X10 Review by Major Photo Mag

Started Feb 14, 2012 | Discussions
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Tim39 Senior Member • Posts: 2,884
X10 Review by Major Photo Mag

Excuse me if it's already been mentioned here, but I just read Popular Photography's X10 review. Only major negative cited was viewfinder's lack of data display. Otherwise, quite positive. No mention of "orbs." Then again, my sense is they don't do much (if any) real-world testing.
--
Tim

Fujifilm X10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
GaryJP
GaryJP Veteran Member • Posts: 6,344
It was mentioned

And it shows exactly how useless that magazine is as a resource for camera buyers.
--

“There is only you and your camera. The limitations in your photography are in yourself, for what we see is what we are.” Ernst Haas

http://garyp.zenfolio.com/p518883873/

 GaryJP's gear list:GaryJP's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Sony RX100 II Canon PowerShot G1 X II Canon PowerShot G5 X Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF2 +13 more
(unknown member) Forum Pro • Posts: 13,144
Re: X10 Review by Major Photo Mag

Tim39 wrote:

Excuse me if it's already been mentioned here, but I just read Popular Photography's X10 review. Only major negative cited was viewfinder's lack of data display. Otherwise, quite positive. No mention of "orbs." Then again, my sense is they don't do much (if any) real-world testing.
--
Tim

OK then, obviously the ORB problem is a non issue. Popular Photography is a towering giant in the world of digital cameras and if they cannot get ORBS the problem truly must lie on the users end.

 rattymouse's gear list:rattymouse's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F10 Zoom Fujifilm FinePix F20 Zoom Fujifilm FinePix F70EXR Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X10 +9 more
PhotOptimist Veteran Member • Posts: 3,249
Not user's fault...

There is an orb issue.
This is debated to death...
We all know when it appears.
For most people it is a non issue.
They will be very happy with OOC pictures.

Tim39 OP Senior Member • Posts: 2,884
Re: X10 Review by Major Photo Mag

What a peculiar comment to make associated with me on this, of all days. In an earlier thread I praised your effort to bring the problem fully to the fore and condemned Fuji's response to the problem to date. And in this thread I conclude the OP with: "Then again, my sense is they don't do much (if any) real-world testing."

Sheesh, ratty.

rattymouse wrote:

Tim39 wrote:

Excuse me if it's already been mentioned here, but I just read Popular Photography's X10 review. Only major negative cited was viewfinder's lack of data display. Otherwise, quite positive. No mention of "orbs." Then again, my sense is they don't do much (if any) real-world testing.
--
Tim

OK then, obviously the ORB problem is a non issue. Popular Photography is a towering giant in the world of digital cameras and if they cannot get ORBS the problem truly must lie on the users end.

-- hide signature --

Tim

(unknown member) Forum Pro • Posts: 13,144
Re: X10 Review by Major Photo Mag

I know Tim, I was just being facetious. Not attacking you or anything. Making fun of Popular Photography was my point.

Tim39 wrote:

What a peculiar comment to make associated with me on this, of all days. In an earlier thread I praised your effort to bring the problem fully to the fore and condemned Fuji's response to the problem to date. And in this thread I conclude the OP with: "Then again, my sense is they don't do much (if any) real-world testing."

Sheesh, ratty.

rattymouse wrote:

Tim39 wrote:

Excuse me if it's already been mentioned here, but I just read Popular Photography's X10 review. Only major negative cited was viewfinder's lack of data display. Otherwise, quite positive. No mention of "orbs." Then again, my sense is they don't do much (if any) real-world testing.
--
Tim

OK then, obviously the ORB problem is a non issue. Popular Photography is a towering giant in the world of digital cameras and if they cannot get ORBS the problem truly must lie on the users end.

-- hide signature --

Tim

 rattymouse's gear list:rattymouse's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F10 Zoom Fujifilm FinePix F20 Zoom Fujifilm FinePix F70EXR Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X10 +9 more
Tim39 OP Senior Member • Posts: 2,884
Sorry

You know, that was my first instinct...and I should have gone with it. Apologies!

I was feeling kinda edgy because (a) I haven't followed the X10 coverage all that closely and (b) I had the nagging feeling I couldn't have been the first to note that very superficial review. Don't really read that mag, but was browsing newstand and saw the cam on the cover.

Now, where the hell's that Re-Set button?

rattymouse wrote:

I know Tim, I was just being facetious. Not attacking you or anything. Making fun of Popular Photography was my point.

Tim39 wrote:

What a peculiar comment to make associated with me on this, of all days. In an earlier thread I praised your effort to bring the problem fully to the fore and condemned Fuji's response to the problem to date. And in this thread I conclude the OP with: "Then again, my sense is they don't do much (if any) real-world testing."

Sheesh, ratty.

rattymouse wrote:

Tim39 wrote:

Excuse me if it's already been mentioned here, but I just read Popular Photography's X10 review. Only major negative cited was viewfinder's lack of data display. Otherwise, quite positive. No mention of "orbs." Then again, my sense is they don't do much (if any) real-world testing.
--
Tim

OK then, obviously the ORB problem is a non issue. Popular Photography is a towering giant in the world of digital cameras and if they cannot get ORBS the problem truly must lie on the users end.

-- hide signature --

Tim

-- hide signature --

Tim

dotbalm Veteran Member • Posts: 3,222
Re: Not user's fault...

PhotOptimist wrote:

There is an orb issue.
This is debated to death...
We all know when it appears.
For most people it is a non issue.
They will be very happy with OOC pictures.

There are Haikus.
They have been seen before.
We all know when one appears.
For most people they are just another poem.
They will be very happy with Haikus or other poems.

dotbalm Veteran Member • Posts: 3,222
Re: Sorry

Tim39 wrote:

Now, where the hell's that Re-Set button?

Yeah, I need one everyday. Sometimes more than once.

(Then again, so far I've been lucky and gotten another day to reset. Hopefully, I'll wake up tomorrow with another one.)

My father-in-law, sort of seriously and sort of tongue-in-cheek, will say midway through the day if something goes wrong, "I'm going to start my day over right now."

Tim39 OP Senior Member • Posts: 2,884
Re: Sorry

dotbalm wrote:

Tim39 wrote:

Now, where the hell's that Re-Set button?

Yeah, I need one everyday. Sometimes more than once.

(Then again, so far I've been lucky and gotten another day to reset. Hopefully, I'll wake up tomorrow with another one.)

My father-in-law, sort of seriously and sort of tongue-in-cheek, will say midway through the day if something goes wrong, "I'm going to start my day over right now."

-- hide signature --

Tim

(unknown member) Forum Pro • Posts: 13,144
Re: Sorry

Tim39 wrote:

You know, that was my first instinct...and I should have gone with it. Apologies!

Absolutely no worries. It happens in this form of communication. No apology necessary.

 rattymouse's gear list:rattymouse's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F10 Zoom Fujifilm FinePix F20 Zoom Fujifilm FinePix F70EXR Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X10 +9 more
Daniel Lowe Senior Member • Posts: 2,355
Re: Not user's fault...

dotbalm wrote:

There are Haikus.
They have been seen before.
We all know when one appears.
For most people they are just another poem.
They will be very happy with Haikus or other poems.

There are orbs.
The trolls are hungry.
Feed them some Fuji snacks.
My refrigerator has lettuce.

Wellington100 Veteran Member • Posts: 8,595
Re: Not user's fault...

dotbalm wrote:

PhotOptimist wrote:

There is an orb issue.
This is debated to death...
We all know when it appears.
For most people it is a non issue.
They will be very happy with OOC pictures.

There are Haikus.
They have been seen before.
We all know when one appears.
For most people they are just another poem.
They will be very happy with Haikus or other poems.

That is funny
And also quite profound
I have never been good at poetry
Because I can't get the words to rhyme
Not that that matters if you are writing a Haiku
--
S100, S6500, S5, F300, F200, F70, F11, F31 (deceased), Z5, V10, D40, EX1

nanoc Contributing Member • Posts: 796
Re: Not user's fault...

best argument I
Have seen in DPR... ever!
Kudos to you guys

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads