3 image HDR using Zeiss 24mm & 5N

Started Feb 12, 2012 | Discussions
tomslaptop Regular Member • Posts: 137
3 image HDR using Zeiss 24mm & 5N

Shot these today in manual mode and used shutter speed to control exposure. One over one under and one about right. Open in Lightroom, pick your three images and export to Nix HDR Efex Pro. Play around and get your results and save. I have one other from the other side of the underpass I will upload shortly. Some purple fringing in upper left I would probably crop out but left image size as it was.

El Matadurr
El Matadurr Veteran Member • Posts: 5,018
Re: 3 image HDR using Zeiss 24mm & 5N

You win the HDR prize, it looks like a painting. Nice.

El Matadurr's gear list:El Matadurr's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony a6500 Carl Zeiss Touit 1.8/32 +1 more
OP tomslaptop Regular Member • Posts: 137

Said I would add another one but the other side of the overpass I was to close and it didn't turn out to good. But, here is a one picture hd from today that turned out pretty good.

rube39 Veteran Member • Posts: 8,090

tomslaptop wrote:

Said I would add another one but the other side of the overpass I was to close and it didn't turn out to good. But, here is a one picture hd from today that turned out pretty good.>

It certainly did. Nice shot.
--
Rube
http://www.flickr.com/photos/71881102@N00/

rube39's gear list:rube39's gear list
Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM
ZeevK
ZeevK Contributing Member • Posts: 835
I do not understand this...

Why bother doing manually the same thing that you can do automatically in camera? I understand if you take more than 3 images for HDR, but...

The In-Camera HDR is fully controllable and you can select the under / over amount for bracketed shots and exposure shift for the "normal" exposure.

I usually use -0.7EV compensation for "normal" and 1EV (HDR 1) for over / under.

I do not have and do not need to spend time with auxilary software to stich - since this is perfectly done in camera. I even do not use tripod for HDR's most of the times.
--
ZeevK
http://picasaweb.google.com/KantorZeev

Re: I do not understand this...

Taking three or more pictures manually will bring out a lot more shadows and highlights and give you more control over the final output. It's actually easy to do there is no stitching images together although you will need a tri-pod. When I over expose its like all dark and underexpose is like all white. I have an app for the iphone that takes decent hdr photos also and some I save but for the best results you will need to take multiple shots and develop in your favorite program.

Re: I do not understand this...

Also the in camera hdr only process jpeg files so you can't shoot in raw mode.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads