Fuji X Pro 1 pricing????

Started Jan 11, 2012 | Discussions
dellaaa
dellaaa Contributing Member • Posts: 901
Fuji X Pro 1 pricing????

I see the rumored price of the new Fuji varying from a high of $1700 for the body alone to a low of $1384.99 for the body and lens.

Has Fuji announced a price?

I for one will not pay $2300 for the camera and normal lens, it's not even an option.

dellaaa's gear list:dellaaa's gear list
Canon PowerShot G10 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Nikon D800 Sigma SD1 Merrill +5 more
(unknown member) Forum Pro • Posts: 13,144
Re: Fuji X Pro 1 pricing????

dellaaa wrote:

I for one will not pay $2300 for the camera and normal lens, it's not even an option.

We were all wondering. Thanks for clearing that up.

Photohobbyfun Senior Member • Posts: 1,364

dellaaa wrote:

I see the rumored price of the new Fuji varying from a high of $1700 for the body alone to a low of $1384.99 for the body and lens.

No official announcement but DPReview did post that Fuji confirmed that the body alone would be about $1700.

Sounds like Fuji is still trying to figure out how to price their new system.

nonuniform Regular Member • Posts: 463

dellaaa wrote:

I'm sure Fuji is reading your post right now and wringing their hands.

Seriously, we'll know pricing when they tell us, and when production starts, let the pixel-peeping begin.

In the meantime, use what you've got.

frelwa Senior Member • Posts: 1,090

Today at least 2 Toronto camera stores were taking X-Pro1 pre-orders at $1700 for the body and $600-650 for the lenses. Prices not guaranteed -- Fuji hasn't set official prices yet -- but both stores promise to deliver them for Fuji list price or less.

The 2 stores I called were Henrys and Downtown Camera.
--
X2012

frelwa's gear list:frelwa's gear list
Canon PowerShot S30 Contax TVS Digital Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS1 Canon PowerShot A1200 Fujifilm X10 +1 more
Michael Kaufman
Michael Kaufman Senior Member • Posts: 2,715

rattymouse wrote:

dellaaa wrote:

We were all wondering. Thanks for clearing that up.

LOL. I was going to post the exact same thing. Word for word.

Michael Kaufman's gear list:Michael Kaufman's gear list
Fujifilm X100F Olympus PEN-F Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm 1:1.8 Rokinon 7.5mm F3.5 UMC Fisheye CS +3 more
W Keith McManus Regular Member • Posts: 359

Lets see... a Canon 7D with a 35mm f/1.4 lens is around $2850.00 USD

A FujiFilm X-Pro1 with one of the 18mm f/2.0 lenses might be something like $2200.00USD

Not so bad for a camera positioned for the professional market.
Just think what an M9 Leica and a 35mm f/2 Summicron would set you back.

I use mostly prime lenses on my Canon DSLRs - usually two bodies so I don't have to change lenses and contend with dust on the sensor. I'm thinking I might just do the same thing with the X-Pro1.

Before switching to digital I generally shot with a Leica M4/35mm Summicron and Leica M3/50mm Summicron. Using two X-Pro1 cameras would be in keeping with that strategy.

I am looking forward to a more complete appraisal of the X-Pro1 before making a commitment to the camera.
--
documentary photographer - filmmaker

Sandyramirez Contributing Member • Posts: 625

dellaaa wrote:

No one is forcing you to buy one unless there really is someone next to you with a Glock to your head yelling "BUY IT!!!!"

Sandyramirez's gear list:Sandyramirez's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Ricoh GR Pentax 645D Pentax Q Sony Alpha NEX-6 +30 more
albertTD Regular Member • Posts: 130

I don't see what's wrong with him/her stating that the $2300 price is to steep, it's a valid opinion in my view.

Dpreview have published that FUJI @ CES stated that the Body price @ $1700, is there other source that's stating $1300 for X Pro1 body?

HeavyDuty Senior Member • Posts: 1,675

Fuji + 35/1.4 = estimated $2300
Sony NEX-7 + 24/2 = $2200

What's the issue?

-- hide signature --
 HeavyDuty's gear list:HeavyDuty's gear list
Leica APO-Summicron-M 75mm f/2 ASPH Fujifilm X100S Canon XC10 Sigma dp0 Quattro Sony RX10 III +69 more
tony168 Regular Member • Posts: 103
Re: Fuji X Pro 1 pricing WHY THE RUSH

Seems to me that the more people who rush to the store to pre-order before any retail price has been firmed... provide a great incentive for Fuji to keep the price as high as possible.

Maybe if we feigned faux dis-interest, the feedback from the stores might keep the price below stratospheric?
Just a thought.
--
Tony168

dellaaa
OP dellaaa Contributing Member • Posts: 901
Thanks....

Thank you, I was just voicing my opinion.

Unfortunately the world has a plentitude of fustrated angry people.

Oh well.

Canon PowerShot G10 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Nikon D800 Sigma SD1 Merrill +5 more
dellaaa

Sony NEX 7 + 18-55 = 1349.99 at B&H.

There is no way to get into the Fuji for under $2300

That's the problem.

FritsThomsen Senior Member • Posts: 2,759

dellaaa wrote:

That's the problem.

Why is that a problem ?? .. I can find houndreds of cheaper ... and more expensive ... cameras .
I could easily buy a Casio TRYX for 199 $ .. but that is NOT what I want

Nor do I want a NEX ... I think the nex´s are aimed at a totally different segment of photografers.

dellaaa

Totally diferent? How so?

I am looking for a non SLR with excellent build and image quality, with interchangeable lenses that is designed for advanced users. Bot the Sony and Fuji qualify, and I am torn betewwn them.

I am interested, who do you think the targeted markets are?

pkincy
pkincy Contributing Member • Posts: 808

Seems to me the European price (which has been announced) of 1300 Euros shipped to the US with VAT subtracted and converted to US$ would set the price pretty closely.

Perry

Echodyne Regular Member • Posts: 174

No offical European price has ever been announced! The price tag of EUR 1,300 is a mix of rumours and wishful thinking.
--
My Flickr Photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/echodyne

Echodyne's gear list:Echodyne's gear list
Olympus PEN-F
HeavyDuty Senior Member • Posts: 1,675

dellaaa wrote:

That's the problem.

How is a crappy zoom in any way equivalent to a quality fast prime? Compare it against the NEX 7 with the 24 if you want to be honest about it.
--
Ken in Illinois
http://www.pbase.com/kjford

HeavyDuty's gear list:HeavyDuty's gear list
Leica APO-Summicron-M 75mm f/2 ASPH Fujifilm X100S Canon XC10 Sigma dp0 Quattro Sony RX10 III +69 more
Dennishh Contributing Member • Posts: 549

The truth of the matter is both the Fuji and Sony are overpriced and as long as we all buy these cameras the price will stay that way. A 5DMK2 can be had for $1900.

Dennishh's gear list:Dennishh's gear list
Sony Alpha a7R Sony Alpha a7R II Sony FE 28mm F2 Zeiss Batis 85mm F1.8 Sony FE 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G OSS +4 more
whtchocla7e Contributing Member • Posts: 928

HeavyDuty wrote:

How is a crappy zoom in any way equivalent to a quality fast prime? Compare it against the NEX 7 with the 24 if you want to be honest about it.

Quality prime? Show us your samples then.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads