Timelapse Sony Nex-5 + Fisheye + EvilRemote

Started Jan 20, 2012 | Discussions
Robin Baumgarten Junior Member • Posts: 47
Timelapse Sony Nex-5 + Fisheye + EvilRemote

I've made a time-lapse of our house at night!

Link here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cyxGhJ7QnA

I used:

I think the biggest challenge was to keep the batteries from running out. I found that the charger charged just fast enough to keep the camera running with 2 batteries in total, and I had to set my alarm to change them every 3.5h.

Pretty pleased with the outcome, you might recognize some of astronomy stuff in the background, including Jupiter, the Plejades, Taurus and Orion. The sudden changes in light are our street lamp switching to and out of night energy saving. The music fitting so well is purely coincidental, it's a music i picked from Youtube's audioswap.

Hope you like it

Sony Alpha NEX-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
TriniArt2 Regular Member • Posts: 444
Re: Timelapse Sony Nex-5 + Fisheye + EvilRemote

Nice timelapse.

I made the infared set up also, but EvilRemote does not work on my Samsung Galaxy S for some reason.

TriniArt2's gear list:TriniArt2's gear list
Canon EOS 550D Sony Alpha 7R Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Rokinon 35mm F1.4 +11 more
pentexan New Member • Posts: 4

Love it! Thanks for sharing

svenvie Contributing Member • Posts: 669

Very cool. I guessed you put a lot of work for this set up. Thanks for sharing.

svenvie's gear list:svenvie's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Sony 50mm F2.8 Macro +3 more
ottonis Contributing Member • Posts: 720

Wow! Very impressive!

One question: In what mode have you been shooting? Was it an automatic / scene mode or manual mode? Did the camera adjust aperture/ISO etc by its own (auto) or have they been manually set by you?

Robin Baumgarten wrote:

I've made a time-lapse of our house at night!

Link here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cyxGhJ7QnA

I used:

I think the biggest challenge was to keep the batteries from running out. I found that the charger charged just fast enough to keep the camera running with 2 batteries in total, and I had to set my alarm to change them every 3.5h.

Pretty pleased with the outcome, you might recognize some of astronomy stuff in the background, including Jupiter, the Plejades, Taurus and Orion. The sudden changes in light are our street lamp switching to and out of night energy saving. The music fitting so well is purely coincidental, it's a music i picked from Youtube's audioswap.

Hope you like it

ottonis's gear list:ottonis's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Voigtlander 40mm F1.4 Nokton Classic Samyang 85mm F1.4 Aspherical IF +4 more
jalimb Regular Member • Posts: 301

i like it! nice work.

Les Hall
Les Hall Senior Member • Posts: 1,385

Wonderful and how fortuitous that the music fitted so well. Beautiful house too.

Danke, Les
--
"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five."
Groucho Marx

http://www.leshall.com

OP Robin Baumgarten Junior Member • Posts: 47

I used manual mode, and kept all the settings constant. The first few pictures were a bit overexposed, but it was generally within the limits, especially with the good low-light ability of the NEX.

macsoft3 Regular Member • Posts: 151

Very nice! I too have some time-lapsed movies with my nex 5.

But I like it simple and effective. I use a IR intervalometer for the NEX: http://tempus.bymac.org

ollie_b Regular Member • Posts: 157
Elite83 Contributing Member • Posts: 934

Nice video! It's fun to see the stars slowly make their way from one side of the video to the other.

But the music was a bit... strange. I kept expecting a monster to pop up from behind the bushes or something.

Elite83's gear list:Elite83's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Sony E 35mm F1.8 OSS +3 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads