Fuji Guys Twitter implies more X100 Upgrades

Started Feb 10, 2012 | Discussions
DrewLavyne Regular Member • Posts: 125
Fuji Guys Twitter implies more X100 Upgrades

Poster: How could X-10 get RAW programmability but not the X-100? This is almost comically frustrating and insulting.

Fuji Guys: A wise man is superior to any insults which can be put upon him, and the best reply to unseemly behavior is patience - Moliere

My take: Patience was the big hint here. Sit tight, there's more on the way for the X100. In fact if you look at his earlier Tweet from this morning he called 1.13 a minor update...which begs the question, "could a major update be that far behind?"

My prediction: Once the X-1 Pro is released we'll get that major 2.0 update for the X100 with everything the marketing folks leaked out last year. Fuji would never release what is essentially another version of the X-1 Pro software for the X100 until the X-1 Pro is out in the wild.

DrewLavyne's gear list:DrewLavyne's gear list
Nikon Z6 Nikon Z 24-70mm F2.8
Fujifilm FinePix X100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
viking79
viking79 Forum Pro • Posts: 14,156
Re: Fuji Guys Twitter implies more X100 Upgrades

DrewLavyne wrote:

My prediction: Once the X-1 Pro is released we'll get that major 2.0 update for the X100 with everything the marketing folks leaked out last year. Fuji would never release what is essentially another version of the X-1 Pro software for the X100 until the X-1 Pro is out in the wild.

The nice thing with Fuji right now is the X100 and X Pro1 actually don't compete too much yet. The X Pro1 isn't getting that lens for another year or so and beings that the X100 doesn't cost that much more than the lens would alone (what, twice?), people might be willing to buy both. So it would be nice to have their firmware match pretty close so people can go back and forth without much issue.

Eric

-- hide signature --

I never saw an ugly thing in my life: for let the form of an object
be what it may - light, shade, and perspective will always make it
beautiful. - John Constable (quote)

See my Blog at: http://www.erphotoreview.com/ (bi-weekly)
Flickr Photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/28177041@N03/ (updated daily)

viking79's gear list:viking79's gear list
Sony a7R Samsung NX1 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 85mm F1.4 ED SSA Samsung NX 60mm F2.8 Macro ED OIS SSA +5 more
Phil Levy Contributing Member • Posts: 636
Most promising thing i've read so far (fingers x'd) NT
-- hide signature --
 Phil Levy's gear list:Phil Levy's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-Pro2 Samyang 8mm F2.8 UMC Fisheye Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Samyang 12mm F2.0 NCS CS +13 more
ah_long New Member • Posts: 7

ya, you better have patience and lots of it

1.1 Jun 2011
1.11 Oct 2011
1.12/1.13 Feb 2012

we're looking at 4 months for another FW update.. and assuming the X100 has another year of product life cycle, we would see 2 more FW updates MAX

besides, I'll believe it when I see it..

LaFonte Senior Member • Posts: 2,877

Slippery slope!

Few posts like this and then someone will start posting that fuji promised big firmware update after x pro 1 is released. I had enough of the daily "fuji promised firmware in January"... what is all the buzz about some magic firmware????

Honestly, what can be done in X100 firmware that is not HW dependent and would be a "significant"?

DrewLavyne wrote:

Poster: How could X-10 get RAW programmability but not the X-100? This is almost comically frustrating and insulting.

Fuji Guys: A wise man is superior to any insults which can be put upon him, and the best reply to unseemly behavior is patience - Moliere

My take: Patience was the big hint here. Sit tight, there's more on the way for the X100. In fact if you look at his earlier Tweet from this morning he called 1.13 a minor update...which begs the question, "could a major update be that far behind?"

LaFonte's gear list:LaFonte's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm X-H1 +2 more
Northgrove Junior Member • Posts: 29

I think there could be one or two more forthcoming updates. The "Black Edition" of the X100 kind of renewes Fuji's interest in the X100 in my eyes. The 35mm equivalent lens like the X100 but for the X-Pro1 is coming in 2013 and wasn't released immediately despite being maybe THE most requested fixed focal length for a camera. Again since I think Fuji is still interested in maintaining the X100 in parallel.

And as long as they have the interest, I think they could release the occasional FW upgrade.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads