K5 Anyone had a problem with the button that you press in to change lenses breaking?

Started Jan 9, 2012 | Discussions
inoahnoah Regular Member • Posts: 336
K5 Anyone had a problem with the button that you press in to change lenses breaking?

The little button that you press in to change lenses has popped off on my K-5. I was wondering if anyone else had a problem with this. I put it back on but whenever I remove the lens again it literally shoots the button off.

Does anyone have a fix for this? I really don't want to have to send it back to Pentax Service Dept. for a ten cent part and be without my camera for weeks.

Any help would be great!

Thanks,
Noah

Pentax K-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
(unknown member) Veteran Member • Posts: 6,759
A known problem

there is no DIY fix. You have to send it in for repair.
--
http://www.pbase.com/wlachan

bilybianca Contributing Member • Posts: 537
Re: K5 Anyone had a problem with the button that you press in to change lenses break

Unfortunately you are not by far the first to experience this. It's a warranty issue, mine came back from repair with the note "retainer ring replaced".

I guess it's made of low quality material, and hope that the replacement is made of something sturdier. Pentax are well aware of the problem, so there shouldn't be any debate about them fixing it under warranty. I think it's an easy repair, mine was fixed and returned the same day they got it.

Kjell

bilybianca's gear list:bilybianca's gear list
Pentax *ist DS Pentax K-5 Pentax K-1 Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 Pentax smc DA 16-45mm F4 ED AL +24 more
OP inoahnoah Regular Member • Posts: 336
Re: K5 Anyone had a problem with the button that you press in to change lenses break

thanks for the replies. Not what I wanted to hear though. Was hoping it was something I could do myself.

Appreciate the help though

phil_t Regular Member • Posts: 124

Mine went back to C.R.I.S. for warranty repair. They apparently work on a FIFO basis and it took almost a month.

phil_t's gear list:phil_t's gear list
Pentax *ist DS Pentax K10D Pentax K-01 Pentax K-1 Pentax smc DA* 60-250mm F4.0 ED (IF) SDM +6 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads