Anyone notice the V1 gets warm when shooting?

Started Feb 2, 2012 | Discussions
Russell Proulx Contributing Member • Posts: 591
Anyone notice the V1 gets warm when shooting?

While shooting with the V1 yesterday I noticed the V1 getting quite warm. It was with the flash mounted on top and I shot about 180 images in about 90 minutes. I hope nothing ends up frying the camera if it's used intensely in a hot environment.

Russell

Nikon 1 V1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
maflynn Senior Member • Posts: 1,999
Re: Anyone notice the V1 gets warm when shooting?

I really have not noticed any adverse warming. I generally don't shoot with the flash mounted or using it however.

Beezodog Contributing Member • Posts: 559

Christmas Day did about 80+ images of the family at dinner. All of the images were with the SB-N5 Speedlight. Did not notice any overheating. That evening should have flushed out any problems of that sort.

Russell Proulx wrote:

While shooting with the V1 yesterday I noticed the V1 getting quite warm. It was with the flash mounted on top and I shot about 180 images in about 90 minutes.

Beezodog's gear list:Beezodog's gear list
Nikon Coolpix A Nikon Coolpix P330 Nikon Coolpix P7800 Nikon D3300 Nikon D5500
dleuen1 Junior Member • Posts: 31

I did notice my V1 getting warm while shooting an indoor swimming meet. The ambient temperature was probably around 82F or so. My V1 was on continuously for a couple of hours.

dleuen1's gear list:dleuen1's gear list
Nikon 1 V1 Nikon 1 V3 Nikon D7500 Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G +10 more
HappyVan Senior Member • Posts: 2,397
Yes

Gets warm if the camera is on for long. Gets positively hot if you shoot video over an hour.

No signs of malfunction though.

maflynn Senior Member • Posts: 1,999
Re: Yes

HappyVan wrote:

Gets warm if the camera is on for long. Gets positively hot if you shoot video over an hour.

See that's what I don't do. I shoot stills 99.99% of the time. Perhaps if I use the video function, it will be warmer when in use.

pengch Regular Member • Posts: 379

Russell Proulx wrote:

While shooting with the V1 yesterday I noticed the V1 getting quite warm. It was with the flash mounted on top and I shot about 180 images in about 90 minutes. I hope nothing ends up frying the camera if it's used intensely in a hot environment.

Russell

AndreasE killed his V1 in Africa. when he was shooting vidio in a hot day.

I think the sensor is alway working that makes a V1 warm. it can be working in cold weather (30f/-0c) for hours the battery still works.
You may need two V1 for pro works.

OP Russell Proulx Contributing Member • Posts: 591

pengch wrote:

AndreasE killed his V1 in Africa. when he was shooting video in a hot day.

Good to know, It didn't get alarmingly hot when I was using it. But it was quite warm. Thought it might have been the battery getting warm from driving the flash+camera. Lot's of stuff crammed into that small case ...

R

Seedeich Senior Member • Posts: 2,618

Russell Proulx wrote:

Lot's of stuff crammed into that small case ...

My V1 gets also warm when it’s on for a while.

I think we notice it because it’s a metal body with thin walls and no rubber grips to insulate the warmth.

-- hide signature --
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads