Started Feb 10, 2012 | Discussions
ropen Senior Member • Posts: 1,479
Summing up the roadmaps: 17 new lenses planned for 2012 - 2013

Q lenses:

645 lenses:

K mount lenses:

Not bad at all!

Radu

P.S. Yes Tom, "* - roadmaps may vary in response to market situation" there is no need for you to post in this thread now anymore.

ropen's gear list:ropen's gear list
Pentax K-3
ogl
ogl Senior Member • Posts: 1,730
Re: Summing up the roadmaps: 17 new lenses planned for 2012 - 2013

ropen wrote:

Q lenses:

645 lenses:

K mount lenses:

Not bad at all!

Radu

P.S. Yes Tom, "* - roadmaps may vary in response to market situation" there is no need for you to post in this thread now anymore.

I think there is no roadmap of new secret line of lenses here - XS

4 - Q
4 - 645D
7 - K + TC + secret XS lens + 40 XS = 17 lenses + TC

I think 2012-2013 and later. It's hard to expect everything for 2 year.

ogl's gear list:ogl's gear list
Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax smc FA 31mm F1.8 AL Limited Pentax smc FA 43mm F1.9 Limited
moving_comfort
moving_comfort Veteran Member • Posts: 8,242
Viva

Viva Ricoh!
--
Here are a few of my favorite things...
---> http://www.flickr.com/photos/95095968@N00/sets/72157626171532197/

moving_comfort's gear list:moving_comfort's gear list
Pentax K20D Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF Nikkor 20mm f/2.8D +10 more
viking79
viking79 Forum Pro • Posts: 14,156
Re: Viva

moving_comfort wrote:

Viva Ricoh!

Agree, before Hoya sold Pentax you could tell they were up to something. Announcements stopped, few new products, saying the K lens lineup was "complete", etc. I am glad to see them back in action now. I think Ricoh buying them will be great for K mount users. Hoya was certainly good at turning Pentax around, now lets hope Ricoh can extend the business.

Can't wait to see what they offer over the next few years

Eric
--
I never saw an ugly thing in my life: for let the form of an object
be what it may - light, shade, and perspective will always make it
beautiful. - John Constable (quote)

See my Blog at: http://www.erphotoreview.com/ (bi-weekly)
Flickr Photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/28177041@N03/ (updated daily)

viking79's gear list:viking79's gear list
Sony a7R Samsung NX1 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 85mm F1.4 ED SSA Samsung NX 60mm F2.8 Macro ED OIS SSA +5 more
soheil Veteran Member • Posts: 3,025
They're listening

to what the crowd has asked for years : Long tele, TC, ...
It's nice to see they're replying the best they can.
--
--------------------------------
It's the singer not the song.

soheil's gear list:soheil's gear list
Pentax Optio 330GS Pentax MX-1 Pentax K-7 Pentax K-5 Pentax K-5 IIs +19 more
DLBlack Forum Pro • Posts: 14,695

Thanks for this summing it all up with the three lens roadmaps. It does look like exciting times are ahead of us. I just kind of wish that a few more DA* or even DFA* lenses were on the roadmap. Still there is a few lenses that I will buy.

With lenses for the Q and a special adition of the Q body it looks like a Q2 will be in our future.

Dave
--

DLBlack's gear list:DLBlack's gear list
Pentax K-7 Pentax K-5 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M5 II +40 more
Marc Sabatella Veteran Member • Posts: 6,679
Re: Viva

viking79 wrote:

Agree, before Hoya sold Pentax you could tell they were up to something. Announcements stopped, few new products, saying the K lens lineup was "complete", etc.

FWIW, assuming you are talking about the quote I think you are, that's not what they said at all. That is, the statement wasn't an official declaration that abut the entire K lens lineup was now complete and would not ever be added to. It was just an offhand comment by a random sales rep about how the DA15 complemented the rest of the Limited series by offering a more "complete" range of focal lengths than previously. So I think even during the Hoya era, there was no real reason to suspect lens development had halted. The production of DA35/2.4 is evidence of that.

That's not to say I'm not a lot happier with Ricoh than with Hoya, of course.

MightyMike Forum Pro • Posts: 40,519
3.3 year to produce the last 17 lenses

Not including silver addition DA Limiteds, but including all Q lenses, new 645 lenses and including DAL and WR lenses it took Pentax 3.25 years to make the last 17 lenses.

if you exclude the DAL and WR variants as they are just the same lenses it took them 4 years to produce the last 17 lenses.

Looks like Pentax has been given a mandate to double their production as they plan to do the same (likely more) in the next 2 years... We still don't have a roadmap for the K-01
--
Mike from Canada

"I am not a great photographer! God is a great creator! All I do is capture His creation with the tools He has provided me."

'I like to think so far outside the box that it would require a telephoto lens just to see the box!' ~ 'My Quote :)'

http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.search?sort_order=views%20DESC&first_this_page=0&page_limit=180&&emailsearch=mighty_mike88%40hotmail.com&thumbnails=

ozdean
ozdean Forum Pro • Posts: 26,175
Re: 3.3 year to produce the last 17 lenses

Do we need one Mike with what is already on offer.

The most amazing thing is that not only are Pentax lenses backward compatible but also downward compatible.
--
Regards Dean - Capturing Creation
N.B. All my Images are Protected by Copyright

ozdean's gear list:ozdean's gear list
Pentax MX-1 Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax K-50 Pentax smc DA* 55mm F1.4 SDM Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited +13 more
ernieF Senior Member • Posts: 1,591

Thanks for posting those tables/roadmaps. Very interesting. I had no idea that the 645 had such a deep line-up of lenses. I guess that many go back to the old 645 film days.

These days I'm primarily interested in the K mount system, but if younger would certainly look hard at the 645 system as the new 645D seems superb.

Cheers. Ernie

ernieF's gear list:ernieF's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm F2.8 Macro Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 +5 more
leopold Forum Pro • Posts: 14,083

Certainly good, especially that DA 560mm/5.6 and the new WA for the K-01 !
--
Leopold
Pentax forever
http://smarcoux.zenfolio.com/
http://www.limagier-photo.com/
http://www.firstlight.com/galleries.php
http://steevemarcoux2.wordpress.com/

leopold's gear list:leopold's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Fujifilm X-E1 Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF 70-200mm F4L USM Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R +3 more
OP ropen Senior Member • Posts: 1,479

Just one month a go this forum was infested by trolls mocking Pentax for their poor presence at some obscure consumer electronics fair. Where are they now?

Radu

ropen's gear list:ropen's gear list
Pentax K-3
ogl

ropen wrote:

Just one month a go this forum was infested by trolls mocking Pentax for their poor presence at some obscure consumer electronics fair. Where are they now?

Radu

I will wait for DA ZOOM LIMITED and K-01

Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax smc FA 31mm F1.8 AL Limited Pentax smc FA 43mm F1.9 Limited
Russell Evans Forum Pro • Posts: 12,617
So how much planning does a "mount cap" lens need? n/t

Thank you
Russell

Ladale Regular Member • Posts: 292

ropen wrote:

It had been slow on the forum of late till the release of the K-01 and then they started crawling out of the wood work. The fact of the forum being slow give some to point that as proof that Pentax was doomed. I do not mind a balance discussion, even a heated one with both sides trying to drive a point home but these discussion where Pentax does not do anything right, has never done anything right and will never do any thing right is just so much bla bla bla. Asking where they are now may encourage then to start there discussion of Pentax does not do anything right, has never done anything right and will never do any thing right, in other words bla bla bla.

Frank

spoorthy Regular Member • Posts: 462

I think all thats left for the k mount thats required is fast primes (maybe a 35 f1.8 and a 85 f1.8)

spoorthy's gear list:spoorthy's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35 Pentax K-5 Pentax smc DA* 16-50mm F2.8 ED AL (IF) SDM Pentax smc DA 55-300mm F4.0-5.8 ED
ogl

spoorthy wrote:

I think all thats left for the k mount thats required is fast primes (maybe a 35 f1.8 and a 85 f1.8)

FA31/1.8, DA35/2.4, DA35/2.8 macro, DA50/1.8 (soon), DA*55/1.4, DA70/2.4, DA77/1.8...

is it not enough?

85*1,5=128 mm lens at APS-C....Rather strange length.
Pentax has no FF cameras. No need 85 mm lens.

Linus Svensson Regular Member • Posts: 110
Re: So how much planning does a "mount cap" lens need? n/t

Haha, that crossed my mind too. They actually showed off this at the show (sitting in it's own cases beside a, and mounted to another Q) so it was seemingly veeeery expensive and took a lot of work

Linus Svensson's gear list:Linus Svensson's gear list
Ricoh GR Digital III Pentax K-5 Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited Pentax smc DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL WR
thecodthemullet Contributing Member • Posts: 799

ogl wrote:

spoorthy wrote:

FA31/1.8, DA35/2.4, DA35/2.8 macro, DA50/1.8 (soon), DA*55/1.4, DA70/2.4, DA77/1.8...

is it not enough?

mind you a new 90 f2 (or 2.8 i suppose) would be a nice replacement for the old 135 2.8

(though considering my 90 3.5 voitlander i'd probably never use it)

Rohan
--
I hear birds out the window, quick i must grab my camera.
http://floatycod.zenfolio.com/

justin23 Veteran Member • Posts: 4,347

i can't work out the lust for a 85mm f1.8 when we have the superb 77m 1.8

they really are not that far apart and given they are both designed for portraits, the slightly shorter focal length on the Pentax might mean you are one step closer.....

I do think a DA24-28 is needed though. ignoring the FA31 there is a pretty big gap from the DA21 to the DA35, although the DA limited zoom may fill the gap.

ogl wrote:

spoorthy wrote:

is it not enough?

-- hide signature --

Justin
--------------------------------------------------------
http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/justinwatson

justin23's gear list:justin23's gear list
Pentax K-5 Pentax Q Pentax K-3 Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 Pentax smc DA 16-45mm F4 ED AL +11 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads