

The performing arts center is a massive place! Thanks for sharing the nice shots.

Acrill's gear list:Acrill's gear list
Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS

I did a comparison of the jpeg fine to raw and actually the jpeg looked better. I'd would be very interested in seeing what your comparison reveals. Regards.

framus Contributing Member • Posts: 847

Thanks, I'm fond of the 2nd image with the subdued colors.
They are all well seen.
-Framus

framus's gear list:framus's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm X-T1
mark3000 Regular Member • Posts: 237

Nice set and nice black and white conversions.

-- hide signature --
Michel Bricteux
Michel Bricteux Regular Member • Posts: 107

M Kitzman wrote:

Denver Convention Center. Amazing camera, compared to Sony A900 it feels like a toy, very comfortable to carry with strap around neck. This camera should not exist, nothing should this small should be that good. Quality rivals the A900 with 24-70 Zeiss lens. Incredible colors, never seen anything like it, better than Velvia on Large Format. Very little noise and great dynamic range. Kudos to Fuji big time.

Wait until your camera starts failing you and you start the Technical Service Marathon. Camera travels back and forth for various technical failures. . A disgrace!
--
Michel Bricteux

Michel Bricteux's gear list:Michel Bricteux's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm X100T Nikon D3X Nikon D800 Fujifilm X-Pro2 +3 more
Paulo Abreu Veteran Member • Posts: 7,111

Hi,

Wait until your camera starts failing you and you start the Technical Service Marathon. Camera travels back and forth for various technical failures. . A disgrace!
--
Michel Bricteux

Can you spot the difference between the original post and this reply of yours?

• The original post is joy, happyness, light, entusiasm.

• Your post is bad luck, negativism, darkness and bad attitude.

So what was your purpose? leave the OP depressed? hidden in a deep hole with his X100 and waiting it to fail? You FAILED, not X100!!!

Well done Kitzman!
I am happy for you, X100 is a fantastic camera, enjoy every moment.
And Keep the shots coming.

Regards

-- hide signature --

Paulo Abreu,

'It is not worthy to make a video of your life - just keep the best moments in
pictures!'

32°38'22.85"N 16°56'42.65"W

Michel Bricteux

Paulo,

I really appreciate your sense of candid optimism. What makes you so uncomfortable with a reality check. Maybe (hopefully) not yours but the one experienced by thousands of disenchanted customers. This forum is filled with complaints about the way Fujifilm is very poorly dealing with a large scale technical failure. Open up your eyes : not a single word on Fuji official website about the extended sticky aperture blades that has affected thousands of cameras since its lunch. Not one! I, for one, initially posted enthusiastic comments about the X100. Until disaster struck. As to who's failing, balance, courtesy and moderation would be appreciated.

-- hide signature --

Michel Bricteux

MOD BobsYourUncle Veteran Member • Posts: 7,146
Michel and Paulo

Unfortunately Fujifilm and other major corps do not announce product deficiencies unless forced to do so by government agencies, the threat of major lawsuits, or a combination of these and other factors. Even Ford in the 1960's did not recall the Pinto when there was incontrovertible evidence that a rear end collision could cause the gas tank to explode and thus kill the occupants! The "reality check" is that corporations will act in the own self interest and if that means a choice between a "relative" few disgruntled customers but sales in the tens of thousands of a product....they will choose the more "profitable" course. I don't think this is a mystery to anyone.

In the case of the Fuji x100 it may just be a logistics issue. Just a hypothesis.....if Fuji recalled all the x100's and replaced the "sticky blades" their repair facilities may be so overwhelmed with the volume of repairs they may not be able to get the cam back to you for months. If I were in the decision board room I may vote to replace the defective parts on an as-needed basis rather than a major recall. But, again, that is only one scenario but a plausible one nonetheless.

Paulo has been a member of this forum long before the x100 was even announced. At that time the forum consisted of individuals who were truly a community and who were supportive no matter what the issue....and there could be some heated issues. I would assert that his comment to you was a plea that not only you but others who are "newer" to this forum return to a more positive and respectful tone with responses. But with the exponential growth of x100 users and soon-to-be X-Pro1 users that may be a lot to ask.

Bob

BobsYourUncle's gear list:BobsYourUncle's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm FinePix X100 Canon EOS-1D X +9 more
framus Contributing Member • Posts: 847

So a fellow gets the X100 and is happy with it.
The naysayers pounce - someone claims of 'thousands' of failures for SAP.
So where's your data? I'm mean you want objectivity then you must have
data? Or is it just your own correlation? Cause that isn't causation.

Let the fellow enjoy the camera.
You aren't happy, he is, so what?
Take yer bitchin' somewhere where it will be appreciated.

Oh, I forgot this is that place. The home of photo experts.
You ain't happy? Go cry in your beer.
Caveat emptor.
-framus

framus's gear list:framus's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm X-T1
Michel Bricteux

To all participants of this forum,

I would like to be given the opportunity to offer you my deepest and most sincere apologies for having troubled the warm, supportive and enthusiastic optimism that seem to be prevailing over your exchanges and conversations. At one point in time, I could even have considered joining this happy-go-lucky club. Actually I did as I shared in some other threads my astonishment and wonder at the X100 photographic qualities.

So my only wish is for all of you to continue enjoying your camera, hoping you will not be forced one day to join the cohorts of disgruntled X100 users. But, if you do, maybe you'll remember this exchange.

So long

Michel

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads