Nex UNDERWATER

Started Dec 4, 2011 | Discussions
OP MikeStern Junior Member • Posts: 29
Re: Nex UNDERWATER

Worsel6

Thank you very much for sharing your impressions. It's is so unbelievable that the Manufacturer Delight has not answered my email. So to me that makes you the only person to hear from. please share some pictures.

I will wait to see if they modify this housing for us Nex5n owners.

M

Bobby Handal
Bobby Handal Veteran Member • Posts: 5,661

I placed an order for the housing, they wrote to me saying that they ran out of the housing for the pancake lens, that they would change it , if I wanted, for the housing with the kit zoom, although it is more expensive. That was quite nice of them.

However, in the small photo they sent showing me the housing f/kit lens, it does not show the zoom mechanism or anything. For UW work, the wider the better, So I told them that I would rather wait for the UW housing f/ pancake lens.

They are a good vendor, I have bought from them in the past but through ebay.

I believe that they are cheaper direct for the ridiculous fees ebay paypal charge.

Bobby Handal's gear list:Bobby Handal's gear list
Nikon Coolpix AW130 Olympus TG-5 Nikon 1 V1 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Nikon 1 V2 +74 more

Will you share that picture with us?

"Link Delight underwater housing for nex 5 zoom kit lens" picture you were talking about.
M

Bobby Handal

Here it is, the top photo is for small pancake lens and the bottom photo is for housing with kit zoom lens.

Nikon Coolpix AW130 Olympus TG-5 Nikon 1 V1 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Nikon 1 V2 +74 more

I WANT IT!!!

Certainly the 18-55 kit lens. But how come they dont take care of us Nex5n users ???
How long will it take... :@

M

toxotis700
toxotis700 Contributing Member • Posts: 667

can you please, post an image sample with and without the case ?
To see the quality loss in resolution , colors etc...

Papasha Senior Member • Posts: 2,158
Second that...

Image before and after would be highly appreciated…

If only it worked for NEX5N…

toxotis700 wrote:

can you please, post an image sample with and without the case ?
To see the quality loss in resolution , colors etc...

-- hide signature --

Some of my older work: http://www.pbase.com/papasha

Papasha's gear list:Papasha's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony SLT-A77 Sony Alpha a99 Sony a7R II Sony DT 16-80mm F3.5-4.5 ZA Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* +10 more
RedMangrove Junior Member • Posts: 36
Re: Second that...

So can the zoom on the 18-55mm be used? Also, is the entire housing different and fixed per lens or is it a port that can be changed?

Tee Lon Tsen Forum Member • Posts: 63

please show some pics u have taken from this housing.
thanks

how do u zooming with this housing ?
the NEX 5n in this housing have no way to shot a video ?
are there any way to shot video without using the video button?

I see a button for video shooting there on the picture.
Remember video button is not on top, it is more on the diagonal back.

It is only a strong guess. Can anybody confirm?

anyone order the kits lens housing ?

RedMangrove Junior Member • Posts: 36

Any reports back on the quality of the housing? Photo quality through port? Some sort of review.

riaCanon New Member • Posts: 5

I wonder the same thing about zoom function on the 18-55 housing? Would someone please confirm whether it is possible to use the zoom?

I saw similar item on ebay. This one cost a bit more than Link Delight but it is marketed with 3rd party brand called "Mieke". I have known them for making 3rd party battery grip and other accessories.

I am thinking of purchasing that one, somehow having a box with a brand name makes me more confident in purchasing. They might come from the same manufacturer though.
Here is the link.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MeiKe-MK-NEX5-Waterproof-Underwater-Case-Sony-NEX5-camera-w-16mm-F2-8-lens-/320822824973?pt=US_Camera_Underwater_Housings&hash=item4ab287d00d

Bobby Handal

I am still waiting to get mine.... hmm ... starting to worry?
--
http://www.photoexpedition.net
http://www.fotoclubhonduras.com

Irondog New Member • Posts: 14

IMHO Meike IS the manufacturer of the case...

http://www.mkgrip.com/en/products-look.aspx?id=99

alatriste New Member • Posts: 13

The record button and the playback button do not work for a 5N camera. All other work. Underwater it could be a nice system for video.

It is possible to adapt them.

alatriste New Member • Posts: 13

this photo shows more or less the displacement problem between sony 5 and sony 5n

heynowtest Regular Member • Posts: 399

so you have a 5 to use it with?

Bobby Handal
just received mine.... yes !!!!

Well, I received the bag (yes a courier bag) that had the box of the housing itself, I almost crapped myself no outer box, just the housing box itself, wow. It traveled from HK to USA then to Honduras !!! it made it, uff, close call.

Well I am very happy to report that the housing is quite nice, designed only for the Nex 5 , every single function can be used with the buttons of the housing. It comes with an extra set of O rings and a large silicone grease and a nice orange strap. Apparently they have a case available for nex 3 and for short and long lens, which means that they make for both the pancake lens and the kit zoom.

They apparently lowered the price now for $81.33 this is a FANTASTIC DEAL and it is a much better alternative to opteka bags or others, for casual snorkeling. Even if you don't go often to snorkel or dive, this is not bad price at all, quite easy to justify the expense.

Just to give you an idea, by its side is a old housing for a canon point and shoot, about the same quality and these range from the $149 to $199 range. They are about the same size !!!

Here is by the side of the Olympus housing for the EPL-1 camera, which is substantially bigger, but then again it can use two lenses not the pancake lenses.

The housing for the Nex has a tripod screw mount in the bottom to screw a underwater grip for uw flash, as the housing is clear, I don't think they will be any issues putting a slave to it.

This means that at this time, the cheapest alternative for underwater photography goes to the Nex 5 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cant wait for the rainy season to end to go to a nearby key to try it out !!!!

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads