MacBook Pro w/ Lion and Epson Stylus Photo R2000

Started Jan 1, 2012 | Discussions
borderk9 New Member • Posts: 3
MacBook Pro w/ Lion and Epson Stylus Photo R2000

Looking for drivers that will work for OS Lion on a MacBook Pro for the Epson Stylus Photo R2000 Inkjet Printer. The Epson site states that the drivers are compatible but when I load them and try to add the printer to my MacBook Pro, it starts to search and update the files but errors out as it can't locate any current drivers.

Please help. This was a gift for my wife and she is anxious to use it.

Thanks,
Jay

borderk9's gear list:borderk9's gear list
Epson Stylus Photo R2000
ir Bob Forum Member • Posts: 75
Re: MacBook Pro w/ Lion and Epson Stylus Photo R2000

Epson printer drivers are now (since Snow Leopard) distributed by Apple via Software Update. They come as an optional (per brand) install. Unfortunately I don't own Lion, but with Snow Leopard they where on the OS X install Disc.

ir Bob's gear list:ir Bob's gear list
HP Photosmart R707 Nikon Coolpix P7100 Nikon D5100 Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm F2.8G ED +8 more
OP borderk9 New Member • Posts: 3

Thanks, i've downloaded the Epson Printer Driver package from the Apple site but I am still having the same problem. When I go to select the printer under "Add", it says that it is trying to update / install then error out with no installed drivers. Other times I get that "Apple doesn't have any drivers available" and to see manufacturer.

Still at a loss....

Thanks,
Jay

Epson Stylus Photo R2000
pluton Veteran Member • Posts: 3,489

The R2000 is connected and turned on, isn't it?
--
-KB-

Alpha Doug Veteran Member • Posts: 9,222

I've had this problem before. Unfortunately, the only solution is to find the r2000 drivers, (and any drivers for other no longer used Epson printers) and trash them. Once they are gone, and you have restarted, just go to System Preferences (make sure the 2000 is plugged in and is on) and under Print & Fax, use the + symbol to add a new printer. When it finds the r2000 select it, and (presuming you are on the web) it will search for the latest Apple driver and download it and install it. That should get you running.

-- hide signature --

Only my opinion. It's worth what you paid for it. Your mileage may vary! ;-}

http://www.dougwigton.com/

Alpha Doug's gear list:Alpha Doug's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Sony SLT-A77 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Olympus PEN E-PM2 Sigma 17-70mm F2.8-4 DC Macro OS HSM +1 more
OP borderk9 New Member • Posts: 3

Everyone,
Finally got it working! Thanks to all.

Yes, it was plugged in.
The steps that I took were the following:
1) Opened Finder and found the Printer libraries folder
2) Deleted ALL EPSON printer drivers
3) Restarted the laptop
4) After power up, plugged in printer via USB
5) Opened System Preference > Printer/Scan
and the R2000 was listed as idle as "Epson Stylus Photo R2000"
6) I then opened up iPhoto and tried to print

7) The printer gave an error stating that there were no drivers and asked if they should be downloaded, I clicked yes or ok (can't remember which)

8) Drivers download and printer was now visible as "Epson Stylus Photo R2000 (IP)"
9) I disconnected the printer from the laptop
10) I was now able to print wirelessly

(At least I think that were the steps...can't remember when I disconnected USB cable)

Thanks to all for the assistance,

-J

Epson Stylus Photo R2000
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads