what camera does Saul Leiter use?

Started Dec 18, 2011 | Discussions
FortyTwoh New Member • Posts: 2
what camera does Saul Leiter use?

Hi,

somebody knows what digital camera does Saul Leiter use?

http://photographyinterviews.blogspot.com/2009/04/saul-leiter-quiet-iconoclast-saul.html

renttoown Contributing Member • Posts: 561
I Know What Camera Does Saul Leiter Uses

The short story is he uses a Panasonic LX5, at least part of the time.

I met Saul in September at the Strand book store just before I did a five day street photography workshop with John Free. I didn't know who Saul was. I was looking at the photography books on the 2nd floor and noticed an older man with a camera that looked like my LX3. I went up to ask him about his camera and he asked if I purchased his book. I hadn't so we talked for a while. Two hours later he had taken several photos of me and asked a lot of personal questions unrelated to photography. He didn't want to talk about photography so we talked about life. I took some photos of his hands he liked. He said he doesn't take that many photos these days but liked the size of the camera and the quality of the images. Good enough for me. Too bad he never sent me the image he promised.

Goes to show you, you never know who you will run into at the Strand book store.

Marty
Street Photographer & Pyschiatric Nurse Practitioner student
--
Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you.

renttoown's gear list:renttoown's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Leica D Summilux Asph 25mm F1.4 +4 more
dovi Senior Member • Posts: 1,452
Re: I Know What Camera Does Saul Leiter Uses

Wonderful.
Fantastic photog.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads